SOLAR FIELDS - Movements

Melancholyman

YES! A new album is indeed coming out, let's pray santa will keep his promise this year <_< So any speculations of what this album will be like?! GREAT news none the less. I think I'll just wait a little longer killing myself, gotta hear this album out :)

Oh, Solar Fields Fields previous albums are also available for pre-order now..

Leaving Home Preorder

YES! A new album is indeed coming out, let's pray santa will keep his promise this year <_< So any speculations of what this album will be like?! GREAT news none the less. I think I'll just wait a little longer killing myself, gotta hear this album out :)

Oh, Solar Fields Fields previous albums are also available for pre-order now..

Leaving Home Preorder

Are u talking about the in-game score for that game Mirror's Edge? That's the only news I have heard, in case it's not where did u hear this, link?! ;)

ED: I think I can guess where u have some of the info from?!

His sixth opus is in the final conception process and is announced for an end of the year release.

I bet it will be shit!

Everything he does is a big bag of shite :wank:

:lol:

Magnus just seems to get better & better. My hopes are dangerously high for this album :unsure:

Yes, I try to keep my expectations on a realistic level. I'm sure the sound is more refined and he is trying some new stuff. I don't expect a new Leaving Home, and obviously there can not be another Leaving Home :) I still hope for some kind of jorney though, maybe not as majestic as aboved named album. But still a good jorney.

Are u talking about the in-game score for that game Mirror's Edge? That's the only news I have heard, in case it's not where did u hear this, link?! ;)

ED: I think I can guess where u have some of the info from?!

Yeah, it's from the Ultimae newsletter, samples should be up soon it says. I'll get back when it does.

Hearing the tracks he's made after Leaving Home:

Cosmik Chill - Red (CD) Small Little Green Cubes

Fahrenheit Project Part Six (CD, Dig) Levitate

Future Memories (CD, Comp) Jeezlh

Not to mention what we heard in the radio mix, and EarthShine itself... I've got my incredibly high expectations-hat well placed on my head.

:posford:

Not to mention what we heard in the radio mix, and EarthShine itself... I've got my incredibly high expectations-hat well placed on my head.

+ Ease Division 3 (CD, Comp) Feelings

:D

+ Ease Division 3 (CD, Comp) Feelings

:D

Yes well, these are singles, and we don't know if they would have anything to do with a complete album. I hope that nothing uptempo! will be figured, and that he saves that for a pure trance album as Earthshine. Though I would love to hear something to Jeezlh, Green Cubes and feelings. Though I do get the feel when listening to Green Cubes and Feelings, that they are just single tracks. Jeezlh could be an entry or middle to an ambient album imo.

Yes well, these are singles, and we don't know if they would have anything to do with a complete album. I hope that nothing uptempo! will be figured, and that he saves that for a pure trance album as Earthshine. Though I would love to hear something to Jeezlh, Green Cubes and feelings. Though I do get the feel when listening to Green Cubes and Feelings, that they are just single tracks. Jeezlh could be an entry or middle to an ambient album imo.

it's not uptempo

Coming soon - End of December 2008.

Audio samples and more, info soon online.

Expect some truly emotional high-tech electronic ambient...

It won't be uptempo, guys ... seriously, Magnus and Ultimae were promising that already before EarthShine got released! It'll be AMBIENT!

I only expected that album a little earlier ... because they were talking about it already for so long...

It won't be uptempo, guys ... seriously, Magnus and Ultimae were promising that already before EarthShine got released! It'll be AMBIENT!

I only expected that album a little earlier ... because they were talking about it already for so long...

Hopefully that means Magnus has been spending a lot of time making it perfect :posford:

Hopefully that means Magnus has been spending a lot of time making it perfect :posford:

Didn't he compile Ease Division 3 (still don't own it :P ) and you were not quite blown away by it?

Can you judge from that?

Didn't he compile Ease Division 3 (still don't own it :P ) and you were not quite blown away by it?

Can you judge from that?

The Solar Fields track on that compilation sure blew me away. As always <_<

Can you judge from that?

His taste in other people's music is no indicator of what his own music will be like.

I love my music taste for example.....

The Solar Fields track on that compilation sure blew me away. As always <_<

Why " <_< " ?

:huh:

His taste in other people's music is no indicator of what his own music will be like.

I love my music taste for example.....

Generally yes.

But certain tendencies and influences can be deducted. Eventually.

You could judge from his own track on that comp by the way :)

Why " <_< " ?

:huh:

Generally yes.

But certain tendencies and influences can be deducted. Eventually.

You could judge from his own track on that comp by the way :)

Yes

5. Solar Fields - Feelings

For me this is the stand out on the compilation and alone made the money I spent on this money well spent. Big spacey atmospheres with quite a majestic feeling. Slow steady beats and big rushes of synth drone with little sharp and squelchy noises running down them. The beats coming off the break down seem to be building to something but just as you think they are leading nowhere the mood changes with much more glitch than I've heard from Solar Fields before. Blending the glitch into the lush melodies and spacey atmosphere works surprisingly well. Again I am left very impressed by Solar Fields' versatility as an artist.

Hence I'm looking forward to this album :rolleyes:

Yes

Hence I'm looking forward to this album :rolleyes:

ups, I thought you hated that track ... but I mistook your review for that of the other guy :D

Solar Fields is *the* artist out there at the moment, his stuff is brilliant 99 out of 100 times, it's just an awesome-train, and next stop is the world. His track Feelings, or the Ease Division 3 aren't indicatiors of anything good or bad. The good tracks on Ease Division 3 are awesome, and the rest are simply OK. I'm very excited for his new release and I'm sure it will fit nicely in the outstanding repetoir of albums.

I can't wait! :)