Is the LSD Remix by doof the direction he should have gone in sound?

radi6404

So when listening to Doof it is clear that his music is great and hypnotic, I like the dark and hard sound of it. But my question is, whether there shouldn`t have been an album with tracks, similar in sound to his LSD Remix. In my opinion the Doof remix of LSD sounds impressive and much different to his other tracks. It has a warm atmosphere and sounds very analog and old. It gives a similar atmosphere as the original LSD and Doof managed to find the right sounds to remix LSD. So I think one album with tracks like that would have been impressive. In goa trance history there are many great tracks, but very few have the wide and warm atmosphere of LSD, so why didn`t he produce such an album?

Also, do you think that there are too few tracks like LSD or not? I think there are too few tracks in that atmosphere, basically the remixes meet the style of LSD, which is really a shame. A few Green nuns tracks remind me a bit on LSD and some tracks on the dragonfly laben, in particular New moon by Ayahuasca for example. But the Doof remix of LSD has something very special to me.

As you said green nuns are kinda similar.

I love doof and it would be great to see more albums from him.

I believe him and Simon were friends which perhaps is one of the reason the remix of lsd turned out so well.

The part at 3 00 of the doof Remix is really impressive.

I didn't know there was a Doof remix until now. Just listened to it. Great remix, but still prefer the original mostly because it sounds more hypnotic and melancholic. The laser snare seems to have a longer tail in this one too.

Yes, the track is my opinion a timeless masterpeace in goa trance, despite it`s simplicity.

Some members responded with great answers in this thread, but is it possible that some more people post and add their replies here, or does noone else have an opinion on how Doof should evolved in style?

seems after the first album Doof was aiming for slower and more ambient vibes. It's About Time was great but much less dancefloor oriented, and these days he seems to be making singer-songwriter acoustic guitar music.

I never heard much of his Vatos Locos project, so can't comment on that.

my favourite work is when Doof and Posford were collaborating: Angelic Particles and Let's Turn On (the song) are some of my favourite tunes

some of the debut album is a tad cheesy by today's standards, but i will always enjoy listening to it through.

I didn`t know Angelic particles was a collaboration with doof, it doesn`t sound like that at all. Let`s turn on however sounds like Doof and the Godford can be distinguished aswell. The other Let´s turn on tracks are also very good, Double Dragons, Sunshine or Angelina. Concerming Let´s turn on I think the best version of it is on the Tantrance compilation, it sounds more powerful and has a different, darker sounding string.

I didnt know either it was a collab with posford :)

My favorite from Doof by far actually, is Youth of the galaxy. NOT the one found on Lets turn on. But instead the version found on Dragonfly - Voyage into trance.

Its very special to me.

the buildup is awesome, so adventurous and epic, feels like a revolution. Then the sample "time has come to demand your freedom" and epic acid climax

It is MUCH better than the version found on his album because on that version, there is no acid climax after the sample and buildup. Also on the dragonfly version; the climax feels like it lasts the entire track after that buildup and its also more acidic overall :) Really is alot better.

Check it out if you missed it :D

the VA - Dragonfly a voyage into trance is legendary btw just check out the tracklist :)

am i the only one that thinks that his lsd remix is one of doof's weaker works? i love his relaxed, trancy, groovy or epic acid tracks, but for me his lsd remix has none of those. it tends toward his heavier acid tracks, but is not nearly as epic as double dragons or the near to the divine remix and lacks the groove of angelina, youth of the galaxy or destination bom. i even find the acidline annoying from time to time; and that's something that happens rarely for me ;)