Where do u submit promo tracks to Suntrip?

If I made a CD and sold it for non-profit on my own label would anyone buy it? :unsure:

no.. because after the last track i cant imagine it to be good enough.. :ph34r:

keep making tunes for a few years and then come back with a new demo.

Not trying to be an asshole here. Would you buy it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1

:lol:

You know when a movie is soo bad, that it actually becomes intertaining and funny? Your music is that movie :P Keep the humour in it and improve your mixing skills, thats my advice :)

:lol: I seriously can't stop laughing, this is even better than HNJO.... genious

:lol: +1 this is gold!

you know, for years I've been complaining that newschool just didn't sound as deep as oldschool did... now I understand why :) Honestly I'm not trying to diss you and massive respect to all newschool artists, I am just making an objective observation.

We're young yes, we also have this impossible standard of being compared to all the best music from 10 years ago...so i'm with you on that :) This is why I'm always more interested in people just flowing and making music they like rather than old is golding.

Having been doing this for a while now, I really don't think any hardware or software has anything to do with someone's skill as a producer, I'm not sure why people love to discuss this so much. The whole FL stigma has to do that its the cheapest DAW out there, very quick to learn, and most people start off learning it. Cubase, Logic etc can be so overwhelming that these newbies never even get around to finishing a track, so as a result you get more newbie things produced with FL out there.

Sound quality is a decent blend of how much you know what you're doing, coupled with how high quality the sound system you working with... the clearer you can hear things the finer you can tune them, since if you can't hear right how can you mix down right? The number one thing that will make you sound better is not what software you use but what you are using to playback your work. Worse sound quality comming from FL vs Cubase? Another stupid arguement. Hardware better than software? +1...has anyone dealt with a real studio full of wires, interference, and an inescapable -30db buzz/hum from all the lines... You spend more time loosing your patches on the synths and not knowing what fucked up than you do working on a track. Why do I stick with FL? The interface is very comfortable and very quick for tweaking large amounts of notes and automation which is so intensive in goa. Why do people who don't deal with this stuff feel like they have such strong opinions about it, get over it, its 2009, we've got really really cool software and people are gonna use it because it doesn't cost $1500 like a virus TI or something :)

bwhale...your track is pretty epic, but NHJO uses cubase, and about 70 hard synths, so imo...YOU SUCK :wank: :P

Why not using FL? Especially in Nu school goa there are tons of respected and talented names using this program...so...I don't see the problem?

Just to give a few examples...

Antares, Aerosis, Artifact303, New Born, The Grey Guy, Cosmic Silence, Amithaba Buddha/Pandemonium/Lost Buddha, Travma, me :P ...

WOW! Do you all guys use FL??

+ArmagedDance to the same list

+ Ra uses FL as a rewire setup on protools :)

Theres plenty more, I just haven't asked them personally.

So chill out about all that.

Its really cool too because it means we can remix and collaborate with eachother with ease! Its the funnest...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

you know, for years I've been complaining that newschool just didn't sound as deep as oldschool did

Although I make music with FL I agree on this point. But I think it has to do more with VSTs, Mastering etc.. Does it has to to anything with a Host?

And again, there must be many new school producers using Hosts other than FL today also. so where this point of blaming FL is valid?