Metapsychic Records in trouble?

jivamukti

Hahaha to much blablabla oh noes the pussy cats are upset :wank: :drama: :rolleyes: mind your own business :lol: this thread is a lol just like you girlies

Well you're the one saying artists need donations. If it was a storage problem we wouldn't stretch this topic so much :wank:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink::blink: ..very mature debate...

Hahaha! I don't write much here, but come on. If you do not like what you are doing because you're not getting paid "enough" than stop doing it for crying out loud.

And I agree with visine, very mature. These are the people who expect out of life and thereby achieve absolute failure.

Again, as has been stated, asking for donations, fine. But expecting a living because "you make music," far fetched. Time to find a new love; try coin collecting. One day you may find that 20k euro coin :) sitting in your hand from the local grocery store.

-d

Hahaha to much blablabla oh noes the pussy cats are upset :wank: :drama: :rolleyes: mind your own business :lol: this thread is a lol just like you girlies

As a producer you might want to think a bit more about how you post on public fora and what kind of impression that gives to people. It's in your best interest that people don't think you are a jerk.

And you're not going to make a living out of donations, not even album sales. Even with gigs it would be difficult.

only a stupid hippy businessman blames the consumer for their failure.

if i open a hamburger stand and people cook out on their home grill instead of coming to my stand its pretty absurd to blame the consumer.

just close shop, you have no business being in business.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Says their website:

"We need your help so that we can keep this project alive , since we have stuff to pay (website hosting , .com , hours that we spend on promoting , producing new music , organizing and compiling new albums for the people), we ask you , please donate and help us!!"

I don't think you can rely solely on voluntary donations for your survival, and IMO you should also look into other ways to ease the burden on yourselves. First you could look for a free hosting service for your website. Google Pages should be a good choice; they don't impose any kind of advertising on your website and you get an easy-to-remember name for your page (that is if you don't want to/can't pay anymore for www.metapsychicrecords.com), such as metapsychicrecords.googlepages.com.

Secondly there's hosting all those releases for hundreds or thousands of ppl to download. At least www.archive.org could host them for free. Drop the wav format if necessary or make ppl pay a small sum like 5 dollars for it.

Thirdly if you feel your organization is stretched, get new ppl involved. It should be easy to find new promo persons and such.

Anyway good luck and thanks for all the good releases!

First time I hear that it's bad or unfair to ask for donations... Looks like some people don't appreciate what we're doing and show any respect to us. Looks like some people prefer to create polemics there than to support our cause. Finally looks like some people would like to add a bad fame trade-mark to our iniative and put us in the hell...

I'm not blind and my partners of metapsychic too, about who are those persons behind all this absurd story and what are their real motivations... Hope that people out this forum are enough intelligent to see what is going on there, and it's not the first time that something like this happens (remember the Vox album case? ;) )

If I start to talk about what I know and what I learned recently, especially some dirty tricks regarding some labels (and believe me that's not really nice...), be sure that the almost unexistant goa trance scene will be definitely fucked for ever!!!

But at least, we take a lesson from that: our generosity is over since it's not appreciated. We'll not give our music for free from now, we'll start to sell our upcoming releases in our own digital store the coming days/weeks, and after this, well, I prefer to let you discover what will happen... ;)

P.S.: don't expect any other answers or reply from our part, you can deliver all the trashs you want there, it's not our problem anymore. TOPIC CLOSED!

We do want to support the netlabels out there. But the fact is, you will never get enough money from donations to keep the netlabels running. Of course you will be getting donations, but they will most likely not be enough, you would need to earn the money yourselves to keep the project alive. And another reason why donations are so small is because people look for quality music, and even tho you can find some very good music on netlabels, there's just way too much amateur stuff and unfortunately some people don't like what they hear and they don't want to give out their money to support the netlabel. Yes it's a bad thing, but that's how the world is like.

My advice would be to add something more to the project. Just releasing free music and looking for donations isn't going to help you. Try expanding the site to something bigger. Be more creative, find some guys out there that can refresh your site, add it a little touch like track ratings, favourites list and so on. Make yourselves known. Try to make contests, for example, soulseek records once had this contest where every producer had to make something in 10 minutes and then upload it, and then another one would follow, some interesting results can come out of that. Just experiment and see how the people reacts. If they like it theres a better chance they will donate.

Guest Cosmogenesis

We do want to support the netlabels out there.

You force me to reply again...

Please don't say "We", but "I"do support... ;) It's not the case of all the people...

