What are the rarest tracks you own?

the rarest tracks will always be some unreleased stuff that noone ever got even on DAT, so that discussion is somewhat pointless. But rares releases is another story. Here are some of mine (all are links to correspnding Discogs.com page):

Goat Ranch 7 - "Specific / Nanoteque"

Goat Ranch 7 - "Ain't Goin' To Goa"

The Infinity Project - "The Infonet EP"

The Infinity Project - "Riddle Of The Infinite / Freedom Of The Flesh"

The Infinity Project - "Time And Space EP"

Underhead / MK Ultra - AUM 001

Pleiadians - "Alcyone" (etched one-sided promo)

Etnica - "Astral Way / Asian Code"

Etnica - "Tribute / Intense Visitation"

There's more, but that'll do for now B)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering how rare the Colorbox album is, I've never seen it around since I bought it back in the days :blink:

the rarest track I own is miraculix - inspector gagdet... but it's like a rmx or something... In the original version there is a sample singing and it's really bad... but mine version is pure fullon without any sample... just that inspector gagdet melody travelling up & down and it's the bomb... :D ... never found any info about that track or never knew where it's released... got it from a friend 4 years ago on mp3...

Utah Saints - Star (Union Jack Mix).

Released on: Utah Saints - Star, 12" FFRR - 1996, pressed on translucent dirty white vinyl.

The Union Jack Remix is worth every single penny!

202101[/snapback]

I'd die to hear that! I just love old Utah Saints stuff, and Union Jack also.

My rarest cds... Hard to say, just as Ukiro sais, unreleased material is out of the question, but I have at least 80 cds at home that are not on discogs, and there are many strange ones between them I never heard about before I bought them... :)

My rarest cds... Hard to say, just as Ukiro sais, unreleased material is out of the question, but I have at least 80 cds at home that are not on discogs, and there are many strange ones between them I never heard about before I bought them... :)

202106[/snapback]

I'd love to see some info on those man =) There appears to have been quite a few French compilations in the mid nineties, most of which never made it to any pan-european distributors.

I'd die to hear that! I just love old Utah Saints stuff, and Union Jack also.

202102[/snapback]

Yeah, it's sad that this release only were pressed as promo.

I read, that in august 2000 a copy went for 102 UK Pounds on eBay. Mine wasn't THAT expensive but it may give unrelated people a clue about this record :)

Transwave - The Rezwalker (Black Thunder Mix)

202138[/snapback]

Now that's been brought up several times... but why, it's not rare at all? It's on the Rezwalker EP on Matsuri. Hell I even had three copies of that 12" for a while...

Ok so it's not super-easy to find, but there's PLENTY of stuff thats harder to get ahold of.

Not meaning to put you down here, I just felt this one track isn't as rare as it's made out to be =)

you don't find that a track released on an EP in 95 (when not many people were into goa in the first place) and never featured on a comp or anything is NOT rare? Well, of course, compared to some white label vinyl that was pressed in ultra-limited quantity and distributed for promo purposes only I agree but for people into buying albums on CDs it's pretty rare no?

and it's not because someone has more than one copy of something that it's not rare for other people... if someone has 3 Ferrari Enzos, does that mean that it's not a rare car?!?

you don't find that a track released on an EP in 95 (when not many people were into goa in the first place) and never featured on a comp or anything is NOT rare? Well, of course, compared to some white label vinyl that was pressed in ultra-limited quantity and distributed for promo purposes only I agree but for people into buying albums on CDs it's pretty rare no?

and it's not because someone has more than one copy of something that it's not rare for other people... if someone has 3 Ferrari Enzos, does that mean that it's not a rare car?!?

202164[/snapback]

Ouch, chill mate... It IS released on CD. At least 4 different CD's, at that. It's not even hard to find:

http://www.discogs.com/release/208300

http://www.discogs.com/release/127980

http://www.discogs.com/release/48808

http://www.discogs.com/release/49236

In fact, the first one of those is STILL available through Psyshop:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pho/pho1cd036.html

So, before you throw a tantrum, maybe it wouldn't hurt to check some facts. Trust me, that track is not the Ferarri Enzo of goa trance...

Power Source-Mission Control (Full Unmixed Version) that was never released.This track was only released in a mixed version in a compilation by Hommega Productions named The Clubber Volume 1 and was included as a bonus track on the second mixed cd of the compilation.Probably the last tune ever produced by Power Source.

