When's the last time you heard something new

Shpongled247

and exciting on a dancefloor?

Something that really grabbed you, surprised you even, and made you remember why you love parties, and trance in general?

I ask because this past year my experiences, musically, at almost everything apart from festivals has been basically mediocre at best.

I never thought i would see the day when my gf who i just introduced to the culture was more excited for a party than me,

but lately it is almost getting to that point. Just the same people playing the same "progressive" and full on over and over, and over!

Just so little actual psychedelic sounds being played, of course Zero goa, and I am just getting over it I think.

Am I just getting old? or more refined? hah..

I will go so far as to say that here in the USA, I have pretty much never been grabbed by any psytrance being DJ'd at a festival or anywhere else - unless it was an actual artist - The Tegma, Hux Flux, Logic Bomb, and Hallucinogen shows were great but other than that it tends to be that really aggressive/annoying/generic full-on sound, at least in the Los Angeles area..

and exciting on a dancefloor?

Something that really grabbed you, surprised you even, and made you remember why you love parties, and trance in general?

I ask because this past year my experiences, musically, at almost everything apart from festivals has been basically mediocre at best.

I never thought i would see the day when my gf who i just introduced to the culture was more excited for a party than me,

but lately it is almost getting to that point. Just the same people playing the same "progressive" and full on over and over, and over!

Just so little actual psychedelic sounds being played, of course Zero goa, and I am just getting over it I think.

Am I just getting old? or more refined? hah..

no, the scene for real psy and goa been dead in australia for over 10 years now u got.... full on...... chunk chunk..... or dub might go to sleep until its over step!

I was at a Suntrip party a few weeks ago and it was awesome. Not that I heard something really new, but it was great to hear classic stuff, Neogoa and all that on a dance floor. And people enjoyed it a lot! I think there's a demand for more parties in that vein, but sadly it's progressive over here most of the time. So on topic, I guess no.

One track that I just heard made me remember why I love the music and the good festivals so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Ux4Q_s71Q

I urge everyone to buy this comp...it's really great and the artwork is stellar!

• Like 1

I was at a Suntrip party a few weeks ago and it was awesome. Not that I heard something really new, but it was great to hear classic stuff, Neogoa and all that on a dance floor. And people enjoyed it a lot! I think there's a demand for more parties in that vein, but sadly it's progressive over here most of the time. So on topic, I guess no.

One track that I just heard made me remember why I love the music and the good festivals so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Ux4Q_s71Q

I urge everyone to buy this comp...it's really great and the artwork is stellar!

Another reason I cannot wait for Suntrip party in Belgium in April... Imagine hearing nothing but full on and progressive every weekend for...forever lol. Ughhhh.

It is going to be amazing to hear some melodies! :D

filteria's set at sun festival last summer, surprising and new especially when he played the tracks later to be released on the new album.

at parties? nothing for years...

I went to a lot of parties last year and am completely drawing a blank..

Hearing Spacey Koala was the newest style I heard. I dont like it though.

Dj Om Olak at one party played an old song which I NEVER thought I would hear at a party. this being Wizack Twizack - Ranger From the North. A track from the 2005 release VA-CTRL ALT DELETE. THE reason I bought that compilation years ago ;D

edit: Oh, I know! Psyncus Project which did a live performance and had goa style that reminded me of old. I caught a few bits here. at times the music was more experimental.