After 10 years away, I'm back to play music!

I've been 10 years away, and I'm about to go back to Europe to work, and to play electronic music again (goa trance, chillout and ambient). I left my instruments at a friend's attic, and he said they were still there the way I left them, wrapped in plastic with adhesive tape to protect from dust. I remember that I have pretty much all I need (TB-303, SH-101, JD-800, Z1, and a few more stuff). I still want to buy some second-hand stuff. I've seen that I can find inexpensive Juno 106 and ASR-10 on eBay. I need to buy a mixer, I remember Yamaha had a real nice one called 02R, what would you recommend? I need 48+ inputs. Also, I need 2 monitoring speakers + amplifier. Anything to recommend? I haven't kept up with the latest in the music industry. Are there some must-have synths? I used to read a magazine called "Keyboards", I searched on the web but there isn't any website... How can I keep up now, is there a web site that reviews the latest synths and other equipment? What about samplers? I have an old Akai that I'll probably sell to buy a more performant one. What do you suggest?

Ok, now, regarding the trend, what do people like now? I remember that in the late 90's, goa-trance was rather popular. How is the scene now? I heard that artists such as Total Eclipse, Transwave, Kox Box are not anymore. Are there meetings of artists in Europe? Do people gather? How do you make contacts? I lost all my contacts. Does some one has the contact of an engineer called "Benjamin Ange" in Paris? (He installed an addon on my TB-303 and SH-101 to make the sound crispy). Are there web sites other than eBay to buy used instruments? I love second-hand vintage synths :) I'll have to buy a computer, do you suggest a mac or a pc? What software do you suggest? (I used to have Cubase XT). I'll have to get used to it again! I'll have to build my small studio in my new house. Are there guidelines for the sound quality such as the material chosen, the topology of the room, organization of the studio, etc...? Is it easy to make money with music like it was in the 90's? It seems the music industry is in crisis with the advent of the Internet and file sharing, etc... If there are French artists who would like to trade music instruments, sample CDs, share knowledge, or to meet, please get in touch with me! Thanks for all your replies :rolleyes:

I've been 10 years away, and I'm about to go back to Europe to work, and to play electronic music again (goa trance, chillout and ambient). I left my instruments at a friend's attic, and he said they were still there the way I left them, wrapped in plastic with adhesive tape to protect from dust. I remember that I have pretty much all I need (TB-303, SH-101, JD-800, Z1, and a few more stuff). I still want to buy some second-hand stuff. I've seen that I can find inexpensive Juno 106 and ASR-10 on eBay. I need to buy a mixer, I remember Yamaha had a real nice one called 02R, what would you recommend? I need 48+ inputs. Also, I need 2 monitoring speakers + amplifier. Anything to recommend? I haven't kept up with the latest in the music industry. Are there some must-have synths? I used to read a magazine called "Keyboards", I searched on the web but there isn't any website... How can I keep up now, is there a web site that reviews the latest synths and other equipment? What about samplers? I have an old Akai that I'll probably sell to buy a more performant one. What do you suggest?

Ok, now, regarding the trend, what do people like now? I remember that in the late 90's, goa-trance was rather popular. How is the scene now? I heard that artists such as Total Eclipse, Transwave, Kox Box are not anymore. Are there meetings of artists in Europe? Do people gather? How do you make contacts? I lost all my contacts. Does some one has the contact of an engineer called "Benjamin Ange" in Paris? (He installed an addon on my TB-303 and SH-101 to make the sound crispy). Are there web sites other than eBay to buy used instruments? I love second-hand vintage synths :) I'll have to buy a computer, do you suggest a mac or a pc? What software do you suggest? (I used to have Cubase XT). I'll have to get used to it again! I'll have to build my small studio in my new house. Are there guidelines for the sound quality such as the material chosen, the topology of the room, organization of the studio, etc...? Is it easy to make money with music like it was in the 90's? It seems the music industry is in crisis with the advent of the Internet and file sharing, etc... If there are French artists who would like to trade music instruments, sample CDs, share knowledge, or to meet, please get in touch with me! Thanks for all your replies :rolleyes:

Sounds like some sweet time travelling :) if you are serious.. you havent missed anything really the music was best when you stopped :) and if you are not joking it would be nice to hear how your goa trance sounds like.. but im sure you are just joking :lol:

Are there guidelines for the sound quality such as the material chosen, the topology of the room

so wtf are you gonna record pop music or make goa? make some sense

You'll be surprised by how little music is actually made on hardware these days.

Most kids from Israel just buy a "killa komputa" & download software for free of the internet that equals 10.000€'s worth of hardware...

Are there guidelines for the sound quality such as the material chosen, the topology of the room

so wtf are you gonna record pop music or make goa? make some sense

Maybe he's asking the question of how the speakers should be set up, what sound isolation material to use, dimensions of the room etc.. These factors can change the way you hear sound if your not too careful.

What do you mean? Any kind of music should have good sound quality.

a sorry maybe i missunderstood a bit ;) :drama:

• 1 month later...

You'll be surprised by how little music is actually made on hardware these days.

Most kids from Israel just buy a "killa komputa" & download software for free of the internet that equals 10.000€'s worth of hardware...

and what's wrong with that?

thanks to those things the music production level has risen 10 times in the past few years.