Shpongle Live in Concert

traveller

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, I was dancing next to him actually.

Did u talk to it... I think it roams here once in a while :P

Got any tips for oil-drum music? I'm very found of this sound but never listened to some band or some that uses it.

Only very basic... and u might already know this. But try some calypso or something :)

isnt't a calypso concave ?

this one has propably a different name. but it could be the same family of steel drums

I was referring to the music not the instrument name, I have no idea what that thing they used in the concert are called, looked really weird! but yeah it sounded like steel-drums (oil-drums or what ever they r called).

but anyways I don't know any good steel drum music, but there must be some Caribbean music (like calypso) which uses steel-drums and the likes!

Ello

Now it's my turn :D

Flew in with wife on Thursday, went to the hotel (Thanks Senobyte! :D), met Skeletonman (what an asshole :D) and Psyman (it was a blast!). Got some old cheap cider :D had some drinks and went to bed. Next day spent@Camden Town, picked up tix for both parties, ate great food@inSpiral Lounge, met more friends, came back to hotel, got drunk on the way to the Roundhouse, got surprised by the dog@the gate sniffing for "treats" (never seen anything like that@the party - is it common now?), had a blast@concert (although I think something was missing .... wasn't as magical as I was expecting it's going to be), booed with the rest for no 2nd encore :D, walked down to Scala (Skeleton is a great preacher :D :D ), got shocked when we saw that fuckin' line, smoked a few while walking/waiting (Thanks S!) :D, finally got inside, catched Noons, Ott and X-Dream (fuckin' A!), came back to hotel, slept all day, went to inSpiral Lounge again for Alex Patterson dj set (got drunk and enjoyed his reggae shit), blacked out on the way back :D, woke up with hangover, left hotel 3 hrs before our departure, was late for hour flight (shit!), had to fly in to another city in Poland.

But it was worth it!

Great time in London after 10 years of my absence :D

According to the guy@Access All Areas who was handling tickets/wine redistribution :D (anyone know his name?) they are planning on bringing Shpongle Live concert to Ozora in 2009 (shhh it's a secret :D).

And hang drum dude is Manu Delago (www.manudelago.com) - the greatest hang drum player imho :) I'm so happy that Simon got him on the board - love the sound of hang.

Peace

According to the guy@Access All Areas who was handling tickets/wine redistribution :D (anyone know his name?) they are planning on bringing Shpongle Live concert to Ozora in 2009 (shhh it's a secret :D).

I've been umming and ahhing about which european psy festival to do next summer, but if this is true then it may well tip the boat in ozora's favour! ;)

Looks like that shpongle's live concert is really getting around!! They're booked to play in Moscow in december and in australia at the earthcore festival. Hope this means the beginning of lots more live shows (another one in the UK please ;)), would kill for another opportunity to relive that experience!

Maybe a proper tour will follow the release of album number four? :rolleyes: