First year of GOA ?

Mindphilux

I guess this is debatable subject but I was wondering if anyone could actually tell me what got goa trance started in the 90s? The earliest CDs I have for the genre are Juno Reactor - Transmissions and X-Dream - Trip To Trancesylvania. Both were from 1993 (although X-Dream had some singles from 1991 and 1992 according to their Best-Of release).

Is there goa that predates these two (some will argue if juno or dream's first albums were even goa, but for the sake of this thread, lets assume they are)

I guess this is debatable subject but I was wondering if anyone could actually tell me what got goa trance started in the 90s? The earliest CDs I have for the genre are Juno Reactor - Transmissions and X-Dream - Trip To Trancesylvania. Both were from 1993 (although X-Dream had some singles from 1991 and 1992 according to their Best-Of release).

Is there goa that predates these two (some will argue if juno or dream's first albums were even goa, but for the sake of this thread, lets assume they are)

Yeah, you said it all, 1993 was the year. The starters weere : Juno Reactor, Eat Static, Blue Planet Corporation and X-Dream. Golden Era. :)

Planet BEN had a produced a track in the early 90's as well - However it was releases in 1996 for first time I think in album Trippy Future Garden..

Exactly, for me the first goa track must be that planet ben track from '91, and the shocking is that it still sounds fresh today! Also the overlords (with Kox Box Ian Ion in it) were very early with their goa trance influenced tracks, 92... but let's conclude it started with experimenting in the early 90's and the genre was born around 93 with the first cds and compilations... and 94-95 made it boom really fast :)

Yeah, you said it all, 1993 was the year. The starters weere : Juno Reactor, Eat Static, Blue Planet Corporation and X-Dream. Golden Era. :)

You know what irritates me?

Goa Trance is said to originate from Goa ... so are the first Goa Trance releses not made by indish people? Juno Reactor and Eat Static are from England, BPC is from france ... no indish artists :huh: ?

Anbody can explain that? Or are those so underground that there has never gotten anything a decent release?

Goa Trance is said to originate from Goa ... so are the first Goa Trance releses not made by indish people? Juno Reactor and Eat Static are from England, BPC is from france ... no indish artists :huh: ?

Anbody can explain that? Or are those so underground that there has never gotten anything a decent release?

No, but if you would read up, these artists, they were travelling to goa, and making parties there for a long time. Basically, a party in goa played trancey music back then, and this music mixed up with old psychedelic influences, and became goa trance. So, it doesnt matter if the artists were Indian or not :)

For me it all started with Eat Static around 1990-1991 (IMO of course) :)

No, but if you would read up, these artists, they were travelling to goa, and making parties there for a long time. Basically, a party in goa played trancey music back then, and this music mixed up with old psychedelic influences, and became goa trance. So, it doesnt matter if the artists were Indian or not :)

ah, I see ... so those artists went there and became inspired and began to make those parties there ... so basically the stuff started in goa, but it was not started by the people from there completely on their own. Did I get that right?

Funny how it's these artists that are still making the best music today! Original & the best ;)

Funny how it's these artists that are still making the best music today! Original & the best ;)

Heh, yeah, the longest in the scene and still kickin'... Duration is the key to Evolution. :D

it were all european and american hippies who were not wanted especially in america anymore and travelled to goa to keep on partying on lsd...