3. Effluvium Of K'thun
4. Awakening Rhan Tegoth
5. Blessings Of Chaugnar Faugn
6. In The Court Of Hastur
7. Daemon Sultan
8. Temple Of Nephren-Ka
9. Originator Of Madness
10. Sacrifice To Tsathoggua

One of the crazier pieces from Mr Deepak and one of the crazier albums out there in general. 3 Hoorahs.

https://neogoarecords.bandcamp.com/album/into-madness

• 11 months later...

I miss a lot of things.

Like being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want. Sure I can still do it, but now it comes with fat a*ss consequences. I miss being able to stay up past 11 at night. It's not like any part of my day is strenuous, but like clockwork there I am on the couch wondering how the hell I fell asleep at 8:30. I closed my eyes for like, 5 minutes!

But, I also miss the Neogoa label. Ivan and co. busted their a** to produce and deliver so many quality releases and oftentimes for nothing. This was the final offering from the label and it puts a nice bow on their catalog. The Maniac is Deepak B (or B. Deepak?) and he created  Intense, pounding beats with machine gun spray 303 aggression. There is not a lot of room to catch your breath with such a high tempo barrage of barely controlled chaos. One of the things I liked is the seamless transition into new arpeggio lines. Like a lot of neogoa the most prominent gripe is that this album could be one long track as the sounds aren't that varied. And I don't know where you guys are on the chronology scale, but at my age this many tracks at that high speed can be exhausting. But like a gimp with a red ball in his mouth bent over a chair receiving his umpteenth spanking from a non-verbal dwarf with a prosthetic leg...I end up wanting more. This album is 4 on the floor madness set at a blistering pace with great production. Super clear.

Like I said, I was sorry to see them go, but I implore all the new neophytes looking to explore the genre to give this once dominant netlabel a look because there is a f*ckton of great music to be found here.

Neogoa Bandcamp

• Like 1