• Blue Planet Corporation
    • Transwave
    • Jaia
    • Other

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say such song sound like a country or nation and such other song does not ?

Yes, he has probably a greek name (Kamarinos) but that doesn't necessary means he's greek.

I don't know how it happend in Greece, but in France, it's jus soli. If it is the same in Greece and if he's born in France, than he would be 100% french (Whenever his mother or father are greek or not). But since I dont know how it happend in Greece....

Because he sounds similar like other Greek artists, very similar I always thought Jaia is Greek because of the sound, it does not sound like Total eclipse or Transwave which do sound French to me and the Antidode. You recognise mostly from the sound where the artist has produced the track or where the project is from. Not all artists do it but many, the israelian artists are all recognisable, just as the UK and German artists and Jaia has a Greek touch in my ears.

in that era of goa/psy, it is true that each country mostly had it's own school with a very discrete and special sound.

so radi's point is true in a certain way.

yannis kamarinos is certainly a greek name/surname, his father was greek i guess.

Really depends because there sure are similarities in same countries, for example the morning sound typical from Sweden (Atmos...) but in the other way Miranda or Filteria sound nothing like it.

As for french sounds, I find it very diverse, Transwave, Jaia, Talamasca, Total eclipse, Toi doi, Blue planet corporation, sound different, they have their unique own style.

I would not tell Blue planet is Frensh, but even without knowing where they are from I would say Total Eclipse and Transwave and Talamasca sound Frensh in my opinion, especially Transwave, it sounds very Frensh in some tracks.

let me clarify it a bit :D :D

france melodic with psy rich textures (Transwave, Jaia, Talamasca, Total eclipse etc)

england more minimal-not in your face (in terms of melody), weird psychedelic (tristan, tip, hallucinogen, doof etc)

germany dark more techy psy (x dream, klopfgeister, mos, planet ben etc)

greece melodic nitz (psycho meditation, cyan, cherouvim etc)

scandinavian countries a bit like germany, but not so dark (botfb, logic bomb, hux flux, son kite etc)

israel melodic sum of melodic melodies :D :D :D (astral projection, mfg, chakra, tandu, california sunshine etc)

i know, i am such a beast of knowledge hahahahaha :P :P :P :P :P

Yay, I was gonna say it, if there's something you can say that sound like a country, it's Nitzhonot / Uplifiting. Uplifting is more often made by Greek Artist, so it does sound more Greek. Nitzhonot is mostly produce by Israelian guys, so it's more Israelian sound like.

Yes, you also recognise how the southern countreis play warmer music than the northern countries, Miranda is an exception but most northern countries` psy is not as melodic and is darker and much colder, Astral and MFG and basically all Israelian stuff is really warm, california sunshien for example and many more, bu the northern european goa is colder. Frensh is not as cold but it goes to the south a lot.

the northern european goa is colder.

Well I'm no Suomisound expert but what Finnish goa/psy I heard back in the '90s was incredibly silly and stupid and anything but cold and dark. I've heard people say that contemporary Suomisound is simply "too much".

Ofcourse it is, it is less euphoric and the atmsophere represents a colder atmosphere like it is in their countries. Take Ypsilon5, pretty cold compared to MFG - The Prophecy or California Sunshine. Even the german stuff is colder than Israel or Greek stuff or even Frensh stuff. Man with no name is warm music but not all of it, Israel music is very warm and emotional jsut like th country.

MFG & JORG - Pachubatinath is the peak of warm and sunny goa trance.

Guest D N H

I don't agree so much with the expressed views.

There are some elements in an artist's music that may have to do with nationality, region or climate, that's for sure.

But beyond this point it's not possible to recognize the country of origin of a group because the main factor is the influences an artist has.

The truth is that some circles of groups, mainly around a label, may have some similarities in sound.

The scene was global so the sounds and the inspiration were borderless. Plus the old artists were very original and creative.

Style ala -3D VISION-

Same as above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okiB6zfQtLQ PLEIADIANS Style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tnX-epFRg Greek/Israeli Style close to MFG imo

Also if his parents are Greek he is great aswell, which is why his music sounds somehow Greek in style. Another example of this is Etnica / Pleiadians, they ahve sounded italian to me in times idid not even have Internet and not knowing they are Italian at all. Alcione, Deep Frequencies and alien protein album all have an Italian touch for sure in my opinion.

Also if his parents are Greek he is great aswell, which is why his music sounds somehow Greek in style. Another example of this is Etnica / Pleiadians, they ahve sounded italian to me in times idid not even have Internet and not knowing they are Italian at all. Alcione, Deep Frequencies and alien protein album all have an Italian touch for sure in my opinion.

He's born in France, so he got french natonality because in France it's the jus soli that is applicated . Whatever his parent nationality are (I did a mistake in a previous message, sorry for that).

And infected_goa confirmed that jaia were 100% french.

He's born in France, so he got french natonality because in France it's the jus soli that is applicated . Whatever his parent nationality are (I did a mistake in a previous message, sorry for that).

let's be clear on this: before each track's composition, yannis ate his mother's MOUSAKA!!!

so his music is a greek inspiration after all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::D :D :D :D :D

He got a French nationality and he will mainly be influenced by that country, however he is Greek if his parents are Greek, I have both nationalities, Bulgarian and German, but I am a Bulgarian since I am borned by Bulgarian people. This is physically the fact, whether one lives more like a French or a Greek is his own choise, but he is Greek.

He could have produced music that sounds very French, similar to Total Eclipse or Transwave, but in my ear Jaia sounds very Greek and I thin he added influencies from Greek music he heart before. Folk music, Greek Goa Trance, uplifting, it does remind me of those genres of Greek music.

Of course, he probably has Greek influence, I never denied that ! However, from a political point, he's french. It's just what I wanted to say haha.

But you're probably right Radi, lot of his song sound a bit greek, due to the lot of melodies he includes, and due to how those melodies does sound.

It's just that for me, if there is anything that definitly sound greek, it is the Uplifting genre.