The KLF - What Time Is Love? (Imba remix)

Imba

Hello lads!

2 hours ago i started to work on this, so far solid 4 minutes imo. Here is demo:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8584144/the%20klf%20-%20what%20time%20is%20love%20%28imba%20remix%29.mp3

I didn't plug nothing onto mixer is it wont sound best. Intro need more works too and i must make outro soon. I am just happy to show you.

Opinions are welcome!

PS. For those who do not know this is actually first officialy released goa track back in 1988. Please to work on very first roots of goa :D

Enjoy

I must admit that when I first read the topic title I said to myself: Oh no! another great classic track got ruined :P

But after listening to the whole track, I see this is a good remix, it keeps intact the original essence yet it gives the track a new breath.

Just out of curiosity: where did you see that it officially was the first goa track? AFAIK, there's no agreement - even among the really old trancers like Gil, Mondo, Raja, just to mention a few - on when the first goa track really came out. In IT there's a huge thread with some tracks dating back to 1984. Sorry for my being picky, but I have been in the electronic scene since acid house and in my books, KLF never was mentioned before as a "goa related band". But, living and learning, I would like to learn from you.

Few years ago i found a lot topics, sites, revies about track that is 'first officialy released goa track'. Like its roots of Goa. Something like that...

I must admit that when I first read the topic title I said to myself: Oh no! another great classic track got ruined :P

But after listening to the whole track, I see this is a good remix, it keeps intact the original essence yet it gives the track a new breath.

Glad you like. With around 3 hours in FL i am more than happy with results. I must say that this is my first track i done solo, all other tunes were VS projects or with mates in Space Elves. I breached to next level :D

Maybe once i decide to change something in remix or just mix but nothing for now... I think i will remix Biocandy soon, im not sure :)

Here i found some links:

http://psychedelic_t...story_part2.htm - at the start

And on serbian wiki for psy trance:

http://sr.wikipedia....%B5%D0%BD%D1%81

You won't understand "Вероватно прва комерцијално издата гоа тренс трака је настала 1988. и везује се за извођача KLF, а трака се звала "What Time Is Love".", but on english is:

"Probably first commercial/official released goa trance track created in 1988. is related to the artist KLF, and track name was called "What Time Is Love"."

Nothing for sure, but on many places i saw that this is first official goa or proto-goa track.

but I have been in the electronic scene since acid house and in my books, KLF never was mentioned before as a "goa related band".

I've seen What Time is Love described as early Goa trance or a heavy influence thereon before, probably on this forum. I'm not in a position to find links right now though.

Yes, I saw some threads talking about KLF's WTL? and TS tracks as "early goa", but I have also read that Goa elements can be traced back to Tangerine Drum, Janis Joplin, Brian Eno, Psychedelic Furs - go figure. It's very subjective. To me, Goa is associated with Phuture Trax and a little bit earlier. What really caught my attention is the "official" stamp the KLF track got. It is completely in disaccordance with my library, talks, parties and festivals I went.

KLF's tune indeed got a lot of goa trance elements but I can't consider it as a first goa trance tune just because the fact that there are melodies and atmospheres which can be found in goa trance aswell. In my book compilation and material from Project II Trance released by Dragonfly in '93 is some sort of first 100% goa trance stuff released.

However, this remix isn't my cup of tea, I do enjoy orginal however.

Cheers

Well, the way I see it, I actually helped you: your topic got much more attention when I started bitching about KLF. Wanna better free advertisment than when people start beaking each other about your product? :lol:

You may retribute me when you get famous and share some $$$ with me. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I decided to reremix it and i done it, fixed some parts plus put some 10 new layers:

Or on the LINK

I keep older version online too that you can compare and give some opinions :)

PS. There is little problem with EQ on bass, i will fix that :)