Annoying issues in computing (ie. First World Problems)

Veracohr

I get pretty irritated at certain things that happen when using a computer:

- Clicking the 'X' to close a browser tab, but it can take up to 15 seconds or so to actually close. This seems to happen when there's a lot of Flash or some other kind of script going on in the background. I don't know if it has anything to do with my old computer or not, but for fuck's sake why can't they code browsers to stop running that shit when you tell it to stop running!

- Kind of the same thing, but iTunes sometimes doesn't close when I tell it to. I Command-Q to quit it, go do something else for a while, then either I put my cursor back to the dock to go to some other program or it goes there accidentally, and I notice iTunes is still active.

I'm not a software writer so I don't know how all the multitude of processes work in modern PC operating systems, but common sense tells me that the main program must have various subroutines which it controls. And common sense tells me that if you initiate a "close program/routine" function, it should fucking do that!

Oh man do I hate Itunes with a passion. It's one of the reasons why I switched from apple products to my current andoid, so much easier to manage it (plus the fact that I can put an additional sd card is a good thing. Always need more and more music).

-My problem is that sometimes my phone messes around with my sdcard and I have to format it and put all of my 59 gb of music back on it. Plus I have to redo all the playlists since they get messed up. This has happened to me 3-4 times in the past 1-2 years I have had my phone. But I still love it.

- Clicking the 'X' to close a browser tab, but it can take up to 15 seconds or so to actually close. This seems to happen when there's a lot of Flash or some other kind of script going on in the background. I don't know if it has anything to do with my old computer or not, but for fuck's sake why can't they code browsers to stop running that shit when you tell it to stop running!

- Kind of the same thing, but iTunes sometimes doesn't close when I tell it to. I Command-Q to quit it, go do something else for a while, then either I put my cursor back to the dock to go to some other program or it goes there accidentally, and I notice iTunes is still active.

the first one i haven't had in a very long time now.

yes, my itunes does that too sometimes (it's still the best music player imho). but transmission is really bad in this respect. it often takes upwards of 5 minutes to quit...

what really drives me crazy lately, is logic's 32-bit AU bridge. when i click on an automation parameter there's either a 2 minute delay until i can do anything, or the AU bridge crashes (this means not only waiting for it to reload, but also to restart logic because it crashes again), or logic crashes and all progress is lost (of course it only does that when i haven't saved right before clicking on the automation thing)...

I hated itunes with a passion (on windows) and would never get another apple product as you always need to use itunes. No matter how many times I set it to not automatically load when I inserted a CD as I wanted to use a different player, it would still boot right up anyway. Even after I uninstalled it, I could still find bits of it on my computer and I had to manually remove all traces of it. Never again.