Minilogue News

GaySatanicHippie

Wow, i have wondering for a while what will happen to the Minilogue album, and I just found out they are now officially signed to Sven Väth Cocoon records!

They will have a single coming out soon called Jamaica, and the album will follow later in the year. WOOHOOOOO!!!

Official release info:

Sometimes, it's still worth not to waste your youth with nonsense but to learn to play an instrument. Like in the case of Sebastian Mullaert, who has learned to play violin, organ and piano, while his partner Marcus Henriksson rather came from Kraftwerk and Human League to electronic music. As Son Kite, the two Swedes have already a well-known name in the psy-trance scene, and as Minilogue, they now start to conquer the Minimal and House world. With their rather unique sound, they manage the tightrope walk between Minimal and Trance and never allow us to put them into a drawer. Especially with their debut on Cocoon Recordings, Minilogue present themselves in a different way, compared to their releases on Traum or Wagon Repair. "Jamaica" is a calm track at the first hearing and is perfect for building up a set. Beginning with bird-like sounds, the track builds up slowly and quickly becomes very interesting and tricky, ramifies as organic as a climbing plant, and when the tribal sound emerges from the underground, this track has exactly what makes Minilogue so special: organic matter and groovy sounds, worked into a minimal labyrinth with very much love for the details. All of that can also be found on the B side which seems to be more adequate for the morning hours, with its somehow spacey sound. With "Jamaica", Mullaert and Henriksson prove that they are floating on the very surface of the endless minimal ocean. And with their album "Animals" being already in sight on Cocoon recordings, one can be highly anxious of what is coming ahead, by Minilogue and Techno Made in Sweden.

Yeah, great news. I was also wondering when will they release an album and this Cocoon surprise came right on time. :D

Yes, also waiting for Extrawelt's first official album, that would also be reasonable to sign for Cocoon. :posford:

I just don't see Extrawelt on Cocoon. It could be that I'm out of the loop, but Extrawelt's music sounds too menacing and sinister to my ears. Or, should I put it better, it's too deviant for an average Cocoon head. Or not?

Naturally, a forthcoming Minilogue album is always goof news. Oh boy, I can hardly way to plaaaaaaay it.

I just don't see Extrawelt on Cocoon. It could be that I'm out of the loop, but Extrawelt's music sounds too menacing and sinister to my ears. Or, should I put it better, it's too deviant for an average Cocoon head. Or not?

Deviant ? No way... quirky, yes, but Cocoon has been releasing lots of quirky stuff recently.

And how can you say their music sounds menacing and sinister when you listen to Soopertrack, Zu Fuss, Titelheld, Fernweh, Drehfehler... :unsure:

well, extrawelt is on cocoon. ever since titelheld was such a success, they were set to release their album on there. it was actually supposed to come out last year already, but it got moved back to this year.

i think titelheld was even one of the best selling cocoons ever, on beatport its on their all time #2 position.

It could be that I'm out of the loop, ...

I re-quoted myself. Gotta get back on track then. Soon.

Seems like I missed out on some goodies which were not destined to be missed. Not intentionally, that is.

allow me to laugh at the "cocoon a secret psy trance label" because people here complained that Ticon sells on psy trance sites rather than techno/electro etc sites.. :lol: the time will come for Ticon as well, when they leave our scene, and it will be a great loss for -well not for me- for this whole scene :) On another note though, this is the best news this year, and I can not wait to get my hands on that single and album from Minilogue! :) As for Extrawelt I can only say :posford:

• 1 month later...

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=9187

Sebastian Mullaert and Marcus Henriksson, aka Minilogue, IMPS, Son Kite and lord knows what else, have two new records up their sleeves. They're set to a release both the double CD Animals as Minilogue on Sven Vath’s Cocoon label, and a full length album as IMPS on Japanese label Mule Electronic.

The Cocoon album is split into individual tracks, but is billed as a proper album designed to be listened to from beginning to end. Ranging from peaktime techno to beatless ambience over two discs, Animals includes the Minilogue hit on Crosstown Rebels ‘Hitchhiker’s Choice’ (see video below—two million YouTube hits and counting) but the bulk of the tracks are new and exclusive material. The 2x12" vinyl includes the more DJ-friendly cuts from the album.

