some good newschool goa trance

radi6404

Can anyone please recommend me some good newschool goa trance that sounds similar to oldschool goa trance and has high quality mixing and mastering? Lately I tried some Skarma because it is similar to Astral Projection, but I was very dissapointed by the soundquality. The mixing sounded bad and homemade, as if I had created the track and not even used mastering plug-ins. I was very dssapointed by Skarma, even the music was by far not as good as the real Astral projection. What can be recommended from the newschool artists? Artha? Nova fractal? Artifact 2? I wont listen to Filteria because it is too busy for me, just as Khetzal. Goasia has some nice tracks, the older goasia at least, I don´t know about the latest Goasia.

NUMBER ONE

This compil by Zion 604 :

V/A - Phoenix

CD1 is remastered oldschol. CD2 is oldschoolish Goa made by contemporary artists.

A piece of it.

NUMBER TWO

Here is Proxeeus' Soundcloud. Check out his songs. Super oldschool, super acid, super super.

NUMBER THREE

Some oldschool artist are doing it again. And they rock like in the good old days :

Astral Projection

Elysium

Space Tribe

NUMBER FINAL FOUR

I'm also tempted to recommand (though they might not sound oldschool enough) you the slow Goa trance songs of E-Mantra :

_Mindfluid

_Dance of the Firefly

_Beyond the Boreas

Can anyone please recommend me some good newschool goa trance that sounds similar to oldschool goa trance and has high quality mixing and mastering? Lately I tried some Skarma because it is similar to Astral Projection, but I was very dissapointed by the soundquality. The mixing sounded bad and homemade, as if I had created the track and not even used mastering plug-ins. I was very dssapointed by Skarma, even the music was by far not as good as the real Astral projection. What can be recommended from the newschool artists? Artha? Nova fractal? Artifact 2? I wont listen to Filteria because it is too busy for me, just as Khetzal. Goasia has some nice tracks, the older goasia at least, I don´t know about the latest Goasia.

Did you ever bought the cd or downloads at full quality? I never saw you buying them... As for Skarma, he kicks ass big time, his melodic feeling is great imo. This weekend I was playing in Switzerland, and I was playing Hyphneone from him (on Hado Records) and Elad Afgin came immediately, this sounds like Astral in the good days, who is this? :P

As for other good new goa that is like old school: none. You are searching for something that does not exist. Or you are open minded and try new goa, or you better stay in the old school scene :P

Did you listen to Mindsphere? The album Patience for heaven is a must have (and it is a double CD so it's really worth the money)

I just checked it out and don´t like it at all. The tracks are mastered very loud and have very hard kickdrumss. That is an absolute no-go for me. Also the tracks are very fast and overcrowded, typical for newschool.

That one is very nice. Sounds like israeli goa trance, like Astral Projection or Guy zabbag. The melodies sound fresh and euphoric, however they are a bit one after another and that is a bit bad. The kickdrum could be a bit different since it is a typical nitzho kickdrum, but otherwise the track is great. I guess I picked the wrong tracks.

That one is very nice. Sounds like israeli goa trance, like Astral Projection or Guy zabbag. The melodies sound fresh and euphoric, however they are a bit one after another and that is a bit bad. The kickdrum could be a bit different since it is a typical nitzho kickdrum, but otherwise the track is great. I guess I picked the wrong tracks.

That's how it works. If you want to check out something new, you have to search first. Not just say "he is bad, I heard a bad track, I won't check out others". We call that generalisation. You have to search. and listen to ALL the stuff, so you have a clear idea of what kind of music X or Y made. After that, you can say again how bad it is :)

Is hard to find nowday good material from Goa trance.I respect all artists for their work, but i cant find the vibe of old school Goa trance.

For now i will overcome some groups and tracks: The best in recent years is 1)Artha (I m not afraid to call him new Hallucinogen!).

2)E-mantra(in some tracks like -Voyager II, -Neural vortex, -The entity.

3)Celestial Consciousness (and the new project Magic Science).

4)Imba for the track Sevilla in trance (real Goa vibe) and the remix for

Lunar Dawn-Blessings from Irij

5)Alienapia especially for -Estimate from standing crop

6)Morphic Resonance (new very good artist from Spain).

7)Merrow in some tracks

8)Uth (basically psychill artist but the -cosmic fusion is one of the best morning goa).

9)Khetzal (this guy should lower the bpm for best results).

10)J.I.S (for magnificent track -mind therapy).

11)and something from my country Radical Distortion(closer to M.F.G).

sorry sorry sorry i forgot Lectro Spektral Daze incredible sound with very good samples!

and one SURPRISE:

Not bad but it is a joke to the real Boris Blenn. Alone the rediculous string is enough to make the track much less great in sound as the original. Boris Blenn used the Uupiter 8000 or juno 106 to create the string. Therefore it sounds full and strong while the string in much less impressive and sounds cheap. The rest of the sounds are also not spectacular and the kickdrum is very annoying in my opinion. I don´t like such kickdrums at all. The track is nice but no comaprison to the original. Therefore Midsphere should call it cover and not remix. A remix is of equal quality as the original, a cover can be made by an amateaur aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

So i saw this POST, and thought i would share some of my favorite tracks with you all:)

Filteria - In The Heavens Eye

Astrancer - Tetragrammaton

InnerSpace - InnerSpace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9Qj8n_R7w

Artifact303 - Energy Waves -"Positive Mix"-

Khetzal - Bells Of Sarnath

Lost Buddha - Lost In A Crystal Sphere

Cyberion - Straight Forward

ENJOY :)