Out of the loop, need to get back into it (Part 2)

Mergi

Yeah there is a bunch of stuff I'm missing out on this time around, but I'm thinking of doing something similar. I'm seriously thinking about doing something like this with the vast ektoplazm catalogue... and I'm so far behind in there I'm going to need help on that as well. But all in due time, as someone said "no stress" right :).

Yeah there is a bunch of stuff I'm missing out on this time around, but I'm thinking of doing something similar. I'm seriously thinking about doing something like this with the vast ektoplazm catalogue... and I'm so far behind in there I'm going to need help on that as well. But all in due time, as someone said "no stress" right :).

Right :)

Ectoplazm recommendations would be nice.

It's a vast ocean of amazing music. I'm sure everyone will gain an album or 2 from that.

I'm going to be bold and give you a multiple choice :D

If you're looking for extra downtempo (idm'ish, but very very good imo) I'd recommend conversations with bees: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ale/ale1cd021.html

If you're looking for a bit more progressive with a lot of 303's (and don't mind the first track, the rest of the album is stellar), I'd recommend Maiia303's Sky in diamonds: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ovn/ovn1cd093.html

If a bit more forest is needed, go for Goch - Sphere Of Influence (Though with hutti heita you already have the best forest release in your list of the last years, with sphere of influence coming in second): http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hyo/hyo1cd006.html

(Definitely go for the acid box suggestion that was made a bit earlier too!! It's awesome tech trance.)

So I hope I didn't give too many options... either of these three will fit in nicely as a good representative of their respective subgenre. So you can look at your list as is and decide what's still missing. :)

So, the CDs are in they're purchased and they're hopefully in my hands sometime 5-10 days from now. A few yellow items that need waiting for.

I: Ephedra - Journey Through My Head (Starkraver)

II: Electrypnose - E7 (Scandinasia)

III: Cybered - Acid Box (Manuser)

IV: Various - Erta Ale (Penzoline)

V: Various - Ten Spins Around The Sun (Anoebis)

VI: Polyphonia - Beyond The Ocean Of Time (Ormion)

VII: Artifact303 - Back To Space (Padmapani)

VIII: Psysex - Mind Penetration (Celaripo)

IX: Hutta Heita - Hutta Heita (Juril)

X: Maiia - Sky In Diamond (IronSun)

of course nobody has won yet, this is just a list of the current CDs that are competing for the top spot. :D

• Like 1

5 Goa releases :

Journey Through My Head (nitzhonic 604)

Back to Space (melodic 604)

Erta Alé (melodic 604)

Ten Spins Around the Sun (melodic 604)

Skies in Diamond (progressive 604)

2 Progressive/Psytrance releases :

E7

Mind Penetration

1 Forest release

Hutti Heita

1 Darkpsy release

Polyphonia

1 Tech Trance release

Acid box

What an amazing competition. More interesting than loop 1 IMO. This one has a great diversity, and gathers the masters. And this time, it's more focused on the contemporary esthetic of underground psytrance.

Textured atsmospheres, contemmporary basslines, experimental sounds with less storylines. Let the better win !

Also, that's 50% Goa, 50% Psy.

What also excites me is that there are some releases sounding alike, but different enough to spice up the competition. Like Electrypnose vs Psysex, or Hutti Heita vs Cybered.

Artifact303 shall also be a terrible competitor.

What an adventure ! :lol:

• Like 1

So, the CDs are in they're purchased and they're hopefully in my hands sometime 5-10 days from now. A few yellow items that need waiting for.

I: Ephedra - Journey Through My Head (Starkraver)

II: Electrypnose - E7 (Scandinasia)

III: Cybered - Acid Box (Manuser)

IV: Various - Erta Ale (Penzoline)

V: Various - Ten Spins Around The Sun (Anoebis)

VI: Polyphonia - Beyond The Ocean Of Time (Ormion)

VII: Artifact303 - Back To Space (Padmapani)

VIII: Psysex - Mind Penetration (Celaripo)

IX: Hutta Heita - Hutta Heita (Juril)

X: Maiia - Sky In Diamond (IronSun)

of course nobody has won yet, this is just a list of the current CDs that are competing for the top spot. :D

FYI, I had changed mine to

Nebula Meltdown - Stardust Chronicles.

I hope you've not ordered yet.

starkraver: I've done the purchase already so no changing mind...

rotwang: I'll still have it written down next time I do a shopping spree on psyshop, think there was more stuff that didn't make it in the first loop too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes yes, slowly it is getting there. next weekend is my weekend off so probably I'm getting a few done then.

got started on the suntrip ten spins, still got the ambient cd to listen to, massive compilation that.

Unfortunately I'm not quite the best at reviewing. I mainly do them for myself, to help me melt the impressions I get from the CD I'm listening to.

OK... let's see what we can see... we have one winner actually but it was close between artifact303 and cybered, had acid box delivered through to the end of the CD I'd have two winners.

I'm happy that you liked the Ephedra album.

There are ton of Free releases that you MUST check out.

Especially Neogoa stuff.

And also these CD's are definitely worth the time:

Ubar Tmar - Ubarpedia (very very highly recommended!)

VA- Moon Ritual (you might have most of tracks on vinyl, but still check this out)

Zion 604 stuff:

Flight 6054 - I, II

Deviant Electronics - Green Room

I'm sure good people here can add more :D

Actually I liked most of them. I - V are all pretty damn good, VI - IX is where things start to falter a bit but there is redeeming moments and qualities throughout most of them, X was really really not my style though.