Oliver Lieb making... techtrance?

Lemmiwinks

hey there!

Sooo, Oliver Lieb just made a comeback (well, ok he was never really gone in the first place), anyway I was surprised by his new style, that reaked of the kind of techtrance that ruled the psy world in the early 2000s! I must admit that I didn't see that one coming...

So what do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ead0EoiQ0E

That track is banging. There is never enough Tech-Trance like this, looping and hypnotic, closer to Techno than Trance but with the energy of the latter. Oliver Lieb is great, and I can imagine this will get heavy rotation at the Berlin clubs, hopefully inspiring more stuff like it.

5:07 ! Hits the fan.

Listened to it and it indeed reminds of 2000's tech-trance tracks. But, IMO, it is much more techno than trance, it lacks some melody in its final 3 minutes, something you can hear in almost every trance-techno track. Anyway, it's a refined track, one I can see that can make Lieb tour in Japan, for instance. This sort of refinement is what the Japanese crowd appreciates. I would give it a 10. One of the best techno tracks I have heard in ages.

there's some really great hypnotic techno around at the moment. I thoroughly recommend Adam Beyer's Drumcode podcast as it supports the best kind of Techno!

This is brilliant, proper old skool Oliver Lieb stuff. Love it! He's never been away, just been making different styles.

Oh and hypnotic trance is making a comeback. Check out the latest JOOF recordings releases and next week's Airwave Remixes!