Changes on Psynews.

NEMO.BOFH

Hi All!

We have made some changes on PsyNews.

1. The Warn system. We have changed the warn system to give you an increase of 15% instead of 33%. This means, 6 warnings instead of 3 before you get banned from the site. However this also means, that you will receive direct warnings via the warn system and not be Pre-Warned in threads anymore.

2. We have opened up a thread in the General section which is pinned where you can complain about any moderator/admin actions. So from now on, we would like to see all complaints in there, and we will ANSWER them there. Any threads that get opened complaining about the mods will either get ignored, or they will be moved into the pinned thread. COMPLAIN HERE! Any useless stuff will be removed instantly from this thread. (Self explanatory)

3. We will be stricter upholding the rules from now on. This applies to mods and admins as well.

4. There are some changes to be made to the rules coming up shortly, for all of our convenience.

One thing is to open up a thread, but one is to spam the forum with several threads a day, and moreover, several threads about the exact same thing over a week. Open one thread for EACH subject. USE THE SEARCH! If you didn’t find anything, but there is already a thread about your subject, we will merge the topics together.

5. If you feel that you have to share every single feeling you have with us, use the official Spam thread for that "What are you doing, Right now!" If that is not enough, then please register for a blog. All users are not interested in every single move you are making, and it takes up useless disk space on the Psynews Server (sounds harsh, but that’s the bitter truth).

If you have complaints regarding these changes, please make sure you voice them in the appropriate thread, pinned in the General Section (HERE)

//The PsyNews ModTeam

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the topic posts are now featured on every following page?

kinda interupts the flow imho. =/

wow that's great! my warn level from 67% now it's 33%  :P

imo 6 warnings b4 ban is too much but the decision is yrs  :rolleyes:

638527[/snapback]

Well you know, if you act like a complete moron we can alter the warnlevel for several steps at once you know. So don't worry... ;)

sounds like a good plan, I almost never reply here because of too much bull shit, so let's hope it will become more quality instead of quantity! :)

638130[/snapback]

Most forums have much BS and it's wishful thinking to expect ppl to change. You should found an invite-only forum if you want to keep the level of discussion high.

Most forums have much BS and it's wishful thinking to expect ppl to change. You should found an invite-only forum if you want to keep the level of discussion high.

638639[/snapback]

ahhh now that is an idea that I need to explore a bit ;)

Guest Rezwalker

Well you know, if you act like a complete moron we can alter the warnlevel for several steps at once you know. So don't worry... ;)

638630[/snapback]

lol...now what is this? a threat or just a thought? u know very well that i have stop the fights since i have stop posting to off-topic. so if u want to find some morons u know where u can find them ;) since im chilled long time now and im not involved to fights anymore u better say those words for your self <_<

lol...now what is this? a threat or just a thought? u know very well that i have stop the fights since i have stop posting to off-topic. so if u want to find some morons u know where u can find them ;) since im chilled long time now and im not involved to fights anymore u better say those words for your self  <_<

638740[/snapback]

When I said you I was just pulling your leg, don't worry about that! But if somebody really acts like a total cunt we can the warnlevel more than the 15%. But this is not ment as threat, only answering your question.

Guest Rezwalker

When I said you I was just pulling your leg, don't worry about that! But if somebody really acts like a total cunt we can the warnlevel more than the 15%. But this is not ment as threat, only answering your question.

638895[/snapback]

ok then. now its more clear.

ahhh now that is an idea that I need to explore a bit ;)

638717[/snapback]

now that would be totally lame, making psynews with invitations only :rolleyes:

lamest psy community of them all then <_<

lol...now what is this? a threat or just a thought? u know very well that i have stop the fights since i have stop posting to off-topic. so if u want to find some morons u know where u can find them ;) since im chilled long time now and im not involved to fights anymore u better say those words for your self  <_<

638740[/snapback]

now for this one could get a warn :P:lol:

now that would be totally lame, making psynews with invitations only :rolleyes:

lamest psy community of them all then <_<

now for this one could get a warn :P:lol:

639108[/snapback]

Why would that be lame? It would give us controll over bots, and it would give us control over WHO joins. There are enough members on the site, which could invite new members.... of course, its not going to happen... atleast not right now, but there is certainly NOTHING lame about it.

Why would that be lame? It would give us controll over bots, and it would give us control over WHO joins. There are enough members on the site, which could invite new members.... of course, its not going to happen... atleast not right now, but there is certainly NOTHING lame about it.

639239[/snapback]

Alternatively, you could make it so that you approve of a member's registration before he can post??

639239[/snapback]

Sorry, that IS lame, véry lame... What do you want, an exclusive, elite community? What if I just love to listen to goa trance, don't go to parties and never talk to anyone about it online... So I'm not welcome then? This is the saddest thing I've ever read of a moderator, I hope this will never get trough or I won't be here anymore

Sorry, that IS lame, véry lame... What do you want, an exclusive, elite community? What if I just love to listen to goa trance, don't go to parties and never talk to anyone about it online... So I'm not welcome then? This is the saddest thing I've ever read of a moderator, I hope this will never get trough or I won't be here anymore

639497[/snapback]

No, you are VERY welcome here. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that you can of course APPLY to be invited as well. Then we would KNOW its a real person that is going to come inside the forum.

No applications should be denied by ANY person, this is an OPEN forum, and not an ELITIST forum, where only we can hang around.

My main concern are the bots that join on a daily basis. We have had 20 of them in the last 24 hours, thats pretty sad.

Unfortunately, with member validation, and with US validating members, we can NEVER catch the bots.

So I think that you misunderstood.

Hi All!

1. The Warn system. We have changed the warn system to give you an increase of 15% instead of 33%. This means, 6 warnings instead of 3 before you get banned from the site. However this also means, that you will receive direct warnings via the warn system and not be Pre-Warned in threads anymore.

2. We have opened up a thread in the General section which is pinned where you can complain about any moderator/admin actions. So from now on, we would like to see all complaints in there, and we will ANSWER them there. Any threads that get opened complaining about the mods will either get ignored, or they will be moved into the pinned thread. COMPLAIN HERE! Any useless stuff will be removed instantly from this thread. (Self explanatory)

3. We will be stricter upholding the rules from now on. This applies to mods and admins as well.

4. There are some changes to be made to the rules coming up shortly, for all of our convenience.

One thing is to open up a thread, but one is to spam the forum with several threads a day, and moreover, several threads about the exact same thing over a week. Open one thread for EACH subject. USE THE SEARCH! If you didn’t find anything, but there is already a thread about your subject, we will merge the topics together.

5. If you feel that you have to share every single feeling you have with us, use the official Spam thread for that "What are you doing, Right now!" If that is not enough, then please register for a blog. All users are not interested in every single move you are making, and it takes up useless disk space on the Psynews Server (sounds harsh, but that’s the bitter truth).

If you have complaints regarding these changes, please make sure you voice them in the appropriate thread, pinned in the General Section (HERE)

//The PsyNews ModTeam

638058[/snapback]

seems good for me,

been on isratrance for a while very active without any problems,

many rules over there true but I noticed that me being on the internet some rules are good, otherwise pffffff :lol:

some people can handle freedom others don't,

still were talking about me being on the internet, not me in regular life

general:

all places need social guidelines , if it's in school, work, forums,

where people communicate, share with respect...

Hi All!

//The PsyNews ModTeam

638058[/snapback]

Did you all read that?

• 1 month later...

Since the changes on here, I noticed some of my previous reviews have codes (numbers and letters sentences) around certain areas where I had enlarged words, size , etc.

FOR EXAMPLE, this was what happened when I went back to my Peace Therapy 2 review in 2006 here. :o

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>V/A - PEACE THERAPY 2</span>

That was once the title! Why is this? Can and will it be corrected? Many of my reviews look fine and others have these codes that have appeared around them, the text.

This also appearaed to my score during that same review. Why did the site do this? SEE BELOW:

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>SCORE</span>: <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>8.9</span> out of 10 ........ <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>B+</span>

Can someone please explain why these coded sentences are happening to some of my reviews?? :(

Jon,

I have PM'ed the whole mod team and Mars about this problem, and hopefully we will have an answer very soon. Mars is the webmaster of the site, so he should be able to solve it very quickly :)

Regards,

Nemo