Pioneers of goa trance

radi6404

Well I don't see people here only mentioning hallu (maybe some idunno I didn't check) and that wouldn't make sense anyways there are no single pioneers here.

How do u measure more classic tracks? Yeah Joti has made some great tracks but... bah its all just taste when it comes down to it :P

Exactly, nobody here is saying that Hallucinogen, Eat Static, Koxbox, Genetic are solely THE only Pioneer. It was more of a group of people. Doesnt matter though, I am getting in touch with some rather interesting people at the moment :)

Guest Rezwalker

How do u measure more classic tracks? Yeah Joti has made some great tracks but... bah its all just taste when it comes down to it :P

damn why i should clear everything everytime..

when i'm saying the all time mention only about hallucinogen i mean IN GENERAL

just search the general forum..u will find thousands threads about hallucinogen and in most cases u will see comments such as "godford" etc etc. my comment was about that and i think is a bit annoying. ther are and other good artists in same level IMO.

as for Psychaos

perception of reality

chaos to order

keyboard widow

Psychaos

science fiction

dense dawn

seti

acidica

they tried to grab me

free lemonade remix

spatial distortion

mad lane

power trip

IMO hallucinogen has almost the same number of classic tracks or close. but ok...i understand it's matter of taste.

Exactly, nobody here is saying that Hallucinogen, Eat Static, Koxbox, Genetic are solely THE only Pioneer. It was more of a group of people. Doesnt matter though, I am getting in touch with some rather interesting people at the moment :)

Who are those people if I may ask? Are they teachers of Goa? :P

Well I agree with u about the pioneering thing....

It's not possible to measure the degree of pioneering that one artist have done, I would say, without being bias of your own taste in music... So why try??!

just search the general forum..u will find thousands threads about hallucinogen and in most cases u will see comments such as "godford" etc etc. my comment was about that and i think is a bit annoying. ther are and other good artists in same level IMO.

as for Psychaos

perception of reality

chaos to order

keyboard widow

Psychaos

science fiction

dense dawn

seti

acidica

they tried to grab me

free lemonade remix

spatial distortion

mad lane

power trip

IMO hallucinogen has almost the same number of classic tracks or close. but ok...i understand it's matter of taste.

Its hard when your favorite artist is not the favorite of the masses? :)

as for Psychaos

perception of reality

chaos to order

keyboard widow

Psychaos

science fiction

dense dawn

seti

acidica

they tried to grab me

free lemonade remix

spatial distortion

mad lane

power trip

Well then its not about his music but about other peoples opinion about his music... Well thats fair enough to get annoyed by it, but the fact that the guy is still very much appreciated also says something about his impact on the music, also since he hasn't released a goa-trance album since 1997.... but remember nobody is saying he is the only good old skool artist, his music is just licked by a lot of people!

Guest Rezwalker

the masses in usa believes the wars from Bush is something normal.

so that says nothing to me. i don't care about the masses.

that means i respect their taste and that's it. nothing more.

besides that there are many ppl who listens some artists fashionably.

the mass in usa believes the wars from Bush worths.

so that says nothing to me.

I asked a serious question. Does it hurt you that people LOVE Hallucinogen more than your favorites?

Guest Rezwalker

I asked a serious question. Does it hurt you that people LOVE Hallucinogen more than your favorites?

does it hurt the fact that the forum is dying since u arrived here as admin?

ok enough with u..

obviously u want fight and i'm not interested.

u can continue here alone. cheers.

does it hurt the fact that the forum has dying since u arrived here as admin?

ok enough with u..

obviously u want fight and i'm not interested.

u can continue here alone. cheers.

What? I was serious, and I did NOT want to start a fight. Can you have a discussion with me in a normal way? Why so dramatic and leave? Pour your heart man, its what the forum is here for. IMO I wassnt rude to you by asking you that! I just wanted to know, since you react so strongly to Hallucinogen lovers :( Ok, I see you then :(

If you ask me, i think that Kraftwerk are the true pioneers of electronic music, releasing thier first record in 1970.

thier last album, was released in 2003, "Tour de france".

And they build a lot their instruments them self... that was quite a feat! Have anybody heard Zehn Kleine Negerlein ? Very trancy but I dunno when it was originally released or made... I have it Toccata Electronica and does not say when it was made :( but the rest of the tracks on this one is from late 70s or early 80s.... real nice track!!!!

If you ask me, i think that Kraftwerk are the true pioneers of electronic music, releasing thier first record in 1970.

thier last album, was released in 2003, "Tour de france".