Yahel-Intelligent Life (2002 Remix) that was also never released.The original tune was a great hit all over the world and Yahel did an even faster and more melodic remix to this great tune that unfortunately never appeared anywhere.A great loss to this world me thinks.

Electric Universe-Morning Star (Original Version) One of the best tracks ever by Borris Blenn that unfortunately was never released in its original version.This track is included on Electric Universe's latest album but on a remixed version that is levels below the original version.This is a massive one.

I could go on with this list for ever but as you can understand artists produce many tunes that never get released (and some of them are very good but for some strange reason are never signed anywhere) so there are plenty of very rare tracks out there mostly between the artists themselves and the labels that they work with.

P.S Tracks that people downloaded from the internet,even unreleased ones,are not considered rare,at least for me.

Mm, I think file sharing is so great just because of this: obscure tracks lose their "rare" status and they can be appreciated by their artistic values only...

The problem is, that many people that own these tracks on vinyl/cd/dat/whatever have a strange jealous attitude towards them and they are very anti-spread about them? I can't seem to understand that.

I think this music should be appreciated by everybody, so just share that music so the vibe will grow and maybe even some fullon people will accidentally listen to some real trance every once in a while ;)

And another thing is that I don't see why labels and artists cling on to their old unreleased tracks that will be never published. Why not just put it all up on the web, since SO many people are interested in them anyway?

Personally I think this whole rare tracks trading stuff is sick, people breaking into labelpeoples' houses at night, etc.

I've only released one track (that wasn't even very good) on a label, but I can promise that all my finished tracks will always be downloadable from the net, no matter what.

This drifts a bit offtopic now, but I fell like I want to share my thoughts on this:

I think one reason why artist don't release their unsigned tracks on the net is that it won't do them much good. In this business, everyone is struggling to get by - even most of the big names are a long way from getting rich. Every track you release generates income and spreads you name, which in return gets you more gigs. And every gig is a chance to get more people to buy your releases and generate a greater demand for your music.

Free, downloadable tracks don't fit very well with this equation - the upside is ofcourse that more people get to know your music and you can attract more fans, but the downside is that people might get the idea that you music can be downloaded for free. Free tracks also divert atention away from the commercial releases, and thus from the whole circle of consumption that keeps you financially afloat in this industry.

It's a fine balance...

Yeah, I had Cycles of Life on CD #2 of Trancentral 4, but it was mixed, so blah... I think on Symbiosis it was the only place to get it unmixed? Or was it unmixed on Trancemaster 11?

64595[/snapback]

I have the transcentral 4 on vinyl, and on that one its unmixed =)

HALLUCINOGEN "TWISTED" (2xLP) (FLUORESENT YELLOW VINYL) (DRAGONFLY)

202663[/snapback]

There are several versions of this. I have one with a pink/red and a yellow/green disc, while my girlfriend has the version you've got, with the two yellow ones. There was also a black vinyl version of the original Dragonfly pressing (I have one of those too), and there's a rumoured mega-rare version with some sort of glittery gold confetti inside semi-transparent, fluorescent vinyl which was apparantly made in 10 (!!!) copies. A guy I know (and he's not one to make shit like this up) saw one of these go for 480 euro on eBay a few years back. I've never heard anything about it myself and I can't swear it really exists.

There's a coloured vinyl version of The Lone Deranger too, but I don't know much about it. I think it was purple/pink, and it was refered to as the "evil vinyl" at the label. This may well have been some sort of picture disc, I'm not sure. I think they made 100 copies of that version.

Then there is always the question of how being financially dependent from your art affects your creative soul.

I think goa sounded the best and most fresh back in the very early days when I think not too many people even thought about getting their tracks released. They just made music for people to dance to, and have fun.

I think this one of the reasons why psymusic is so different and fresh here in Finland, there is absolutely zero chance of getting so "Big" as to support yourself with psytrance, so people don't have to think too much about getting their music sold to anybody except the partyppl.

The downside is of course that it's much harder to focus on the craft if you have to do another job to support yourself...

And originally I was talking about OLD tracks anyway, that nobody will probably be interested to release anymore since they are "outdated" (hmm, is delta blues outdated?? dixieland jazz?), but many fans would die to hear.

But I agree, the discussion is getting diverted :P