CD Single , Insane Pricing

Starkraver

Ok, I've had enough of this!!

Be it

Kuro - Vision Of Mars or

Jaia - Brainstorm

Or the CD - EP's (of course I'm talking about Transwave)

What's with the insane prices?! 200, 500 euros?!!

The same pieces on vinyl sell for 20! Okay I understand not all prefer vinyl playback but a 10 fold price rise? It's almost the same case with all CD singles.

Can some tell me why? Is it because of the limited copies?

Please go ahead and list more CD singles which are being sold in 3 digit prices on Discogs.

Discussed many other times.

DJing in the 90's was with vinyls, no one would ask a CD single for djing right? Nowadays the majority don't play vinyl (or much less than before) and of course in the 90's there was no oldschool demand.

+what Joske said :)

I feel the pricing is a bit unnecessary when it comes to goa cds. I get it that people want them badly and pay accordingly. But it is a decent amount of psychology running a little too hot in my opinion.

A good copy of Accidental Occidentalism for 200 euros just makes me uninterested (even if I had a salary of a billion euros a year). If I would have let my copy go of course it wouldn't be for a dollar but I'd probably set the price at about 40 maybe 50 euros. The other 150 euros is to me mere psychological warfare, and I really don't like going to war.

• Like 1

I feel the pricing is a bit unnecessary when it comes to goa cds. I get it that people want them badly and pay accordingly. But it is a decent amount of psychology running a little too hot in my opinion.

A good copy of Accidental Occidentalism for 200 euros just makes me uninterested (even if I had a salary of a billion euros a year). If I would have let my copy go of course it wouldn't be for a dollar but I'd probably set the price at about 40 maybe 50 euros. The other 150 euros is to me mere psychological warfare, and I really don't like going to war.

:) Interesting view.

Mergi - if that day comes ( selling your copy ) you would tell me right? :D

i just glad i have all the music from when i owned them

and sold for reasonable prices i might add!

i got offered 300 euro the other day for a cd i bought on ebay for 1 dollar in 2008

pity i sold it for 50 bucks last year (thought i got a good deal with that one!)

i just glad i have all the music from when i owned them

and sold for reasonable prices i might add!

i got offered 300 euro the other day for a cd i bought on ebay for 1 dollar in 2008

pity i sold it for 50 bucks last year (thought i got a good deal with that one!)

Mind me asking which one.?

Quite frankly, starkraver, the day I let my AO comp go (which unfortunately never will happen) you'd probably get it in exchange for some random record you've got. I'm more into trading than ripping people off. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quite frankly, starkraver, the day I let my AO comp go (which unfortunately never will happen) you'd probably get it in exchange for some random record you've got. I'm more into trading than ripping people off. :)

I would offer you a "pretty good" random record ;)

That CD, that I also never found original because scarcely distributed (Tripout Volume 1), is very sought after. Mostly by Nitzhonot collectors though who are often spending a lot. I wish I got it from you at 50 though, a reasonable price.

Regarding the cd singles of the topic, I concur, in the 90s not many wanted them, they were looked like strange, people would buy the album or a compilation, more value for the money and djs who were buying singles preferred the vinyl version. That is why they are now collector's items. I have been offered numbers with 00 for the singles in my collection, notably the ones on flying rhino which seem to be as rare as the Jaia's one.

The KURO single is an exception, a little work of art in itself and I understand why it costs much, it's from Japan and all and I remember I paid a fortune for it myself (over 100 I recall).

The KURO single is an exception, a little work of art in itself and I understand why it costs much, it's from Japan and all and I remember I paid a fortune for it myself (over 100 I recall).

It ( the Martian) looks very pretty :D and a very nice EP IMO. Vision Of Mars, such a nice track. Over 100?! Damn Draeke sorry to hear that. Hope it was sealed one for that price.

• 1 month later...

I really hate this culture, in fact let me go ahead and say i'm starting to hate this whole scene and how it has affected me. Fucking petty things and fucking drama for what? A couple of CD's!! fuck that. Shame on me :(

One of these days i'm gonna burn all these so called classics! (nice video reminding me to stay away from this shit)

I really hate this culture, in fact let me go ahead and say i'm starting to hate this whole scene and how it has affected me. Fucking petty things and fucking drama for what? A couple of CD's!! fuck that. Shame on me :(

One of these days i'm gonna burn all these so called classics! (nice video reminding me to stay away from this shit)

????????

I just got psyched out. :/ no I ain't burning, I would rather give them away to friends and concentrate on my vinyl collection. If few titles are not in my collection, so what? There's so much of good music out there apart from Goa.

I have turned into a hypocrite thanks to this shit. I do not like it. I'm trying to do away with all of this.

Forget all that, how's your P1 sounding?

I just got psyched out. :/ no I ain't burning, I would rather give them away to friends and concentrate on my vinyl collection. If few titles are not in my collection, so what? There's so much of good music out there apart from Goa.

I have turned into a hypocrite thanks to this shit. I do not like it. I'm trying to do away with all of this.

Forget all that, how's your P1 sounding?

awsome!

have just secured some goa vinyls frome joske (thanks mate)

dont' have that much goa on vinyl but ones i have are awsome

just bought some peter tosh, old rock (foreigner, lynyrd skynyrd, cream, hendrix)

and some 80's pop (showing my age)

having a blast with it

don't be to disconcerned, if you let go of cd's, for what they are really worth, to people who deserve them as i did

makes you feel much better about it

Hey that's nice, which vinyls did you get?

Yup :)

You might want to check out Mobile fidelity 45rpm series for classic rock and jazz stuff. Sick sick re-issues! Do not miss out on Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue box set. Sounds so amazing.

+1 to what Mergi has said above

I haven't bought second hand CDs so far and I don't intend to. It doesn't support the artists, and the prices are higher than brand new CDs. Why would I do it? I'm fine if I can't have a lot of things released years ago, I can live with that :D ! Plus, there is a lot of old school stuff re-released nowadays. There's so much good music to listen to, I don't even have the time to listen everything.

I very much dislike this part of the scene (buying and selling music at exorbitant prices) and, honestly, I think it's silly and futile. No, thanks, I'll pass. I'm not going to enter into this vicious circle!

Hey that's nice, which vinyls did you get?

Yup :)

You might want to check out Mobile fidelity 45rpm series for classic rock and jazz stuff. Sick sick re-issues! Do not miss out on Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue box set. Sounds so amazing.

got some tip and rhino stuff

will def check those out

those blue note re releases are truly amazing, i got one for my friend for his 40th, quality is phenominal, those guys truly know how to deliver the full packange

well I too feel like the used market has very high out of the ordinary prices and the collectionism drive is what decided these. Not that is right of course but it is what it is.

I bought the kuro single brand new and sealed yes and with obi that is why it was so expensive but hey, i only have a few items that i paid so much and all of them top rarity items, i guess i liked them just enough to justify the sacrifice. But i hear you and supporting current releases and the music of now, is so important. Anyway the best things, will eventually all get reissued, have faith in all the labels out there!

• Like 1

well I too feel like the used market has very high out of the ordinary prices and the collectionism drive is what decided these. Not that is right of course but it is what it is.

I bought the kuro single brand new and sealed yes and with obi that is why it was so expensive but hey, i only have a few items that i paid so much and all of them top rarity items, i guess i liked them just enough to justify the sacrifice. But i hear you and supporting current releases and the music of now, is so important. Anyway the best things, will eventually all get reissued, have faith in all the labels out there!

they will indeed thanks to you and some others

can i give you a list!!!!