But we are talking about Goa :) Otherwise, I would agree with you that they are very much Pioneers of electronica :)

I was just thinking: don't you think there might be some confusion with Goa and Psy? Because Goa is named for the place, which means the music first came from there, so that means approximately the late 80's/early 90's (I think, if I'm mistaking please correct me), and Psy refers to psychedelic, and we all know about Pink Floyd and co. from 70's and even earlier. And people use to mix Psy and Goa (I do most of the time), that means the music has two origins? Blended with psychedelia and Goa influence? But today it's not exactly like that... I don't think there's a "Goa influence" anymore. Perhaps influence from the influenced from Goa... So what to think?

I hope you got my point... :D

Only the sycophants :lol:

I really like hallucinogen but also agree Simon P is overrated. Just the fact that he has sycophants that would describe his farts as "classic" shows this ;)

Not at all, I feel special that my favourite artists are ones that are not unique. That I own a CD that only another 200 hundred people in the whole world have etc. The masses listen to Britney Spears & their taste should not be coveted ^_^

I was just thinking: don't you think there might be some confusion with Goa and Psy? Because Goa is named for the place, which means the music first came from there, so that means approximately the late 80's/early 90's (I think, if I'm mistaking please correct me), and Psy refers to psychedelic, and we all know about Pink Floyd and co. from 70's and even earlier. And people use to mix Psy and Goa (I do most of the time), that means the music has two origins? Blended with psychedelia and Goa influence? But today it's not exactly like that... I don't think there's a "Goa influence" anymore. Perhaps influence from the influenced from Goa... So what to think?

I hope you got my point... :D

I get your point, but do please tell me, what was Played in Goa at Electronic parties in the years 90-94? For me, and it has been like that since 93, Goa Trance per se does not exist. Where I come from it was Psychedelic Trance even back then (WE called it that, dunno why, maybe we were ahead of ourselfs?) Anyways, to come back to my original question and the topic at hand, Pioneers of "Goa Trance" Would be the -psychedelic inspired electronic music artists- that later on Inspired artists like MFG, Transwave ETC ETC, would you not agree?

Only the sycophants :lol:

I really like hallucinogen but also agree Simon P is overrated. Just the fact that he has sycophants that would describe his farts as "classic" shows this ;)

Not at all, I feel special that my favourite artists are ones that are not unique. That I own a CD that only another 200 hundred people in the whole world have etc. The masses listen to Britney Spears & their taste should not be coveted ^_^

Thats just the kind of answer that I was looking for... ;)

Pioneers of Goa? That's a tricky one to answer - perhaps Steve Hillage (ex Gong) and maybe Youth (The Orb) were the ground breaking acts at the time - they certainly were the leaders of electronic music at that time

Totally also agreed that they need to be Mentioned as pioneers :)

Also, RDF (radical dance faction) and African Headcharge - were messing with electronica which kinda got everyone into the groove just before psy trance was born - listening to their music today sounds more psychedelic than alot of current releases

Pioneers of Goa - I recommend reading a book by Cleo Odzer called Goa Freaks :)

But we are talking about Goa :) Otherwise, I would agree with you that they are very much Pioneers of electronica :)

its a hard question.

you have to define goa trance in order to chekout who is the first one to do it. some people will say that sfx first releas is goa, while others will say it is techno.

diffrent people will define goa trance in a diffrent way, so therefor they will have diffrent artists to call pioneers of that style.

anyway, Kraftwerk are the pioneers of electronic muisc- on that there is no doubt!

:)

WHAT A THREAD... :rolleyes: I was without internet for like 10 days (read: unpayed bills :angry: )

I am the pioneer of goa trance, and the genre was invented back here in Zagreb, like 25 years ago. I was not born yet, but who gives a fuck, I invented this beautiful music genre while I was still a fetus in my mother's womb. I messed around with the umbilical cord and noticed these cool melodic sounds being crafted while I clenched my teeth around it!!! :P

Yes, yes, I know I say a bunch of bullshit, but if I wasn't saying it, what would I be doing here???

WHAT A THREAD... :rolleyes: I was without internet for like 10 days (read: unpayed bills :angry: )

I am the pioneer of goa trance, and the genre was invented back here in Zagreb, like 25 years ago. I was not born yet, but who gives a fuck, I invented this beautiful music genre while I was still a fetus in my mother's womb. I messed around with the umbilical cord and noticed these cool melodic sounds being crafted while I clenched my teeth around it!!! :P

Yes, yes, I know I say a bunch of bullshit, but if I wasn't saying it, what would I be doing here???

You go girl!!! <- Jerry Springer Style

Dump that Zero & get you a Hero