The LINK topic

Procyon

This is the LINK topic. You can link anything you want that you think it's relevant to your world and possibly to Psynews people. The intention is to share what happens in your world that other members woudn't know, either because it's a local news or because it's obscure. Comments are ok, this is the intention of this topic.

What you can't post here: senseless youtube videos, animations without a message that matters, things that are meaningless. In other words: let's be serious!

Please post an explanation before the link, so the busy people can have an idea of what it is all about before opening it.

Hope this is ok with Mods ;)

Read about it in todays newspaper. Very sad news indeed.. R.I.P, all the relatives crying for their lost ones, extremely sad scenes. Fire caused due to the bands pyro performance.??

Yes, unbelievable as it is. A club with capacity for 650 people had more than 1,500 inside, with foam insulation and - I can't believe in this day and age - pyrotechnics work inside. A tragedy that could be avoided, like most fires. RIP. I believe in karma, the only explanation why God would let 231 young people die in such an horrendous way.

As I am 1/4 Japanese, this sort of news is quite ridiculous to my Western point of view, but understable as well if I think like a Japanese. AKB48 is one of the worst things musically ever, but it's a multi-billion phenomenon in Japan and neighborhood. IMO, all Japanese are bipolars, the only explanation for a behavior like this. It is a headline in all Japanese papers, sites, etc...

Briefing: she is part of a 90 plus girl-band, they can't date, they can't have sex or else, they face punishments by their producers and their fans. Ridiculous.

Ps. Most comments in the article are by expats living in - or deeply related to - Japan.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/akb48-singer-shaves-her-head-as-act-of-contrition-for-dating

alone the fact, that there is a girl group with more than 90 members is interesting.

as a westener, it just seems wierd, but if you didn't tell me which coutry this happened in, japan would be one of my first choices. to me the rule just seems arbitrary, coming from maybe conservatism or commercial interests, but neither seem to quite fit. i guess you have to be born there or have some family background to understand japan (what finland is to europe, japan seems to be to asia; and they both even make equally weird but good psy ;) ).

it must be cool to have two different cultural views. having a half-japanese acquaintance tells you much less about japanese culture than about racism in your own country.

• 3 weeks later...

Cant find official source, but there was supposedly meteor as big as the one in Russia flying over USA:

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/2013/02/california-usa-meteor-15feb2013.html

I believe that original information that I read first was at some official/semi official stargazer page, popular one, cant locate it atm, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

A Christian argues for gay marriage: link

To a certain point, a very open-minded man. He may be in love with another man, I think. One thing he wrote I agree with, in my words: just like there are hetero couples that can shock, same-sex couples can do it too. But there are ladies and gentlemen, even if they're in a few number nowadays. And I know lady-lady and gentleman-gentleman couples that are as discreet, respectful and nice like a lady-gentleman couple. Problem is that these quiet couples are under the radar, given their discreet way of loving, while the lousy same-sex couples are easier to notice. So, it's a problem of point of view. Just don't put everybody in the same basket.

He used the Bible to score his points. Others use psychology, freedom of act, sexual revolution as arguments. I am ok with that, as long as there're respect for everybody involved.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...