Psyreviews is coming back!

murphythecat

Guest antic

But where does antic get the idea that he doesn't review certain albums because they're different than he expected? Did you know his expectations? Did you know the reason he didn't review them? Really?

That's not what I said - I meant that he reviews some releases (e.g. mentioned Cosmosis & Eat Static) based on his expectations and assumptions of how they should sound, rather than on the actual music. Which is understandable, but at the same time not fair - if a release is objectively and comparatively good, then he should say so, instead of bashing it for not being what he wanted it to be.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I said - I meant that he reviews some releases (e.g. mentioned Cosmosis & Eat Static) based on his expectations and assumptions of how they should sound, rather than on the actual music. Which is understandable, but at the same time not fair - if a release is objectively and comparatively good, then he should say so, instead of bashing it for not being what he wanted it to be.

Antic, you are too old and smart to take crap from anybody, but a man has responsibilities :rolleyes:

Objectively good releases do not exist. Not in psy trance, not in techno, not in heavy metal. Nowhere. I have come across doomed life forms who continuosly refuse to accept the overall beauty most of us see in certain releases labeled as classics, must listens, etc. So what? They did not find what they were looking for in music, hence they didn't like it. Subjective perception? Perhaps.

But you know all this, better than most I reckon... :ph34r:

Engrish prz?

check how are acting the lame reviewing pool here in the review section, all their official isratrance review are mentioned with link to the isratrance site, why don't they make it on all the psyboards ? If it's a promotion act , they should no ?

It seems Isratrance only wants to destroy the psynews review section , lame (especially when you know how low is the health of this scene)...

Guest antic

Objectively good releases do not exist. Not in psy trance, not in techno, not in heavy metal. Nowhere. I have come across doomed life forms who continuosly refuse to accept the overall beauty most of us see in certain releases labeled as classics, must listens, etc. So what? They did not find what they were looking for in music, hence they didn't like it. Subjective perception? Perhaps.

I hear ya. But then again if someone is trying to be serious in his reviews and make a sort of profession out of it, then he should see a bigger picture, to realise how what he writes can influence his readers' buying decisions etc. In that sense, it's unfair to criticise established artist for having released an album worse than his classic from the past, while praising a random, derivative "male, 22 Haifa" - producer type creation, which turned out to be better than he expected.

A person as experienced as Damion is easily able to tell quality from crap, even if he doesn't really like the former because it doesn't match his personal taste. But it also apparently requires some effort from him to evelate above the urge to make comedy out of everything...

:)

Psyreviews is a waste of time.

But I kinda think that about most review sites.

PsyON

If you can find someone with similar tastes to yourself then it's a great find