Minilogue - Animals tracklist

CD1

01 Yesterday Bells

02 Cow, Crickets and Clay

03 Hitchhiker´s Choice

04 Loud

05 We All

06 33000 Honeybees

07 Jamaica

08 View Of A Juggling Ball

09 Giant Hairy Super Monsters

10 Hypnotized

11 Animals

12 In A Distance

CD2

01 Old Water

02 Windows

03 City Lights

04 Six Arms And One Leg

05 Swamp OP

06 In The Shade Of The Sun

07 Stations 1

08 Stations 2

09 Stations 3

10 Even The Wind Seemed In Deep Sleep

11 Europhonia

12 Feeling In Spring Beside The Dressing Table

13 Seconds (Colour & Sound)

14 Outro

2 x vinyl

01 Animals

02 Jamaica

03 33000 Honeybees

04 Cow, Crickets and Clay

01 Hypnotized

02 Giant Hairy Super Monsters

03 We All

04 In A Distance

If that’s not enough Minilogue, the duo from Malmö are also issuing the live jazz improv album 'Bring Out the IMPS' on Japanese label Mule Electronic. The records includes both sides of IMPS recent 12-inch on the same label--expect wiggly synths and funk feel.

IMPS – Bring out the IMPS tracklist

01 Second Track

02 Almost Live but Definitely Plugged

03 Bring out the Imps

04 Heaven and Bagpipes

05 Get a Grip

06 Lost in Rostanga

07 Return of the IMPS

08 Uncle Limps (Turkish Version)

09 Bubble and Squeak

10 Jontys Way

11 Instant IMPS

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=9187

Sebastian Mullaert and Marcus Henriksson, aka Minilogue, IMPS, Son Kite and lord knows what else, have two new records up their sleeves. They're set to a release both the double CD Animals as Minilogue on Sven Vath’s Cocoon label, and a full length album as IMPS on Japanese label Mule Electronic.

The Cocoon album is split into individual tracks, but is billed as a proper album designed to be listened to from beginning to end. Ranging from peaktime techno to beatless ambience over two discs, Animals includes the Minilogue hit on Crosstown Rebels ‘Hitchhiker’s Choice’ (see video below—two million YouTube hits and counting) but the bulk of the tracks are new and exclusive material. The 2x12" vinyl includes the more DJ-friendly cuts from the album.

Minilogue - Animals tracklist

CD1

01 Yesterday Bells

02 Cow, Crickets and Clay

03 Hitchhiker´s Choice

04 Loud

05 We All

06 33000 Honeybees

07 Jamaica

08 View Of A Juggling Ball

09 Giant Hairy Super Monsters

10 Hypnotized

11 Animals

12 In A Distance

CD2

01 Old Water

02 Windows

03 City Lights

04 Six Arms And One Leg

05 Swamp OP

06 In The Shade Of The Sun

07 Stations 1

08 Stations 2

09 Stations 3

10 Even The Wind Seemed In Deep Sleep

11 Europhonia

12 Feeling In Spring Beside The Dressing Table

13 Seconds (Colour & Sound)

14 Outro

2 x vinyl

01 Animals

02 Jamaica

03 33000 Honeybees

04 Cow, Crickets and Clay

01 Hypnotized

02 Giant Hairy Super Monsters

03 We All

04 In A Distance

If that’s not enough Minilogue, the duo from Malmö are also issuing the live jazz improv album 'Bring Out the IMPS' on Japanese label Mule Electronic. The records includes both sides of IMPS recent 12-inch on the same label--expect wiggly synths and funk feel.

IMPS – Bring out the IMPS tracklist

01 Second Track

02 Almost Live but Definitely Plugged

03 Bring out the Imps

04 Heaven and Bagpipes

05 Get a Grip

06 Lost in Rostanga

07 Return of the IMPS

08 Uncle Limps (Turkish Version)

09 Bubble and Squeak

10 Jontys Way

11 Instant IMPS

OMFG WTF LOL ROTFL

:posford: :clapping: :posford: :clapping: :posford: :clapping: :posford: :clapping:

and the son kite album will out on bne, the label announced that on their website. so the guys are keeping busy, three albums in a year :) even though i think the minilogue album has been ready for about 2 years...

on BNE :D