The Goa elements you miss the most

Ormion

I miss the acid-didgeridoo sounds that are the hallmark of "Twisted"

why not real didjeridoo? :ph34r::unsure:<_<

But ehm.... yeah for me, not that i remember anything .... way before my time (ie: too young to know what it was, im 17 now).... i guess i miss the odd spacey samples from movies you think you've heard of, lol the spacey melodies, the electric spiral 303s.... and the love :P

I miss the melodies, they were dreamy and otherwordly. I also miss the ethnic influences, the soft, rich basslines, the analogue and organic sound hardware creates, the complex, clever multi layering and the psychedelicness of it all (today's 'psy' is NOT psychedelic by any stretch of the imagination). Most of all though I miss the spirit.

Can´t agree more

All I miss is the newness!

The feeling I got when I first heard psy (previously only having heard house & techno) was unbelievable.

I still love the music but even the old music doesn't hit me as it used to!

All I miss is the newness!

The feeling I got when I first heard psy (previously only having heard house & techno) was unbelievable.

I still love the music but even the old music doesn't hit me as it used to!

Thats how it goes... since its not new to u anymore... Well I feel the same way! I came from listing to metal to goa... quite a revalation! (still like metal though)... and then when I heard IM - The Gathering for the first time! :)

What do you miss the most from the Goa period?

And don't tell me the melodies in general, tell me some elements.

Here is what I miss the most and can't find in todays psy trance.

1.The liquid basslines

Most of the artists today full on, proggy, dark or freestyle use a more ''dry'' bass than Goa artists used to use. Only some Suomi stuff have these ''liquid'' basslines (like Salakavala) but they're not good enough.

Perfect examples of ''liquid bassline'': Talamasca-Sinai and MFG-Peaceful Relaxation.

2.The ''synth over synth'' technique.

It's when a track has a synth playing a specific melody and after 16 beats, a second, louder synth enters playing the exact same (or slightly faster) melody.

Perfect examples of ''synth over synth'' technique: Tripsters-Skitzophrenik (the first two minutes) and Psygone-Psyquest.

3.The final killer climax.

It's simple. When a track after many minutes of power and melodies finishes you with a final killer climax. Unfortunately today only Filteria and Azax Syndrom seems to make final killer climaxes.

Perfect examples of final killer climax: Astral Projection-People Can Fly and Filteria-Navigate.

Yor turn.

sorry bro you´re missing all my tunes.