Ocelot - Dream Selector

The Watcher

I dont think he was trying to be commercial. I think he just wants to show us he can make other styles and still keep the oCeLoT sound!

But, like Amphiton said, I havent listened to it much after I bought it. (I got it at a party in California, Aaron played a morning set but *&@(*Y$%@()*$ I was ASLEEP....)

Just like the in-cover says: Morning Melodic Fusion Trance.

And that's it.

It sounds like a slower crazy full on, the quality is presented in every track and I can listen the hard work of Aaron in every track but like the previous guys said it doesn't stick to your mind.

It's very good but it needs something more.

8/10 for the concept

7-7.5/10 for the music

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

absolutely a masterpiece, i have been expecting more stuff like this from him.

it has a very driving feeling all around to the last tracks. the style is very unique, anything similar around??

Maybe his new album Let's Dance?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe his new album Let's Dance?

what should i say, i have monitored every ocelot release since dream selector, never found something similar, there are many times where i contacted the artists to ask if he's gonna release something similar.

the "Morning Melodic Fusion Trance" chapter, from track 1 to 8 will remain unique i guess. i rarely like majorly an album, only track 9 and 11 kill it for me here, where as in lets dance, i didnt like anything and the styles are too different for me, perhaps the finnish rhythm and the so called "funk" in psytrance killed a lot of melodic genres inside psytrance.

melodies dont do it for me if rhythm is not part of the package. after all, it's personal taste :(.

• 1 month later...
  • 13 years later...