Thanks for your advices, but we will not follow them.

We will do what we want since it's our project and, we don't have to justify anymore what we want to do. ;)

Well dude, you should be as creative as the music maker imho. And if you don't want to do the job, someone else will. You think closing down a couple of netlabels is going to what, kill the goa trance scene? "We'll not give our music for free from now", are you the ones who makes the music? Or are the music makers? Producers will allways find a way to promote their music no matter what you do. So don't threat that the goa trance scene will be definitely fucked for ever because it's not you who controls the goa trance scene. Netlabels are just one means of music promotion. And as long as there are music makers there will be music promoters. Even if the music promoters are the music makers themselves.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Well dude, you should be as creative as the music maker imho. And if you don't want to do the job, someone else will. You think closing down a couple of netlabels is going to what, kill the goa trance scene? "We'll not give our music for free from now", are you the ones who makes the music? Or are the music makers? Producers will allways find a way to promote their music no matter what you do. So don't threat that the goa trance scene will be definitely fucked for ever because it's not you who controls the goa trance scene. Netlabels are just one means of music promotion. And as long as there are music makers there will be music promoters. Even if the music promoters are the music makers themselves.

Who do you think you are to talk like this to me, giving me advices, starting to telling me what I have to do and to judge me, little boy? Who are you with your 18 years old and something ? Have you any label, or net-label to know what's is going in this business? Have you any other activities than reading your books on your school or playing nintendo?

Damn, you're 18, and already looking f**cking pretentious, the guy who knows everything there and know how this business should work. I'll let you the keys of metapsychic since you're so intelligent...

Learn this, boy: sometimes it's better to shut his mouth when we don't know what we're talking about. ;)

What do you answer now, eh? Common', I'm waiting for you. Let's play your childish game there since you like it, until the mods close this topic. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

metapsychic shop will be up soon , sorry for any inconvinience. :clapping:

sorry for the people who are outside this forum and are reading this stupid topic.

Who do you think you are to talk like this to me, giving me advices, starting to telling me what I have to do and to judge me, little boy? Who are you with your 18 years old and something ? Have you any label, or net-label to know what's is going in this business? Have you any other activities than reading your books on your school or playing nintendo?

Damn, you're 18, and already looking f**cking pretentious, the guy who knows everything there and know how this business should work. I'll let you the keys of metapsychic since you're so intelligent...

Learn this, boy: sometimes it's better to shut his mouth when we don't know what we're talking about. ;)

Yeah I'm the boy, while your replies sound like theye were written by a 12 year old kid. Of course, you don't take advices from no-one. You read 5 peoples comments saying they think donations are bad and all of a sudden you're saying free downloads are off. And then you're stating that the Goa Trance scene will die. And now this I'll let you the keys of metapsychic since you're so intelligent... . I gave you some advice, and instead of doing a research on what to do best you'd rather act like a 12-year-old and just ignore anyones input because you're the guy who knows it all. I don't know everything out there, but I certainly know if your netlabel dies, that doesn't mean the earth will stop from spinning.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Yeah I'm the boy, while your replies sound like theye were written by a 12 year old kid. Of course, you don't take advices from no-one. You read 5 peoples comments saying they think donations are bad and all of a sudden you're saying free downloads are off. And then you're stating that the Goa Trance scene will die. And now this I'll let you the keys of metapsychic since you're so intelligent... . I gave you some advice, and instead of doing a research on what to do best you'd rather act like a 12-year-old and just ignore anyones input because you're the guy who knows it all. I don't know everything out there, but I certainly know if your netlabel dies, that doesn't mean the earth will stop from spinning.

Really nice answer!! Bravo!!! :clapping: Congratulations!! Should I deliver you some trophee for this great performance? Something else to add? :D

Really nice answer!! Bravo!!! :clapping: Congratulations!! Should I deliver you some trophee for this great performance? Something else to add? :D

I'm not the one who's over-exaturating over here. Nice way of hiding behind smileys, I bet you're hitting the keyboard and wishing it was my head, right? I'll talk to you sometime in the future when you grow up. Mentally that is.

Guest Cosmogenesis

I'm not the one who's over-exaturating over here. Nice way of hiding behind smileys, I bet you're hitting the keyboard and wishing it was my head, right? I'll talk to you sometime in the future when you grow up. Mentally that is.

