Strange ideas

Veracohr

I had a strange idea pop into my head once upon a time. The idea has stubbornly stuck around over the past couple years or so, and when crazy ideas of mine stubbornly stick around, I start to pay attention to them. It's been a while since I've thought about it, but tonight I was at a CD release party for my boss' daughter, and they played a jazz interpretation of some Beyonce song. Not that I would ever recognize a song as being by Beyonce, but they stated that it was, and it reminded me of my crazy idea.

The idea is this: do a symphonic arrangement of Astral Projection's "Mahadeva".

At some point in my listening to it, I started to hear how it could be adapted to a full symphony. I'm sure it would be weird, but what do you think? It could be interesting, right?

I rarely listen to symphonic music, and I have never written or arranged anything for a symphony, but it seems like it would be an interesting challenge. And if I were able to do it well enough, I could find a local conductor and symphony.

What do you think?

Cool idea.

Remove the beat+bassline and basicly you have those chords and some simple repetitive melodic patterns to work with. The song is in the same key all the time. I bet it would be a real challenge to make something both interesting and recognizable of it. Good luck! :D

Cool idea.

Remove the beat+bassline and basicly you have those chords and some simple repetitive melodic patterns to work with. The song is in the same key all the time. I bet it would be a real challenge to make something both interesting and recognizable of it. Good luck! :D

There's tons of implied chords to work on in that song, even though the bass plays the root note all the time.

Many tracks get remixed into a different genres successfully so I think that this could quite easily work. Just take the melody, play it on different instruments, get the rhythm & try to work that in & it could work pretty well.

If anyone does this, they'll have to share it here :posford: