What about a Suntrip dvd?

Ormion

I was watching the Twisted dvd again and I thought that a Suntrip dvd would be really cool.

And I'm not talking that much about some videos from a party, but interviews, studio tours etc.

Going behind the curtain and see where an artist is working or listening to a nice interview with him is something that I always like to watch. Plus there are not that much psy dvds of that kind.

What do you think?

DVD with 24-bit 96kHz audio! :posford:

:rolleyes: that's possible, isn't it? Producing video would be more time and cost consuming.

Why? All you need is a camera.

Do you think the Twisted dvd has anything better? Just a guy with a camera asking and the artist answering. :D

Why? All you need is a camera.

Do you think the Twisted dvd has anything better? Just a guy with a camera asking and the artist answering. :D

"Just a guy with a camera dvd" is an equivalent to "just a guy with a laptop, fruity loops and free vsts producing an album" quality-wise. DVD with the same quality as their releases needs professional work and that costs. It would be interesting, of course :) But YouTube would be ok for that. That's my opinion, of course. Haven't seen Twisted DVD.

DVD Audio 24-bit/96kHz on the other hand is easier to produce, because all you need are source files (afaik artists produce 24/96 tracks which are mastered and converted to 16/44.1 for audio cds, correct me if I'm wrong) and dvd pressing. With blu-ray hitting the market, dvds will get cheaper.

I'm wondering why nobody hasn't done this so far, Ultimae being the first on the list - imagine Solar Fields and Aes Dana with that sound quality flowing into your ears :ph34r: Being hit by pirates, they still can't fill the demand and have to re-press their releases... and mp3's would make even less sense with dvd audio.

Just my thoughts :)

You won't feel any impact of 24/96 audio quality versus 16/44.1. Unless you're that 1% of the population with superb hearing with a 10 mil$ sound system.. Even then I bet it's not much of a difference.

I'd much rather see a dvd with artist interviews + some live video footage, aswell as a tour and some interviews of the guys behind suntrip records.

lol... That would be great but...

- we don't have a decent camera

- I and Fabien have a daytime job which is sometimes killing me, more would be even more destroying (but ok, I can manage that :P)

- I think 10 people would buy :D

Party footage would be great as we have great atmosphere on the parties... but well, we need a GOOD camera at least :D

Also, I think it would only sell if there is a dvd about the new school rising in the world, but then you need at least 5 countries paricipating... no?

Just some thoughts :)

lol... That would be great but...

- we don't have a decent camera

- I and Fabien have a daytime job which is sometimes killing me, more would be even more destroying (but ok, I can manage that :P)

- I think 10 people would buy :D

Party footage would be great as we have great atmosphere on the parties... but well, we need a GOOD camera at least :D

Also, I think it would only sell if there is a dvd about the new school rising in the world, but then you need at least 5 countries paricipating... no?

Just some thoughts :)

Then how about a video section on the suntrip website with interviews or videos of live acts? Doesn't have to be one long movie, but just a few clips of each artist updated as neccesary and when new (video) material is out. :)

Doesn't have to be hosted on the site itself, could be embedded to youtube or DailyMotion (which is alot better in terms of resolution & quality).

Then how about a video section on the suntrip website with interviews or videos of live acts? Doesn't have to be one long movie, but just a few clips of each artist updated as neccesary and when new (video) material is out. :)

Doesn't have to be hosted on the site itself, could be embedded to youtube or DailyMotion (which is alot better in terms of resolution & quality).

That sounds more realistisch and possible for sure! :) We are actually working right now on the new site which will be up within 1-2 weeks, we can probably make such a place :)

That sounds more realistisch and possible for sure! :) We are actually working right now on the new site which will be up within 1-2 weeks, we can probably make such a place :)

Great! The site allways seemed kind of too minimalistic to me. There's not alot of information going on there. Glad it's going thru a redesign tho :)