NEW ATMOS - Tour de Trance

GAWWWDDAMN! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR!

Posted Image

Atmos - Tour de Trance. Coming Soon on Spiral Trax.

A new Atmos album! Finally, finally, finally the wait is overrr B)

Samples (short though <_< ) and info: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/spt/spt1cd026.html

This has the potential to be this year's top proggy stormer! I mean, just listen to that :posford:

AND: 46daz is on it! But for those who knew the track before that was actually clear, wasn't it ^_^

Psyshop is the only source yet, no Saikosounds, no official info from Spiraltrax. Hope it's not going to end like last time, remember that? But no, this music is far too good, they say it'll come before christmas ^_^

I love atmos but I heard him do a set of his new stuff at universo paralello last year and really wasn't impressed... Especially considering he also did a set of all old material on the goa stage which was an absolute stormer. :unsure:

Still, I will certainly check this out, just because its atmos :)

And what's with the album cover? Looks like something out of transformers...

I love atmos but I heard him do a set of his new stuff at universo paralello last year and really wasn't impressed... Especially considering he also did a set of all old material on the goa stage which was an absolute stormer. :unsure:

Still, I will certainly check this out, just because its atmos :)

And what's with the album cover? Looks like something out of transformers...

I also heard a new set of him this year. And although it didn't sound as I expected and I almost missed the old tunes, it was absolutely awesome! I actually tend to like the newer stuff better than the old one, mainly because I have listened to the old stuff a fair lot already. I can't say too much about the album because the samples aren't long, but it generally sounds softer, smoother, more sophisticated in a way than his older stuff. And to me this is good! I'm definitely going to get this.

The album cover looks like Transformers? I haven't seen Transformers, but it reminds me a helluva lot of the space ship you are on in Unreal II (in fact that cover could actually be a screenie right out of the game!). Granted, the game was rather weak, the first one was way better, but I'm an insane Unreal fan and I love that there is a reference to these games, even though it might not have been intended. That's just like the cream topping on a cake for me ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

The album cover looks like Transformers? I haven't seen Transformers, but it reminds me a helluva lot of the space ship you are on in Unreal II (in fact that cover could actually be a screenie right out of the game!). Granted, the game was rather weak, the first one was way better, but I'm an insane Unreal fan and I love that there is a reference to these games, even though it might not have been intended. That's just like the cream topping on a cake for me ^_^

let's just face it, when you have a cover that could be a 'screenie out of a RT game', we probably don't have much to work with visually :lol:

for me it seems like the screenshot of a mid-80's show on the cartoon network... the music sounds a little more promising though, so that's good.

Wouldn't really call it a stormer. Heard the whole thing (except the compactstick-tracks), and although it is indeed a good CD, I wouldn't say it's as much of a dancefloor-minded album as his other albums. Not saying that's a bad thing though :)

• 2 weeks later...

i thought this was going to be a double album?!

well, the release was planned as a double album at first about five years ago (there even was an announcement thread here), but then Spiral Trax went down and that peculiar double album never got released...

Then it got pretty silent about Thomas.

only last year news on Digital Structures popped up that there was going to be a new Atmos release ... but that news never got updated and as I asked some months ago I got the info that Atmos signed his material to Spiral Trax again...

On the whole I think this album is different material than the one that was originally planned to be his next album on Spiral Trax five years ago. I don't know that for sure though ... but I guess so. I'd be curious what happened to the material...

On the whole I think this album is different material than the one that was originally planned to be his next album on Spiral Trax five years ago. I don't know that for sure though ... but I guess so. I'd be curious what happened to the material...

definitely! hopefully it will be released in some form, maybe as compilation tracks...