Very Intelligent Psychedelic trance

CyclotronMajesty

This track: Space Station by Panayota of the Psyonic Riot comp, I've noticed is very intelligent for his use of gestalt and sampling in the track. This guy uses some comic take (from some comedy take of star wars that I'm not familiar with) of the Star Wars trilogy in sampling to create a very effective innuendo of a group of stoners in the track. Not only recognizing the characters (if familiar with star wars) the samples create a very good juxtaposition of star wars - psy-trance, and a group of utterly stoned people in a comedic visual image that is very creative and intelligent and works perfect with psytrance. I'm impressed with his ability to use sampling and sound to imply a group of stoners by implication while juxtaposing it with star wars and making it funny in the track. Together with star wars, comedy and a group of stoners the gestalt of the combination results in genius creativity IMHO.

Posted Image

What tracks struck you as the work of utterly creative genius? Discuss.

It seems you mean tracks with a theme? Thats really hard to find in psy. Your post reminds me of Orbital's Snivilisation album but thats house. You could try Ubar Tmar - Macrometasomakosmos? I also feel Koxbox's Doktor Mesmer is a very intelligent track but intelligent due to the many layers and how they come together. If you like Doktor Mesmer, try Sound Pollution - Where.

IMO the most intelligent psytrack ever made is Pleiadians-Family Of Light.

Hmmm, you mean Hallucinogen - Twisted ??

No not just the way They layer the sounds... while that takes intelligence - this sort of work is kind of almost an accident. I wonder if Penyata really intended or was he just following his own creative impulses. nontheless the track is genious, because it is clever, and works on many levels at once but for the same purpsoe synergizing across scales.

Music does this in general and psy more so - but this particular track works exemplifies it.

That track seemed to be... reasonable... so many cheesy breakdown sounds going on constantly though :lol:. Could definitely be in the running for most rise up swishy sounds in a psy track.

There's quite a few tracks with themes... what about infected mushroom-release me... or psysex-come in peace?