drugs and music making

I meant that I enjoying listening more than creating when I'm high. Input more than output. But that sometimes it inspires me. I don't think it can be trusted, though. That's my major problem with it. I can't trust it simply because it makes almost anything sound better than it would normally. And part of the passivity of it is that it makes me lazy, which is the very last thing you need to be when trying to get something accomplished. I'm trying to finish a joint tonight, actually, the last of my stash, so that I can be ambitious this weekend. If I have some around, I WILL smoke it. I have to finish the last track of my EP soon, and I SUCK at finishing things once I start them, therefore MJ and I have to break up for a while. That sort of thing. But I agree with you that it's a nice reward and can be inspiring in a destabilizing way.

For me making what I love is a drug.

I have woken up early to make music, once I even got sleep deprived, I have lost track of time to make music, and I have stayed up almost all night before making beats.

So I try to moderate it and get all my chores and nessesary stuff done beforehand.

I may be an obsessive-compusive type though.

• 4 weeks later...

my latest try of making music while I was high

http://www.upload-il.com/?d=CAD529241

(enter the number and press the tab on the left)

That was really cool, PGD. Highly psychedelic, and definitely out there. I like the loose, abstract, almost improvised feel of it, but that it still seemed to have a fairly solid structure.

That was really cool, PGD. Highly psychedelic, and definitely out there. I like the loose, abstract, almost improvised feel of it, but that it still seemed to have a fairly solid structure.

:D thanks mate!

still needs to work on the structure, there are couple of mistakes (or maybe will leave it like that) and the 303 at the end doesn't fit much.

I'll keep working on it, expend and enrich it with more stuff :) thanks for the lovely words ;)

NO, THE 303 WAS COOOOOL! I'm serious! It was totally unexpected, and taking people by surprise is a good thing, I think, if it's done well, and you did it well. It was really refreshing, actually, and adds to the structure.

• 2 weeks later...

Making music without drugs is like mixing your tracks on only one set of speakers. Just like a mix has to sound good in your monitors, your car, your brothers hifi speakers and your grandmothers radio. It has to sound good on all sorts of drugs, especially PCP! Dust is a must when making music!

Making music without drugs is like mixing your tracks on only one set of speakers. Just like a mix has to sound good in your monitors, your car, your brothers hifi speakers and your grandmothers radio. It has to sound good on all sorts of drugs, especially PCP! Dust is a must when making music!

lol, yea PCP!

marihuana made me so creative, i just wrote down a whole movie on my cellphone during a three hour walk home.

but i could never work while beeing high, so writing down what is going on in my head while being high seemed to be the only solution, problem only was that everything i wrote down always seemed impossible to actually convert the next day when i was sober.

I have used drugs for a long long time, in my life. I abandoned my biggest love , mary jane and nikotine. Still , music gets me kicked and speeded etc.. When making music, I need to have a clear mind of doing what I do. Doing drugs , I want to lose control and get away... Therefore , I need control and presence when I do my music... Of course , playing the piano/keyboard gets me away... Far far away :)