Persistent Aura - Grand Julian

RELEASED! BUY IT @ BEATSPACE or PSYSHOP Posted Image ...

Posted Image

Sita Records finishes off summer with another top-notch release by one of its prominent label artists, Persistent Aura's debut album "Grand Julian". Throughout time Ewoud Vandenberghen alias Persistent Aura developed his own very distinguished and amazingly playful style of Psychedelic Trance, which gave him the opportunity to feature his music on numerous parties and festivals in Belgium as well as a bunch of renowned Newschool Goa labels. "Grand Julian" presents the latest fruit of his artistic labour: 9 carefully-crafted tracks, balancing on the edge between Goa and Nitzhonot ready to tie their web of hyperfast fractalmelodies and hypnotizing sounds around your mind! An obligatory buy for all lovers of Newschool Goa and Nitzhogoa!

Tracklist:

1. Persistent Aura feat. Räma - Creative Processing Unit

2. Persistent Aura - Attractor

3. Persistent Aura - Colliding Galaxies

4. Persistent Aura - Concrescence

5. Persistent Aura feat. Agneton - Iztam-Yeh

6. Persistent Aura - Hypnosis

7. Persistent Aura - Whitehead's Ontology

8. Persistent Aura - Figs Past Easter

9. Persistent Aura - Hurricane

Great news! I've noticed that these nitzo oriented goa melodies are so intense and fun compared to typical new school goa melodies. They even feel a little more old school oriented because they don't hold back. It's great to have this variety and samples sound friking awesome! Especially Attractor, holy shit. :o

• 1 month later...

First of all, let me say that I enjoyed the promotional video and the samples. It sounds like a great album.

However, having said that, I still don’t understand why an album like this is only available in a CD format. I’m not trying to single out PA. This is a common approach for many producers, and PA’s album is only one of many possible examples. I just don’t understand the refusal to make a new album simultaneously available as a digital download via Bandcamp or whatever, especially when CD sales are most likely a breakeven proposition at best.

Personally, I have no interest in plastic (or shipping delays), and if I can’t easily obtain a legal download for a new release (when my interest level is high) I’m willing to consider other alternatives. Wouldn’t PA or other producers be better served by capturing some of this potential revenue?

I just don’t get it.

However, I do extend best wishes to PA on the success of his new album.

Bro, hold ur horses there! This CD WILL be legally downloadable, just like all our other Sita Rec releases...

You can see it for yourself here for both Goalien and Protozoa.

Beatspace always waits a few weeks before making these albums available for download, so check back in a few weeks. If u promise to buy it then, u can download it illegally for now somewhere already x)...I already saw some links on the net :P.

Thanks for ur support btw! Very much appreciated...

• 1 month later...

I just don’t understand the refusal to make a new album simultaneously available as a digital download via Bandcamp or whatever, especially when CD sales are most likely a breakeven proposition at best.

http://beatspacesita.bandcamp.com/album/persistent-aura-grand-julian

Your wish has been fulfilled! Digital downloads available now! :)

• 10 months later...

I like it in small doses, but there is just no let up in the bombardment of O.T.T. melodies, the tracks have no space to breathe. Gets a bit wearing after a while, same as Goalien's album,( IMHO, obviously!).

Guess I'm not a big fan of the Nitzho style. :unsure:

hey guys! post ur comments in the review section if U'd like, and thanks for checking out! Personally I really love his style, it's an album that grew on me, but imho you should have checked him playing on the dancefloor to fully comprehend the impact of his music...I've never ever seen a dancefloor NOT going wild on his sets. Never!