Stockholm

Goa-Head

I'll be in Stockholm for a week this Summer and wanted to know about any shops stocking psy-trance CD's, both used and new. With all Scandinavian artists we have I guess the scene is good there.

Any Stockholmers with clues ?

:clapping:

Well there is one at "Medborgarplatsen", you go underground in a little wall mart like place, with some restaurants and botiques. But it's expensive and they don't really ahve much, other than that I don't know. It's the only record shop there so you can't miss it. But maybe we could hook up for a smoke ^_^

I think the recordstore at Saturn Return has closed down... though I have to admit I have not been there since they closed down (how many years ago? 2?), maybe they've started something new. Milky Way Records was the place to be if you wanted Psy/Goa both on vinyl and CD.

So, yes, the recordstore at medborgarplatsen by the cinemas is the only place where you'll be sure to find psy/goa on CD. Though do beware of the prices which can reach 30 euros for a CD. Never have I seen a CD go for less than 20 euros.

Otherwise if you have the time check the 2nd hand stores, there's a lot of them in Stockholm. Though of course second hand means digging through loads of crap but that is a slightly minor problem for cratediggers like me. And they don't always have trance in stock...

Mosebacke Records (cd/vinyl) (subway: Slussen)

Snickars (only vinyl though), Mickes CD (cd/vinyl) (subway: Hornstull)

Subwaystation St. Eriksplan is also a good spot for recordstores

to name a few...

I think the recordstore at Saturn Return has closed down... though I have to admit I have not been there since they closed down (how many years ago? 2?), maybe they've started something new. Milky Way Records was the place to be if you wanted Psy/Goa both on vinyl and CD.

Saturn Return has closed down? awww...

Well, but Milky Way Rec. is in the same street anyway (Tyska Brinken), no?

I remember I got the psy CDs I brought home from Sweden from a store in Tyska Brinken, don't know anymore if it was the one or the other :D

I agree on Mosebacke Records.

Sometimes you can find some rare stuff there. Also on vinyl if its a good day.

The strange thing is that the guy in there he knows EVERYTHING. Ask for some obscure artist and he will tell if he has or not any records with the artist in question.

Saturn Return dont have so much cd's anymore. The guy who had the record shop down there closed it down i think it was 2 years ago because of bad sales. To bad i think, i liked to go down there once every month to get some new albums and have a chat about music and partys.

RTP: I think I was not too clear, there were three stores down in that basement... Saturn Return is for psychedelic clothing (still there), then there was a small room for tatoo piercing stuff (think they moved out?), and furthest back there was the record store, Milky Way Records which is no more...

RTP: I think I was not too clear, there were three stores down in that basement... Saturn Return is for psychedelic clothing (still there), then there was a small room for tatoo piercing stuff (think they moved out?), and furthest back there was the record store, Milky Way Records which is no more...

ah, I see now ... so the record store within Saturn Return was Milky Way Rec ... got my CDs from there.

and they closed down?

what a pity :(

RTP

Yes nowadays in stockholm the only places to buy psy records is the 2nd hand stores.

I dont give so much for the store between the cinemas in Medborgarplatsen.

I blame most people in the psyscene of stockholm for that. Instead of supporting the music people spend money on clubwear instead. It is even rare that dj's play original cd's or even buy cd's.

The scene in Sweden is pretty bad for the moment if you dont enjoy fullon-partys.

The goatrance-scene is dead. People are talking about how much they love goatrance but when you pull out a party there is allways a fullonparty the same night and they attract more people. We got a lot producers and dj's who love the music but no partys and if there is goa played at a party it is allways the last hour.

The forest and darkpsy scene is a little bit more alive but we are not many who come to the partys. The forest scene is really like we all know each other and we have a very familiar vibe on the smaller forestpartys for psyfreaks.

If you visit Stockholm and Sweden just ignore the fullonpartys and look for the real forestdeal.

• 1 month later...

Going there in 2 weeks time. Any other suggestions ?

I suggest you focus on the swedish girls instead, i promise you there isnt often one see any good goa cds in the above mentioned stores, because the few goa hardcore cd collectors we have here probably pays the dude in the store to call them whenever they get some rare cds (probably Danet) ;) . Space records at Medborgarplatsen is way to expensive to make any good deals, and the dude who works at mosebacke records is totally weird. I was there this week all he had was distance to goa 3.. In sweden if you want to buy cheap ass goa trance CD collections check out the site tradera(Swedish auction site owned by ebay).

Any suggestions on where to tap into the Swedish psytrance scene? Party info and that sort of thing? I have a friend visiting a farm in Uppsala right now and she has not found too much so far... would be nice to get some advice :) if there's anything to find, that is...

The scene in Sweden is pretty bad for the moment if you dont enjoy fullon-partys.

The goatrance-scene is dead. People are talking about how much they love goatrance but when you pull out a party there is allways a fullonparty the same night and they attract more people. We got a lot producers and dj's who love the music but no partys and if there is goa played at a party it is allways the last hour.

what about Göteborg?

most good scando artists I know come from there...

is it dead there too?

Any suggestions on where to tap into the Swedish psytrance scene? Party info and that sort of thing? I have a friend visiting a farm in Uppsala right now and she has not found too much so far... would be nice to get some advice :) if there's anything to find, that is...

register at www.badboll.nu most the psypartys come up there.

we also got some underground stuff going on where info is sended by email lists and private invitations. those are the best one with best people.