So I went to my first Goa...

Mundo-Man

ze germans are the only ones I know of who party as long or longer as we do on a regular basis (of course there must be more but in most european countries parties end way earlier)

I´ve had a friend from Spain here, and we went to a party....at somethinng like 6 am he asked when i wanted to leave....

I´ve told him the the Party just started, and he was like :blink: ...

partywise germany it topnotch !!!

that is one cause of my long way down.

What time do your parties start?

Last one I went to finished at 6am but strated at 6pm

I've been to a few 24 hour parties aswell. I can't last much longer than 12 anyway :(

usually they begin at 10pm. But until 12 there is hardly anyone, most of the people arrive between 12 and 2 am.

parties in belgium start at 22 hrs and don't end before 10am ...

ususally indoor parties end between 10 and 14hrs ....

Belgium is very small and there are always 3-5 parties a weekend so if you still want to go on you can easily catch a different party the next day (or the same day) ....

usually they begin at 10pm. But until 12 there is hardly anyone, most of the people arrive between 12 and 2 am.

Yeah! I've been to some parties that there has been no one there until well after midnight but I still really enjoy an empty place with good psy than a busy pub before with Pop! So I usually go early ;)

Yeah! I've been to some parties that there has been no one there until well after midnight but I still really enjoy an empty place with good psy than a busy pub before with Pop! So I usually go early ;)

Depends...when i go to a party alone, it´s quite boring.....but i like to dance with friends, when we have the whole dancefloor for us :)

Ok, this is quite a time. :) I thought that those people who go to parties, and also going very often, get tired of the whole scene thing fasters than other. I also go to parties since 2000 or 2001 and I still enjoy them very much. Ok, I also like the music, this helps a lot! :) But I'm going to 4 or 5 parties a year, maybe even less so it's still something special to me.

well, that's not true... :)

I go since 1999 so that's 8 years now and I must have attend on average 40-50 parties a year (in the beginning less because there were no parties every weekend), I had my dip in 2004 when there was very little old school and good music imo, but since then things are going better again, I enjoy the parties very much, have lots of friends there... :)

I always say, some like to play cards in the weekend... I go out and party :P

But what did change is that I go home mostly around 8-9 in the morning (unless the music is good) instead of 11-12 which was usual in the early 2000's

but as Lepton said, sometimes it is a little too much here, there are weekends where you can almost party non stop from friday 22h till sunday 15h, not for me though, I like to go out and lose 1 day, and want 1 chilled day during the weekend with my gf :)

Just out of curiosity: since when and in which rhythm (like every weekend or once a month) do you go to psyparties?

I'm going to psyparties since the first half of 2002 and I go about once a month during the winter time ... but sometimes it's more than one month in between, sometimes less ... it depends. In the summer time I make a break off though ... all the paries are outside of vienna then and I can't be arsed to travel far out just for some uninteresting live act (it's very rare there are really good ones). Also festivals are rather a no for me, I wouldn't be able to stand the music for so long ... but once in my life I think I'll have to do that too.

So you can say I go about once a month to psyparties every winter half year since 2002.

Do you think its your or the Parties fault? I´m asking, because i begin to feel the same way...

I´ve always tried to make bad parties/bad music/bad people resonsible for it, but in fact i can´t stand some aspects of the whole psy scene anymore....

I don't blame it all on the scene evolution, but that issue clearly is one of the co-reasons for a decreasing amount of good experiences on psy parties too. I mean, okay, that reads like it's all less and less fun for me, it's not like that, I had some damn good ones last year! But in comparsion to earlier, where EVERY (yes, every!) party, also small ones and really small ones was a joyful and nice experience for me where I sometimes even met cool people and stuff it has become somewhat worse. Maybe I'm just having the need of getting used to the fact that not every party is great, but still ... this has never been the case before ... and when I'm standing there at the back and suddenly thinking "ey, what crap is this shallow full on music actually? and what's this all about here? what is a reason for me to actually LIKE being here now?" and then leaving in a somewhat grumpy state of mind thinking that it was not good (while it really was not, at least I felt so) and that I wasted money for that stuff I feel not good. And I really don't think it's just my own taste or attitude that has changed so much. That is certainly a factor too, I wouldn't deny it, but not only.

Depends...when i go to a party alone, it´s quite boring.....but i like to dance with friends, when we have the whole dancefloor for us :)

I'm not one for dancing on an empty dancefloor.

I like to go early & sit & have a drink while great music is being pumped out around me. It kind of builds me up to dancing later on :)

well, that's not true... :)

I go since 1999 so that's 8 years now and I must have attend on average 40-50 parties a year (in the beginning less because there were no parties every weekend), I had my dip in 2004 when there was very little old school and good music imo, but since then things are going better again, I enjoy the parties very much, have lots of friends there... :)

I always say, some like to play cards in the weekend... I go out and party :P

But what did change is that I go home mostly around 8-9 in the morning (unless the music is good) instead of 11-12 which was usual in the early 2000's

but as Lepton said, sometimes it is a little too much here, there are weekends where you can almost party non stop from friday 22h till sunday 15h, not for me though, I like to go out and lose 1 day, and want 1 chilled day during the weekend with my gf :)

well you don't take drugs jos,

I think, don't know, that people who use a lot of drugs on goaparties after 2-3 years partying all weekend don't get tired off partying but get tired of being wasted until wendesday,

mostly like me :unsure: , they quit goa and return after a year and party with less or non drugs if the interest in the goa music still exist...

at the other hand, general evolutions i'm always sceptic too, we are all individuals influenced by enviremont so...

who knows :)

yép indeed, not all countries have 3 goa's each weekend like we have here in belgium :unsure:

indeed.. we have maybe max. 10 psy parties a year.. from them maybe 2 outdoor, but there only about 50ppl.. but we have a lot of other parties tho.. techno, dnb, breakcore, electro, ambient, hc, etc..

my first rave was back in 95, when i went to a old factory-rave.. i got hooked to the scene. but back then we had also some big psyparties, Astral Projection was here, also Cosmosis, Lynar Asylum and some more.. but now, only some little parties with local dj's.. anyways, i only been to one bigger outdoor festival - that was Sonica '05 in Italy - it was great.. planned to go last year to Ozora, but did'nt make it sadly.. and once to Samothraki, but did'nt get the vacation:S.. maybe this year..

Yeah, i´ve seen ome of those belgian Party freaks here in the Ruhr area...And Yeah, ther are quite some wackos coming from there ;)

But here in Germany the parties usually run until 2 or 5 pm.

ze germans are the only ones I know of who party as long or longer as we do on a regular basis (of course there must be more but in most european countries parties end way earlier)

the only drawback about belgium is the lack of good decent locations ... Something wich is probably not a big problem in germany ...

partywise germany it topnotch !!!

germany rules with their parties indeed, been there many times already

the only 2 drawbacks about germany are the long distances

and the corrupt ('show me the money') cops with their advanced drugtests :s