Boris Blenn - Berlin future lounge one of the best ambient albums of all time

radi6404

I am jsut listening to this and the melnnchony and the complexity is really impressive and beautiful. Shame it is not talked about this masterpeace, but it is just impressive. It is not on youtube so you have to download it and than decide whether to buy, but the decision will be fallen after one listen, it is so complex, on some tracks you can't gather the main rythm, they have so many key changes. check it out, in style it is just like electric universe, he has not changed soundwise at all

My discogs review for Berlin future lounge:

http://www.discogs.com/Boris-Blenn-Berlin-Future-Lounge/release/3760444

what an album. this is if you are really looking for something deep, melanchoic and wide. This is one of the best and most complex ambient albums I have ever heart and Boris evolved here into another level. He has put elements of the first electric universe releases here and the tracks are so hypnotic and melanchoic, that it is like you are being reborn or being inside of the stomach of your mother. this is such a challenging and moving music that I would even not recommend it to very young children, since the music is so driving and clean in sound they might get affraid.

This is the peak of psychedelic and melanchoic musicand has the deep strengh of trcks like Alien Encounter Part 1, Stardiver or all the Galaxy tracks, just that the production is cleaner and you get touch Boris Blenn's music even better.

I wont describ each of the tracks, since they are all mindblowing, the most outstanding are probably Kosmonaut, concorde, Northem and sunshine, which might be the peak of psychedelic music.

For anyone who loves Boris Blenn and who wants to get a serious psychedelic journey this is the album to buy, it is as if electric universe was never gone, welcome back in 1995, but this time it is more downtempo alike.

You had me excited... then I listened to the samples. I can't get into that style music like I can actual ambient music or some chillout and space dreams music. slow, long drawn out atmosphere and trickles of notes in and out, here and there. Sometimes just one solid note for minutes on end. really spacey music. this is a groovey experience for a shop to sit back and drink coffee with. cool, but it doesn't jive with my mind. I'll vote with my wallet and pass.

It is a bit difficult to listen because of the intensity. It is not fast music so it is not for every day listening I agree. But when you are in the mood for something melanchoic, it is great and intelligent music in my opinion.

I'm glad you enjoy it for sure 8) I do like slower music when Im in a melancholic mood. lounge music isn't for me. it has this disco feel for me. the mental music I like for a slower mood is ambient or certain space music which is much more minimal. or good examples could be slower tracks on old Electric Universe albums. busier than some ambient but they get the job done.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic shows how much interest people here aktually have in new releases. No one bothers to even look at this. This is a brillinat album and has some of the best melodies of all psyhcedelic ambient albums I have ever heart. So why does no one fucking post some commends about it. Is it because I posted it and now you have something against Boris Blenn or what? But int he end why do I bother, the only ones who lose are those who ignore this thread.

i have listened to some of that album a few years ago and found it mediocre at best. i tried again just now, but that didn't change my opinion. besides i don't find it overly psychedelic at all. the only thing this has in common with psytrance is the name boris blenn. for jazzy, loungy music (which i'm not that much into btw) i go to the (imho) masters of the genre like saint germain or tosca; and if it tends more towards dub instead like thievery corporation, zenzile or dubblestandard im all for it.

but anyway, have fun listening to that album if you like such music. but why not check out other artists too? boris was a master at acidic, monotonous goa trance and melodic, goa-influenced fullon, but imho this genre isn't his strength.

i have listened to some of that album a few years ago and found it mediocre at best. i tried again just now, but that didn't change my opinion. besides i don't find it overly psychedelic at all. the only thing this has in common with psytrance is the name boris blenn. for jazzy, loungy music (which i'm not that much into btw) i go to the (imho) masters of the genre like saint germain or tosca; and if it tends more towards dub instead like thievery corporation, zenzile or dubblestandard im all for it.

but anyway, have fun listening to that album if you like such music. but why not check out other artists too? boris was a master at acidic, monotonous goa trance and melodic, goa-influenced fullon, but imho this genre isn't his strength.

Maybe you don`t love the production quality of that album which sounds very odd to me aswell. It is recorded loud and somehow not as soft in sound as older stuff by Boris Blenn which I noticed aswell and don`t like it at all. Musically it is great iny my opinion, but I wished the prodution would be much different.

This topic shows how much interest people here aktually have in new releases. No one bothers to even look at this. This is a brillinat album and has some of the best melodies of all psyhcedelic ambient albums I have ever heart. So why does no one fucking post some commends about it. Is it because I posted it and now you have something against Boris Blenn or what? But int he end why do I bother, the only ones who lose are those who ignore this thread.

live and let live