Psytrance in YOUR countrey

2kijad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like Spain is not the Psytrance country #1 on our planet. I have a hard time finding any PSY parties. Techno there is plenty of though. My Province is kind of a super techno region in Spain :)

well techno is gooood:) just not as fluffy as psy............:)

officially there's about 5-6 parties a year (that i know of) other wise it's relatively quite underground (i don't go out much)

my brother said that most psy-trance parties he's been at where either private underground parties, after parties or/and some clubs playing it, but that was back in 1999 - 2003.

So most of the time, there are no dj's, but psy-trance seems to gain more ground, (it's coming up again) slowly but steadily.

[...]

To conclude: Denmark isn't a very "psy-trance" friendly country.

but drugs are supposedly very easy to get a hold of, even though christiania has been shut for almost 4 years.

There's MUCH more than 5-6 psytrance-parties a year - even more than 5-6 parties a month. Check out the partylists at sites like electrobeat.dk and trancetunnel.dk, and you will see that there are indeed many parties. The quality is quite low though in my opinion.

CaffyMate, In northern Europe, Denmark is country number 2 for Psy/Progressive Psy parties (After Sweden of corpse) :D No but seriously, check out what pr0fane said, there is a LOT of parties going on, i doubt Sweden has half of it! (Correct me if I am wrong) :D

There are parties in Greece, but 80% of them have the most boring lineups!

Clubby full on, clubby progressive, clubby full on, clubby progressive, clubby full on, clubby progressive...... No thanks!

Once in a while we get an interesting artist, but that's the minority.

There are parties in Greece, but 80% of them have the most boring lineups!

Clubby full on, clubby progressive, clubby full on, clubby progressive, clubby full on, clubby progressive...... No thanks!

Once in a while we get an interesting artist, but that's the minority.

Indeed, i am really disappointed from our trance scene in athens. Not that i care, lots of interesting music events and alternate ways to have fun around athens.

UK in the North seems to have lots of psy events:)

the open air ones tho can be very breezy, like Shamania Solfest. Beathearder and Thimbleberry... soggy and wet and windy....deffo blows the cobwebs away tho!

indoor we have lots to choose from, the smoking ban made the scene falter a little as some clubs had no provision for smokers, which meant going out the front, which also meant a few robbers took up residency, and the Tokers had no place to go huddle...!!

Psy has definately altered this last couple of years, it seems a lot more bangy......where did warm and fluffy go?

Psy has definately altered this last couple of years, it seems a lot more bangy......where did warm and fluffy go?

It went with all the drugs that shut the brain down instead of open it up. Banging is easy to make & easy for morons to bang away on the dancefloor to. I liked the stuff you could dance to & sit quietly & enjoy ;)

It went with all the drugs that shut the brain down instead of open it up. Banging is easy to make & easy for morons to bang away on the dancefloor to. I liked the stuff you could dance to & sit quietly & enjoy ;)

ahh i see...yes, you are right .... i miss the fluffy stuff:(

Great scene in Funland! We have a few bigger party organizers who really put in a lot of effort. I like suomisaundi and well, you can guess what they mostly play here. :) Even the full-on DJs seem to have better than average taste and you don't have to witness awful full of breaks sets so often.

Forest parties are very well thought thru. If they're legal, the organizers contact the authorities to make sure everything's fine. Illegal parties are somewhere so deep in the forest police really doesn't even bother...

Example of tonite's party: The organizer makes the bar owner to pay the PA and promises lots of people buy drinks to cover the costs. All the artists come to play for fun and ask zero cash. Therefore: the damage is 0 euros to get in. :)

And what you'll hear is goa, good full-on, progressive... like in the rave days when it was just about hearing great music and having good time all the time. :)

Really? Maybe you should fill me in. : S