who have you seen live?

Guest neurogen

Guest neurogen

only big acts (famous - i.e everyone in the scene knows of them) count, otherwise the list would be too great.. [ TRANCE ACTS ONLY ]

Also, how many times did you see them.

from 2001 - 2006 ive seen

1. infected mushroom - 4 times (excellent live. first time i saw them was in 2001, so that one was the best, they played live version of psycho (amongst others ofc) and it was amazing)

2. hallucinogen - 2 times (<- tied with talamasca the best live act ever)

3. talamasca - 1 time (<- the most awesome live show i ever seen/heard)

4. astral projection - 2 or 3 times really not sure.

5. x-dream - 2 times

6. etnica - 1 time (a disappointment, they only played music from that wierd age between the old and the new.)

7. shpongle - 1 time

8. man with no name - 1 time

9. cosma - 1 time (R.I.P)

10. SUN project - 1 time

and miscellanous artists on festivals of course..

cant remember more right now. ill probably add more later as my memory refreshes.

Its a pretty amazing track record of mine and i hold many many sweet memories that will never ever die. The only thing that saddens me greatly is I did loose all my flyers from all events. This will haunt me in eternity.

Cool topic! I have seen live:

- Zen Mechanics (1x)

- Sonic Species (2x)

- Ital (2x)

- Headroom (1x)

- Dickster (1x)

- U-recken (1x)

- Total Eclipse (1x)

- Patchbay (1x)

- Shane Gobi (1x)

- Chromatone (1x)

- Sensient (1x)

- Koxbox (1x)

- Cathar (1x)

And some others, but can't remember all.

Guest neurogen

prog4all, who are those artists? i have never heard of any of them, except 3 in that list. curious to know who they are. Local in your country perhaps?

Coloour dots -

Wow I can imagine that was epic. Did he do live sequencing aswell?

Simon Posford is the best live act, he does EVERYTHING live. Everything you hear at his live session is unique to that live session.

edited the OP a little bit to clarify.

Coloour dots -

Wow I can imagine that was epic. Did he do live sequencing aswell?

Nein, no sequencer, he knock at the door trying to sell some life insurances..... :)

Simon Posford is the best live act, he does EVERYTHING live. Everything you hear at his live session is unique to that live session.

He used to run some backing tracks and lift mutes on the mixer. At least he explains that in the Twisted DVD and some other interviews. I also have seem him doing some tweaking on a SH101 live, so probably his live consist on a mix of both things.

Guest neurogen

Nein, no sequencer, he knock at the door trying to sell some life insurances..... :)

He used to run some backing tracks and lift mutes on the mixer. At least he explains that in the Twisted DVD and some other interviews. I also have seem him doing some tweaking on a SH101 live, so probably his live consist on a mix of both things.

didnt get what u meant about life insurance.

regarding simon, at one of his shows, at one point he had the groove from The loin sleeps tonight on for about 15 minutes and put in medleys from many other tracks over that groove.

The set continued in this fashion.

it was not just muting and unmuting tracks, trust me.

but maybe he did that once too.

I see, you refered to Oforia, not to Elvis..... :unsure:

That live was long ago, when people still had crt monitors and loads of synths on stage. I remember some live shows with pauses between songs (or long pads bridges) to load the new projects.

If you mean writing the sequences live, I guess he did not, but sequenced the synths from the computer..... And tweaking, lots of it..... ^_^ !!!

Guest neurogen

I see, you refered to Oforia, not to Elvis..... :unsure:

That live was long ago, when people still had crt monitors and loads of synths on stage. I remember some live shows with pauses between songs (or long pads bridges) to load the new projects.

If you mean writing the sequences live, I guess he did not, but sequenced the synths from the computer..... And tweaking, lots of it..... ^_^ !!!

i mean he sequenced pre-configured tracks live. mixing it along as he felt appropriate, etc.

yeah, i dont mean he actually WROTE new tracks live on stage.

the basics were of course "mute/unmute" but still it creates a very nice live feeling.

and yes. tons of tweaking!

