FLstudio vs. Cubase

really??? :)

Yeah, I haven't even come close to having CPU trouble with Reason 3.0. Just remember that a MAJOR drawback is being limited to Reason factory instruments, which means you can't add VSTIs. Nor can you record audio straight to it. Still, once you learn how to use what it's got, it's very powerful.

Now its the time of FL7 :)

Image Line Software has announced the imminent release of FL Studio 7. In version 7, particular emphasis has been given to improved workflow through enhanced interface design, so that ideas can be crystallized and creativity captured.

Key new features and changes:

* FL now supports track-based sequencing. Pattern Clips present sequence data in the method as Audio and Automation Clips.

* Edison replaces the Wave Editor - Edison is a fully integrated audio editing and recording tool complete with spectral analysis, convolution reverb + more.

* Love Philter - is a bank of 8 ganged filter units for total flexibility and creative filtering mayhem.

* Parametric EQ2 - introduces a mastering parametric EQ with spectral analysis.

* Event Automation can now be converted to Automation clips.

* Updated audio stretching engine for FL Studio & FL plugins (where applicable).

* Multi-core safe generators can now be threaded for performance gain on multi-core CPUs.

* Smoother audio 'record to disk' performance with high track-counts.

* Note OFF velocity support for the Piano roll, MIDI files, MIDI out & Sytrus.

* 'Smart Disable' mode for generator plugins, previously was effects only.

* A 'News Panel', to keep users updated with content and patches.

* Plugin windows can now be detached from the FL Studio desktop.

* DirectWave sampler now loads AIFF samples & includes a VST preset loader in auto sampler function.

* Sytrus gains multi-level 'Undo' a 'Cherry' phaser filter, 256 unit Harmonics editor (up from 128), automatable unison panning, volume and pitch.

* FPC acquires wave start/end point selection. SFZ export and loads AIFF, MP3 and REX files.

* Mono source recording. Mono ASIO inputs now handled by the mixer IN list.

* New user-definable keyboard velocity curve mapping in MIDI setup.

* Support for Apple Loops AIFF extensions.

isnt it great :rolleyes:

Yeah, I haven't even come close to having CPU trouble with Reason 3.0. Just remember that a MAJOR drawback is being limited to Reason factory instruments, which means you can't add VSTIs. Nor can you record audio straight to it. Still, once you learn how to use what it's got, it's very powerful.

:( shit.... :(

I am with everyone here on Reason, its stable, its a good tool, but its limited to the devices in reason. I have heard that the combination of Reason and Ableton live is very nice, and not so CPU demanding either. :) Check it out! :)

I am with everyone here on Reason, its stable, its a good tool, but its limited to the devices in reason. I have heard that the combination of Reason and Ableton live is very nice, and not so CPU demanding either. :) Check it out! :)

yeah, I think I'll look into that :)

But Live works damn well on it's own too. It's soooo flexible and easy to work with. Love it :)

I have Ableton Live 6, and it's great. Less CPU power, easy to use... sound quality is better than in earlier versions of this program.

This is the screenshot from my latest project "Shanti Matkin - Alter Ego [Chatnik's Full RMX]".

Posted Image

You can download from:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11256307/Shant...ndered.mp3.html