128kbs MP3 - and I-Pod

healium

In short, 128 kbps sounds like crap. It's noticably lower quality than CD and it's easy to hear.

639799[/snapback]

depends on various otehr factors too

but in general: yes, 128k is lower than CD

"192 is like CD" people said years ago

meanwhile I'd say 256k is like CD, but 320 is optimal B)

How good is your hearing? If it's fucked then there is a good chance you wont hear the difference :P

Seriously, don't copy all your CDs at that quality to ipod if that's how you are going to listen to them most of the time.

I do that (maybe not so low) but only listen to my ipod when outside or in random mode. Like now. My hearing is also shot & I really can't tell too much difference as I can't have my music too loud with these paper thin walls.

iPod sounds is a waste compared to iRiver anyways :D:P;)

640110[/snapback]

I have both. The new ipods are actually quite decent. Iriver was better (except that my battery life went down to about 1 hour after a year :angry: ) but never kept up. Is there anything new from Iriver?

I have both. The new ipods are actually quite decent. Iriver was better (except that my battery life went down to about 1 hour after a year  :angry: ) but never kept up. Is there anything new from Iriver?

640116[/snapback]

I have it for around a year and still the battery lasts 6-7 hours at least...

I could expect this from Radi...

I have the iPod Video and it sounds marvelous. Surely not with the headphones that come with it. Them i threw away immediately.

640150[/snapback]

ok but iRiver sounds better.. at least the ones i have compared... WITH the standard earphones.

ok but iRiver sounds better.. at least the ones i have compared... WITH the standard earphones.

640161[/snapback]

The Iriver comes with better headphones & is much easier to use! The ipod has more functions & better playlists & is thinner.

Hi all, I see that I-Pod encodes CD's to MP3 at 128bs - is this sound quality noticably worse than a CD?

Is there an I-Pod type thing that does MP3 at 320kbs or so?

639777[/snapback]

I have the I-Audio and there you can chose the kbs yourself, i personally went for 256 and this is ok for me.