Another nice one!!! My sincere congrats!! Have you finished?

what are u trying to say anyway? if u want to speak bad things about us go ahead , because the more u speak bad things about us the better i get.

or are u just pissed of because you are not going to get any more free music from us?

dont mess with what is nothing of your business. im doing it for my life why dont u do it for yours?

yas all look alike some old ladies trying to put their noses where they shouldnt.

what are u trying to say anyway? if u want to speak bad things about us go ahead , because the more u speak bad things about us the better i get.

or are u just pissed of because you are not going to get any more free music from us?

dont mess with what is nothing of your business. im doing it for my life why dont u do it for yours?

yas all look alike some old ladies trying to put their noses where they shouldnt.

No I'm not angry at anyone about the downloads. I have means of payment ;) And I'm definately not trying to speak bad things about you or any other netlabel. I had an argument with Cosmogenesis because I didn't like how he responded to the few comments made by a few people in this topic. I think he's reactions were overblown with what he said. But beeing that I can't argue with such a close-minded person I'll stop right there. Don't take this all too personally Buddha, it's just a matter of opinions ;)

Says their website:

"We need your help so that we can keep this project alive , since we have stuff to pay (website hosting , .com , hours that we spend on promoting , producing new music , organizing and compiling new albums for the people), we ask you , please donate and help us!!"

I don't think you can rely solely on voluntary donations for your survival, and IMO you should also look into other ways to ease the burden on yourselves. First you could look for a free hosting service for your website. Google Pages should be a good choice; they don't impose any kind of advertising on your website and you get an easy-to-remember name for your page (that is if you don't want to/can't pay anymore for www.metapsychicrecords.com), such as metapsychicrecords.googlepages.com.

Secondly there's hosting all those releases for hundreds or thousands of ppl to download. At least www.archive.org could host them for free. Drop the wav format if necessary or make ppl pay a small sum like 5 dollars for it.

Thirdly if you feel your organization is stretched, get new ppl involved. It should be easy to find new promo persons and such.

Anyway good luck and thanks for all the good releases!

First time I hear that it's bad or unfair to ask for donations... Looks like some people don't appreciate what we're doing and show any respect to us. Looks like some people prefer to create polemics there than to support our cause. Finally looks like some people would like to add a bad fame trade-mark to our iniative and put us in the hell...

Dude are you overacting a bit here? I don't see enywhere in that post you replied to from jivamukti that it's bad to ask for donations. I don't get the vibe from his tone that he doesn't appreciate what you're doing either. I see he is trying to find a solution and help you, give you ideas how to minimize your costs etc.

It's up to you to either accept or refuse those ideas but taking it down to the personal level like your "18 year boy" statements is quite unnecessary.

Your label buddy seams to have the same problem too.

I have to admit you guys are confusing me a bit. First you produce old school Goa.. ok cool, people like it, give you good feedbck everyone is a happy family...then you ask for donations...still cool...people think you need help and they give you ideas how to solve your music distribution, site and other issues you need to pay money for....then you go crazy with "making a living out of our music" ideas which is completely out of touch with reality dude...then you take it down to personal level...what the fuck dude? :blink:

Am i missing something here?

If you think some other label is sabotaging you, please come forward and tell us what's going on. I kind of have hard time seeing any sabotage in this thread...I see people's concerns and wanting to help you and your overreaction, but hey maybe you have something to tell us we don't know so please enlighten us.

...and for the record I have nothing to do with any label in this scene, totally appreciate what you do but I do think you are a bit....how should I put this....confusing I guess.

No I'm not angry at anyone about the downloads. I have means of payment ;) And I'm definately not trying to speak bad things about you or any other netlabel. I had an argument with Cosmogenesis because I didn't like how he responded to the few comments made by a few people in this topic. I think he's reactions were overblown with what he said. But beeing that I can't argue with such a close-minded person I'll stop right there. Don't take this all too personally Buddha, it's just a matter of opinions ;)

so then as u can see we are not in trouble , we are just making our business legal and trying to become a real label where all the artists have to get the respect they all deserve. afterall we are all big fans of music arent we? the artists are the ones who create the "magical" thing that we so much love and that has the power to make u sad , happy , to make u laugh etc..

i dont think that attacking a label that is trying to put stand straight its a nice way of showing how much u like music...

i dont think that attacking a label that is trying to put stand straight its a nice way of showing how much u like music...

There's a difference between arguing with one person and attacking a label, which I am not doing. Besides, I'm not the one who flushed Goa trance down the toilette with these words, and I quote:

be sure that the almost unexistant goa trance scene will be definitely fucked for ever!!!