stealing kicks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

synths aren't meant to emulate real sounds, thats my point....trying to make a real sound with a synth is pointless.

but a kick is a kick

electronic music does not = dance or club music btw....electronic music is music that is made on a synth, thats the only thing that sets it apart, electronic music is not 'club music', it most certainly is not only danceable music...and goa defianitly isn't only danceable music....if they wanted to make it danceable, they would go to europe and make some tiesto...

i don't want to play in a band..and..............goa head?

+1

I am not dancing 24/7 I like the sound of synths not just bassdrums!

Of course but without drums you wouldnt have a rhythm, it would be ambient..

and what is ambient? ;) ambient does not mean beat-less. some of the greatest ambient composers in the world would STRONGLY disagree with you. Oh wait, you probably have a scripture that says GOD made ambient music.

You can make rythm without a kick drum, you would simply replace the constant of a drum with something else....

Get a track youve made or something..and replace the kick sample with a short vocal..replace the hats and snares with vocals or other sounds..maby the sound of a frog?...you got rythm.....though its kinda unorthadox

Here is an example from a track i am working on right now..it does have a kick, but the vocal sample can still give rythm: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/fzxb/mrkler_8

[a vocal sample i made from scratch on a mic..by myself :P..hows that for creativity? Wo0o0o0o0o0o]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!!!

i read all your opinions and thoughts about and here's mine...

well...all this thing with the producing is so tedious.Everything is the same, with some "unique" parts, that next time someone else maybe he will use!Especially in psytrance with psy front or not!Everyone write in classical forms, same synth sounds, loops, percs all the same!!!!!Personaly i have quit with this scene (psytrance) even to listen this music or produce!!!Now my music trips is closer to something experimental and ofcourse with ambient!In this music you have many options what can u do, what can u write, u have many options what percs do you want to use,drums,synths etc and u can make a great resault!!!My mind has tired with this music (psy)!I can't any more!Even to listen as i say it before!I have nothing to take now from this music!

Now about the subject to stealing kicks or something else....mmm well is better to create something yours,from the start to the end!Is my opinion!But each one of us has his own theory about it!!!

Have a nice day to all :)

and what is ambient? ;) ambient does not mean beat-less. some of the greatest ambient composers in the world would STRONGLY disagree with you. Oh wait, you probably have a scripture that says GOD made ambient music.

I didn't express my self good..

But when its about scriptures I just found out of one scripture about music, like a music tutorial and I wanna get that but seems like I cant find it nowhere..

I think all those other tutorials would go into water if I dig this scripture somewhere..

God didnt made ambient, his energies did and so as for all other music.. Just combinations of different energies..

But there is a special scale and notes used for praising God..

You can find more on this topic here..

Each note is associated with different chakra.. These notes are used in ragas...

• 1 month later...