The album that dissapointed you the most

Ormion

Some more

Oforia-Let It Beat

Huge dissapointment. Basically morning psytrance with hints of progressive by a Goa legend. Thank God for the amazing remix of Alien Pump.

Shift-Dirty Signal

Crushingly dissapointing. One great track and a bunch of mediocre electro inspired twilight ones. The first track has singing by Shift as well.

Astral Projection-Amen

Well duh. Not a bad album at all, but not on par with AP brilliance.

Eraser vs Yojalka-Tarinat

Again not a bad album, but too groovy and freestyle compared to the masterpiece Round 1.

Hydraglyph-Euphonics

Highly awaited album for me that ended up in tears.

Trashlords-Made In Goa

The definition of huge dissapointment. What the hell happened?

Oforia-Let It Beat

Huge dissapointment. Basically morning psytrance with hints of progressive by a Goa legend. Thank God for the amazing remix of Alien Pump.

Trashlords-Made In Goa

The definition of huge dissapointment. What the hell happened?

+1

Man With No Name - Interstate Highway: dull & boring compared to his old masterpieces!!

California Sunshine - Flying Eye Land: after the amazing Nasha this was a HUGE :(

I agree about Back To Space. His compilation tracks were pure powerful Goa, but his album way too floating.

As for "Back to Space", it sure is one of the best album of the newschool era, but unfortunately, I do agree with you on one point : the tracks could have been pushed further. The potential was not unleashed at 100%. Rather at 80%. Some tracks lack a bit of consistency, and it is hard to fully appreciate them while being sober.

Artifact303 compilation tracks are indeed better than Back To Space album, but I don't see it as some dissapointment, it got some outstanding moments, but it's hard to appriciate it more on the album itself than on compilation among the other artists. If you take for example Mysterious Fantasy or Beyond The Lightspeed and put it on some compilation, people will appriciate it just like his earlier works, the thing is that on the album it's hard to have 'so much' brilliant moments unlike on some V/A where you can show your best in less time. I still haven't heard any Goa trance album from 2004 onwards where all tracks are perfect. Maybe Ra's 9th was the closest thing to perfection (at least, perfection for my personal taste in Goa trance music). So, that might be a reason why some people see Back To Space as a let down.

I think the whole expectation matter is based on a misunderstanding.

The last single tracks before his debut album were "Levitation Device", "Influence Your Dreams" or (2008's) Feelings, tracks not very different than the way his composes but more acid and twisted. That's why what was thought to be expected from Artifact303 was full goa storming. The sound in "Back To Space" is floating in the Suntrip way but also more mellow and trance. Likewise the music is a mix of mellow trance and goa trance, in some parts leaning mostly to mellow trance like "The Will Communicate" & "For A Better World", and in other leaning mostly to goa trance as in "Mysterious Fantasy". Not badwritten since the composer's capabilities doesn't lack of skill, but still the direction isn't towards pure psychedelic.

Now that you raise the subject, it seems to me that The Inner Shift is a hard to listen, and that Crossing Mind's major issue is to remain coherent within his tracks. The moods are too changing IMO, and the track fade away into a complicated shapeless cloud exhausted with emotions. That is why I prefer the first album, even if Optronic Circles had SO MUCH effects on me.

Speaking about The Inner Shift, it's one of the albums where you have to listen to details and get into it for a loooong period of time, since Crossing Mind music is all about the little textures of sound that you just can't experience or get in to it on first listening or on second listening. For sure, it was hard for him to make better album than the debut but to say it's a let down, well, not in my book for sure.

Crossing Mind - The Inner Shift.

Some of the tracks are so shrill and harsh that I just can't listen to the album, even though I know the guy has talent. If I had lower expectations then I probably wouldn't have cared or been disappointed.

That was for me more of a dissapointment since i like his music as demo versions and in "The Holographic Paradigm". I saw CM as a descendant of Jaia, MFG and Asia 2001.

I think that the modern production and the use of a larger variety of sounds drawn away Crossing Mind from his roots.

I would have to say Artha - Influencing Dreams. I really really enjoyed Fluori Dolby. It had great song writing, structure, and groove. And then the full album came out and it was like all those delicious melodies, imaginative sounds, explorations just vanished. The flow was gone, to my ears anyways.

Agree . Everyone here was going gaga and i was wondering what the fuss was all about . sounded so bland .

A dissapointment, indeed.

His promo demo versions circulated as "unreleased_album-(promo)-web-200x" is quite charismatic & spiritual material.

I will just comment on the 3rd one, as no one did. Seriously? Unearthly, one of the biggest disappointments? What?! It's one of the best chillout albums, I'm sure a lot of people agree on that.

Sorry, the production here is very shiny & polished, plus the direction of the music is more contemporary & new age than psymbient. It is on a different field than his previous creations on Altar, which were magnificent. But i cannot deny that it doesn't lack of interest at an extent.

funny ..cuz i find back to space" be one of the best albums since the golden era

ive listen it so many times...

i dont want to ruin somebody 's day..but in the last 10 years i enjoyed no more then 3-4 albums

rest are ...well..poor