acid basslines in psy-trance today?

Martian Arts

Nice song! Question about the title of the song, did you purposely choose that name from that one video of the half naked guy dancing through the town? If it is, that is quite funny.

Yup, could not figure out a name for it as we decided to make something "different"...someone posted the classic clip again so we just called it that.

And cheers!

Any suggestions for recent tracks with TB-303 like basslines? I know they where done in some old Goa tracks, but wondering if anyone makes that kind of acid bass, today.

Pretty cool tune, Martian Arts !

I hate being "that guy" but maybe, if you're after acidy and/or distorted 303-ish sounding stuff, you could check some stuff I've been trying to make, I tend to add 303 lines whenever I can (I'm addicted :/), although in this case they're leads, not basslines, so that may not be what you're actually looking for. Still, acid :P

For example:

https://soundcloud.com/proxeeus/tyca-tyca

Or this one, may have more "bassy" stuff

https://soundcloud.com/proxeeus/out-of-this-world

(sorry about the audio quality & general processing, it blows very much, I know)

Guest antic

BTW, your tunes - though still sounding Nano-ey - really stand out in their lineup!

Is there an album in the pipeline, on actual CD?

Raja Ram's Stashbag 5 is going to be a CD release as well, it features "DJ Lucas, Loud, Perfect Stranger, Dick Trevor, Ajja, Martian Arts/Disco Hooligan, Faders (Offical), Audiotec, Outsiders, Avalon, SYBARITE, MAD MAXX, Audioform"

Album, no idea, I am not planning on making one...I guess when I get enough unsigned tunes that will constitute releasing one, I will.

Yes and yes, I was thinking about creating an old school vibe in the sense of acid lines and goa leads, but aimed to give the production, "modern" twists.

I still love 16th bass, I am just looking to get more inspiration from acid basslines as I love them as well. I loved the TB bass from the old Goa and Hardfloor, DAVE The Drummer, Liberator bros, era...and I missed it, so in it went.

Will check out the Cronomi release, cheers (Y)

Dragon Twins - The Acid Man off Cronomi Records. Such a nice old school acid vibe. Not much else. Was hoping Stashbag 5 would have an olds book vibe but if it's got Loud on it I'll pass. One of the most boring groups to be released in this scene. Yawn.

Dragon Twins - The Acid Man off Cronomi Records. Such a nice old school acid vibe. Not much else. Was hoping Stashbag 5 would have an olds book vibe but if it's got Loud on it I'll pass. One of the most boring groups to be released in this scene. Yawn.

You don't like Loud? Why is that? I don't find them to be boring at all. Funny how that works.

Look I can respect what they do from a technical point of view. They has talent & obviously ppl enjoy their work. I just find their sound boring. It doesn't not come forth to me. It's something that fades in to the background and doesn't focus my attention. And yes it's funny isn't it? I mean I loved for example Tantance 6 from the moment it was released but I remember back in '98 so many ppl I knew in the scene found it to be horrible noise and not psychedelic at all. Taste is so subjective, and what I find boring you find interesting. Maybe Loud live would convert like Space Tribe did back in the 90's. I cannot stand Space Tribes studio work but live he has nailed it all 20-30 times over the last nearly 2 decades for me.

I'll admit when I first listen to Loud, I was like, eh. But it grew on me (like most stuff do anyways). I'll have to admit that some of their stuff isn't the best but in general I adore most of their stuff, it just fits my groove and ears. Which is funny considering that I'm not the biggest fan of progressive psy stuff (or at least the generic stuff cuz there is some good stuff). Here's a link to some live stuff they have been exploring lately, with drums and adding guitars (not the biggest fan of guitars in psy stuff but eh whatever):

Not that you have to like them or anything, I always prefer giving folks a second chance.

I have some trouble getting into Space Tribe stuff, maybe because I just listened to his bad songs, but I didn't like it. Been meaning to look at his stuff again but keep forgetting.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty cool tune, Martian Arts !

I hate being "that guy" but maybe, if you're after acidy and/or distorted 303-ish sounding stuff, you could check some stuff I've been trying to make, I tend to add 303 lines whenever I can (I'm addicted :/), although in this case they're leads, not basslines, so that may not be what you're actually looking for. Still, acid :P

For example:

https://soundcloud.com/proxeeus/tyca-tyca

Or this one, may have more "bassy" stuff

https://soundcloud.com/proxeeus/out-of-this-world

(sorry about the audio quality & general processing, it blows very much, I know)

I like your acidic sound and I often listen to your songs on Soundcloud.

• Like 1