Some thoughts on people and music

TheJoker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :drama: :lol: :lol:

@ murphythecat

When I first read through this thread and I came to your first post, I had a sort of awe of respect towards your words and understanding of music.

Now your loosing it and making yourself look sort of nuts :ph34r: Chill-Out and smile at what seems to be Buzz's ,,ignorant" music taste.

Stop crapping your pants, enjoy your music and swallow your pride. - But hey, might be your just pissing the piss for fun. Or your high as fuck.

*Someone please pass the salt? My popcorn needs salt.

I find Coldplay to be an excellent band. Mainstream shmainstream, it don't matta. I'm tired of having an elitist attitude about music. I'm sure my taste is unsophisticated and artless to others, but hell, there is good music everywhere. Even the crappiest songs will have a 5 sec portion of sweetness that you wish would just last longer (think 80's music ;)). I think that 's why a lot of remixes are made - taking the goods (according to one's taste), excising the crap, and adding new, tastier ingredients plus 25% less fat!

:lol: :lol: :drama: :lol: :lol:

@ murphythecat

When I first read through this thread and I came to your first post, I had a sort of awe of respect towards your words and understanding of music.

Now your loosing it and making yourself look sort of nuts :ph34r: Chill-Out and smile at what seems to be Buzz's ,,ignorant" music taste.

Hey!!! :angry::P

Stop crapping your pants, enjoy your music and swallow your pride. - But hey, might be your just pissing the piss for fun. Or your high as fuck.

:lol:

I find Coldplay to be an excellent band. Mainstream shmainstream, it don't matta. I'm tired of having an elitist attitude about music. I'm sure my taste is unsophisticated and artless to others, but hell, there is good music everywhere. Even the crappiest songs will have a 5 sec portion of sweetness that you wish would just last longer (think 80's music ;)). I think that 's why a lot of remixes are made - taking the goods (according to one's taste), excising the crap, and adding new, tastier ingredients plus 25% less fat!

YES, thanks for the backup Symph :P Hehe

Sometimes you just need to listen to something a little more simple, and yes, Coldplays lyrics maybe aren't the most meaningful and his voice isn't perfect either, but there's just something magical about them IMO.. Radiohead maybe are better singers, songwriters, musicians seen from a technical perspective, but they don't hit me in the same spot as Coldplay does... I know, mainstream britpop but who cares when it sound as good as it does ;)

Well, I don't like Coldplay ... but I acknowledge it when people are into it. What do I know. My musical territory has shifted greatly compared to what I was into 8 years ago, so I know I better stop bitching about stuff because in the end I might end up liking what I bitched about and having a weird feeling of stupid-ness (as it's my case with metal, hehe).

And you can't educate people to like electronic music. First it won't work and second it would just be wrong, you'll come across as an intolerant idiot. Granted, it's difficult to find people into our specific kind of music, but when you want to be in the underground and flee the mainstream that's the price you gotta pay for it! Or would you prefer if psy was mainstream? Some movements in that direction are greatly disliked by many among us ... and by me too.

I have maybe one friend who's into psy and into the stuff I like. The rest are tolerant folks who respect my taste, but don't want that I play it to them ... and that's how it's okay for me. I don't wanna change that. If you are together with the right people it doesn't matter who's into what kind of music, you'll all have a great time!

Oh and at wahtever non-psy parties I go to or in bars I wouldn't want psy music anyway, it just doesn't fit there anyway, no matter if anybody liked it or not! There I like this more "popular" music with vocals ... while others "listen" to that (which they don't, because carefully listning with attention is something different), I can put it off as background noise. And voila, everybody is happy.

What I don't like or fully understand today, I might end up loving and understand tomorrow.

Well Buzz, it might be your taste is a tad ignorant -_- .. :ph34r:

.. the key for you is to ask; 'Compared to who, mottarfokker?' Then the person insulting you will have a hard time giving a good answer back,

because to compared to most your taste in music is far from ignorant.

the Zap

The Zap THe Zap The zap The Zap

the zap

The Zap?

Well Buzz, it might be your taste is a tad ignorant -_- .. :ph34r:

.. the key for you is to ask; 'Compared to who, mottarfokker?' Then the person insulting you will have a hard time giving a good answer back,

because to compared to most your taste in music is far from ignorant.

Yeah I know, it was a pretty stupid disgussion afterall :P

Bingo ;) You might like it though, hehe... Listen to the vocals/lyrics in beginning of track two :lol:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=53089

(If you make a quick notice, Murphythecat also started with his smartass comments there, saying my looks explain why I don't like the zap.... Don't know what he means though, I look pretty ganstarghh :lol::P Maybe i'm supposed to listen to 50 cent or something )

Yeah I know, it was a pretty stupid disgussion afterall :P

Super stOopid :D But yet you provided us with some popkorn glamour hehe

Bingo ;) You might like it though, hehe... Listen to the vocals/lyrics in beginning of track two :lol:

My Processor is hungry for 360 Volts. What is this, some electro love tune :huh:?

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=53089

(If you make a quick notice, Murphythecat also started with his smartass comments there, saying my looks explain why I don't like the zap.... Don't know what he means though, I look pretty ganstarghh :lol::P Maybe i'm supposed to listen to 50 cent or something )

Maybe he tot U were cute or smth and felt the need to diss U :lol: .. Besides, I've lived in CPH and you all have that look of Gangsta .. This is because the Danes have more built physics like the Vikings used to have. :P .. The Zap, to Zap someone is a funny word. To be Zapped, I zap you. SO this whole release seems to be in the ironical corner. Can't say I digg the music, no.. And the voice samples in most tracks, defo this is for fun and to Zap! someone with the music hehe

Maybe the zap would have some appeal if I heard the whole shit.

My Processor is hungry for 360 Volts. What is this, some electro love tune :huh:?

Maybe he tot U were cute or smth and felt the need to diss U :lol: .. Besides, I've lived in CPH and you all have that look of Gangsta .. This is because the Danes have more built physics like the Vikings used to have. :P .. The Zap, to Zap someone is a funny word. To be Zapped, I zap you. SO this whole release seems to be in the ironical corner. Can't say I digg the music, no.. And the voice samples in most tracks, defo this is for fun and to Zap! someone with the music hehe

Oh my Oh my !

cannot believe that you base your whole opinion on that release after hearded just one track...

I mean i've can give you the point about the vocal part in the 360 volt one(its really sound like a french house club hit!!)

You may have some other opinion if you get a serious listen to it.I especially recommend you the first track:Magic Toys and also the last one: One Forty Eight.

Then if you don't like it feel free to zap it !

Heh, yes and I have to admit i was having a little fun :P

Maybe he tot U were cute or smth and felt the need to diss U :lol: .. Besides, I've lived in CPH and you all have that look of Gangsta .. This is because the Danes have more built physics like the Vikings used to have. :P

Haha yeah, so true :) At least where im from

.. The Zap, to Zap someone is a funny word. To be Zapped, I zap you. SO this whole release seems to be in the ironical corner. Can't say I digg the music, no.. And the voice samples in most tracks, defo this is for fun and to Zap! someone with the music hehe

Wasn't aware of that expression.... Guess it must be humorous music then... I just can't hear it :) It's just boring and stupid to me (except track 6, wich is pretty fun :) )