As far as uptempo is concerned I have seen MFG, Jaia, Jikooha, RA, Antares/Daimon (twice) and Space Elves live... Also seen an old-school djset by Tsuyoshi Suzuki and an Etnica/Pleiadians Old School set by Mauri... Downtempo I have seen Cell, Solar Fields and Asura Live ^^

It's really hard to remember, the easiest ones for me are the ones I saw at festivals and the recent ones :wacko: , I missed a bunch for sure, maybe they will pop up later on :unsure: and the old times.. I remember nothing <_<

Derango x2 ('05, 11)

Jahbo (many times)

Penta ('11)

Filteria ('05)

Hallucinogen x4

Shpongle live x1

Shpongle DJ x2

Younger Brother x2 (05','10) last one I left from quickly though :S

Man With No Name x2

Logic Bomb x2 ('00, '11)

Gus Till ('11)

Sentient x2

Infected Mushroom x2 ('00, '01)

Astral Projection ('98)

Talamasca ('05)

Parasense ('05)

Solar Fields x2 ('10,'11)

Aes Dana x2 ('10, '11)

HUVA Network ('10,'11)

Asura ('10)

Cell x2 ('10, '11)

Entheogenic ('11)

Carcon Based Lifeforms x2 ('10,'11)

Extrawelt x2 ('10, '11)

Vibrasphere ('10)

Ott x3 ('05, '10, 11)

Biosphere ('10)

Pleiadians ('10) horrible!

Eat Static ('10,'11)

Atriohm ('10)

Green Nuns Of The Revolution ('10)

Union Jack (

Xenomorph ('10)

prog4all, who are those artists? i have never heard of any of them, except 3 in that list. curious to know who they are. Local in your country perhaps?

Yes, most of them are full on and progressive. Not all of them are really well known. Hardly any oldskool goatrance artist. I hope to go to Ozora, Vuuv or Boom some time and hear some amazing sets.

Yes, most of them are full on and progressive. Not all of them are really well known. Hardly any oldskool goatrance artist. I hope to go to Ozora, Vuuv or Boom some time and hear some amazing sets.

Almost all of them are well-known and famous. It is just that they don't make news here in Psytrance.

regarding simon, at one of his shows, at one point he had the groove from The loin sleeps tonight on for about 15 minutes and put in medleys from many other tracks over that groove.

The set continued in this fashion.

it was not just muting and unmuting tracks, trust me.

but maybe he did that once too.

I hate to burst your bubble but most of the Hallucinogen live sets I've seen since 2000 have been 24-track multitrack playback (from a hardware multitrack) mixed live on stage with added FX processing and live SH101/MS10 tweaking. There's a lot of muting and unmuting of pre-prepared material going on in this kind of setup, believe me. He does not 'do EVERYTHING live'. He's started using a laptop for playback now rather than the hardware so I'm not exactly sure how he's changed his workflow but I think it highly likely that he's not moved too far from what was working so well for him before; if anyone has hard info rather than speculation I'd be interested to hear it.

Shpongle live sets include a varying amount of pre-prepared playback to support the live elements. Or is that really the sound of a Shponglehorn?

Guest neurogen

I hate to burst your bubble but most of the Hallucinogen live sets I've seen since 2000 have been 24-track multitrack playback (from a hardware multitrack) mixed live on stage with added FX processing and live SH101/MS10 tweaking. There's a lot of muting and unmuting of pre-prepared material going on in this kind of setup, believe me. He does not 'do EVERYTHING live'. He's started using a laptop for playback now rather than the hardware so I'm not exactly sure how he's changed his workflow but I think it highly likely that he's not moved too far from what was working so well for him before; if anyone has hard info rather than speculation I'd be interested to hear it.

Shpongle live sets include a varying amount of pre-prepared playback to support the live elements. Or is that really the sound of a Shponglehorn?

you did not burst any bubble, dont worry. all that you said, im fully aware of.

What I meant "doing everything live" was exactly what you stated. Which is AHELLOFALOT more than just pushing PLAY like ap.

I am not that stupid to think he has 8 arms and can play and do everything live. You sir, just insulted my intelligence greatly.

you did not burst any bubble, dont worry. all that you said, im fully aware of.

What I meant "doing everything live" was exactly what you stated.

I am not that stupid to think he has 8 arms and can play and do everything live. You sir, just insulted my intelligence greatly.

If I were you, I would hit the nearest bar, have a double whisky and start all over again. :lol:

But, there's no need to feel insulted. Nice that OOOD, oodly :D , shed some light on the subject, from an artist's point of view.