Colorbox style trance

radi6404

Can anyone tell me the artists that sound like colorbox and bypass unit. Their style is very unique and more asia like as the other goa trance styles. The music is very powerful and energetic and has something sweet. It sounds a bit like eastern influenced but not like newschool, but different. The melodies are very strong and the sound is a little aggressive, which I like. I had a cd with many tracks in that style, but I lost it unfortunately. Can someone name me other groups that sound like that? I know about the album goa trance 3 which is not bad, but I had a much better album like that with very interesting tracks. It doesn´t appear on discogs, unfortunately. On that compilation Cyanid by Colorbox was the first track. After that an impressive track followed that sounded similar to colorbox, but softer. I wish I could find that compilation. Psygone sounds like that aswell.

• Like 2

Pharagonesia - Pharatropic http://www.discogs.com/Pharagonescia-Touch/release/176996

Mos Fet - Supersonic Wind http://www.discogs.com/Various-Tathata-II/release/36299

That's all I got as far as goa that sounds like Colorbox. Big fan of their style, as you say, it's slightly aggressive goa that stays on just the right side of cheese.

Not close matches but old Asia 2001 has some of the same droning*, insistent quality as Train To Chroma City, and Miranda/Ominus' music has some similar sounding melodies.

*I'm thinking of making a drone-goa set so you can hear more of what I mean - it's rare!

Bypass Unit Zenia (Fat Freddy Mix '97)

The album version of this track is one of the best tracks ever produced in goa trance history when it comes to the style of Colorbox and Bypass unit. The energy, happyness and geniuity of that track are remarkable and in my opinion this track is the definition of goa trance, but mostly the album version. The E.P. edition is too slow in my opinion and the key is set too low.

Another just as impressive sounding track is Terpsichore - Bogakka. Very melodic and full sounding. It sounds like it is night outside.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me the artists that sound like colorbox and bypass unit. Their style is very unique and more asia like as the other goa trance styles. The music is very powerful and energetic and has something sweet. It sounds a bit like eastern influenced but not like newschool, but different. The melodies are very strong and the sound is a little aggressive, which I like. I had a cd with many tracks in that style, but I lost it unfortunately. Can someone name me other groups that sound like that? I know about the album goa trance 3 which is not bad, but I had a much better album like that with very interesting tracks. It doesn´t appear on discogs, unfortunately. On that compilation Cyanid by Colorbox was the first track. After that an impressive track followed that sounded similar to colorbox, but softer. I wish I could find that compilation. Psygone sounds like that aswell.

yea they were good. Stuff from the Denmark. Bypass unit first two albums were good but then god they went hardcore. Same with colorbox its true goacore . Psygone is sort in the middle but not into that stuff anymore , not worth it lol

I agree with Earwall about Asia 2001.

First I was gonna say Psygone but you mentioned Psygone at the end of your first post, so yes Asia 2001 got a unique sound but you should check albums like Dreamland and Amnesia (if you haven't already).

yea Dreamland is stunning album and Amnesia for his best of. :)

Bypass Unit

Solar Plexus

Lost Buddha?

lol nice connection! :P

I like a bit of Solar Plexus although its a bit primitive goa , although it was release in 98 it sounds like it was made in 1991 and for bypass unit only second album , green dreams it was called. As for Solar Plexus is good and chilled. :)

as for colorbox i found a recent one they did in 2008 and yea you can tell its hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FivRgdaUHh0

yes its the same colorbox its in their discogs

https://www.discogs.com/artist/56087-Color-Box

its just like ah <_< lol :lol: