Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie my man!!! Where on earth have you been lately?? :)

A cigarette would be nice!!!

Some cream would be nice too... ;)  :lol:

653024[/snapback]

Like you, I'm making a conscious effort to limit my psynews time. I still like the members here but the charm of old is fading (for reasons I won't go into). :(

But anyway, life's still good with very little psynews. :D

Id certainly would think that if you are 30 and... it would be a bit wrong... but you no....

653027[/snapback]

Great, I still have the luxury to sleep with 16yr olds! :lol: I prefer older women though... 25-30yr (usually married with an army dude,or divorced) know how to take care of you... :D

What if I was 30 and she raped me??? :ph34r:

EEEEEEDIT!: How did you know my age??? :ph34r::blink:

Like you, I'm making a conscious effort to limit my psynews time. I still like the members here but the charm of old is fading (for reasons I won't go into).  :(

But anyway, life's still good with very little psynews.  :D

653037[/snapback]

its good to spend offtime from psynews :)

e. lets stay on topic here though. complaints about moderation... :) not questions on what will happen what if... :D

Like you, I'm making a conscious effort to limit my psynews time. I still like the members here but the charm of old is fading (for reasons I won't go into).  :(

But anyway, life's still good with very little psynews.  :D

653037[/snapback]

Good for you!! :)

bad for psynews ;)

I am only here when I have something to do on the pc and it takes time...like right now I'm burning Oakenfolds Goa mix '94 for a chick in school...

She also asked for some chillout and I am thinking of burning her a copy of TIP- Mystical Experiences...

Will blast her awake from the Era and Enigma she is into!!! ;)

Hmm,I'll open a thread about what kind of chillout I should give her. :D

EDIT: Mods should do something about Bots.(you see nemo,my post is not off-topic :P )

Why the hell did Pavel request the WW3 thread be locked and why did DP lock it? Pavel didn't even start the thread so what right does he have to request it be locked? <_<

Another perfectly fine thread locked for no good reason. Nice one, Pavel. <_<

Why the hell did Pavel request the WW3 thread be locked and why did DP lock it? Pavel didn't even start the thread so what right does he have to request it be locked?  <_<

Another perfectly fine thread locked for no good reason. Nice one, Pavel.  <_<

653826[/snapback]

Imho because there is so much fighting going on in this old thread that it very likely will lead to no good if the thread starts going on again... But you are of course free to open a new therad about the same subject if you have anything new to add.

Imho because there is so much fighting going on in this old thread that it very likely will lead to no good if the thread starts going on again...  But you are of course free to open a new therad about the same subject if you have anything new to add.

653831[/snapback]

It's rather an odd, not to mention an annoying, practise to lock threads because of what 'might' happen. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Can threads where someone might dare criticise Britain's actions be locked too because that's effectively why Pavel wanted it locked - heaven forbid anyone should criticise the holy Israel. :rolleyes:<_<

Why the hell did Pavel request the WW3 thread be locked and why did DP lock it? Pavel didn't even start the thread so what right does he have to request it be locked?  <_<

Another perfectly fine thread locked for no good reason. Nice one, Pavel.  <_<

653826[/snapback]

+1

It's rather an odd, not to mention an annoying, practise to lock threads because of what 'might' happen. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Can threads where someone might dare criticise Britain's actions be locked too because that's effectively why Pavel wanted it locked - heaven forbid anyone should criticise the holy Israel.  :rolleyes:  <_<

653837[/snapback]

+1

i second what charlie said, its just lame to lock OLD threads just because you mods dont like them or are affraid that they "might" get bit heated by some discussions :rolleyes:

Reger, Charlie, would you like the post to be opened again, so you can post your views, or is it just because its locked that you want to complain? I will open up the thread again, if you seriously want to contribute with something creative in that thread.

Actually, ANYONE tell me that they want to contribute constructively in the thread, and I will open it up again....

Reger, Charlie, would you like the post to be opened again, so you can post your views, or is it just because its locked that you want to complain? I will open up the thread again, if you seriously want to contribute with something creative in that thread.

Actually, ANYONE tell me that they want to contribute constructively in the thread, and I will open it up again....

653899[/snapback]

i wanted to constructively post " :lol:" this this:

Yeah, it's not even Easter yet !

653607[/snapback]

and many more contructive ideas, if not today, then tommorow, you know ;)

see, its exactly the same - you want it to be closed because it MIGHT turn into flame war, i on the other hand want it to be open for people to post their thoughts in this matter freely WHEN THEY WANT and not when mods decide to make a little test whether members are worthy and able to post something that goes through their "filter" or not.

i wanted to constructively post " :lol:" this this:

and many more contructive ideas, if not today, then tommorow, you know ;)

see, its exactly the same - you want it to be closed because it MIGHT turn into flame war, i on the other hand want it to be open for people to post their thoughts in this matter freely WHEN THEY WANT and not when mods decide to make a little test whether members are worthy and able to post something that goes through their "filter" or not.

653906[/snapback]

the :lol: is very constructive, and will for sure make many people very happy, will also not cause any flaming from any other member... not at all. I will open up the thread. The moment it gets into a flamewar, it will be closed, and deleted.

the :lol: is very constructive, and will for sure make many people very happy, will also not cause any flaming from any other member... not at all. I will open up the thread. The moment it gets into a flamewar, it will be closed, and deleted.

653911[/snapback]

i think you shouldnt threat people like that.

more than - it should not be deleted even if it turns into flame war, just delete new flame posts if they are really insulting and rude, otherwise leave that thread on its own.

i think you shouldnt threat people like that.

more than - it should not be deleted even if it turns into flame war, just delete new flame posts if they are really insulting and rude, otherwise leave that thread on its own.

653918[/snapback]

it was not a threat, it was a promise.

just delete new flame posts if they are really insulting and rude, otherwise leave that thread on its own.

653918[/snapback]

Reger nailed the way every big forum works there.

Reger nailed the way every big forum works there.

653970[/snapback]

[CINOFACT]

another fact, that is not true. kvr is a very professional forum, however many threads have been deleted or set invisible entirely there. joomlaforge has a forum, where entire useless threads have been deleted or set completely invisible.

same goes for many many other forums, that are way bigger than any forum you have ever been on.

[/CINOFACT]

Joomlas forum:

587,471 Posts in 109,481 Topics by 72,434 Members - Latest Member: vadavialculo

small forum...

a forum, that is a forum about a forum ;) phpbb.com also delete entire threads, set entire threads invisible, and is a very small one as well:

Our users have posted a total of 2325737 articles

We have 285714 registered users

vBulletins forum, do exactly the same, very small one as well

Threads: 204,043, Posts: 1,230,756, Members: 147,926, Active Members: 9,452

I have seen the active members as high as 20.000 on that site....

oh, and here is another very small one:

http://boards.ign.com/ 147,388,893 posts, 1.2 million members, many many many threads have been deleted there entirely, one of them was mine....

so, is that enough for facts, or do you want me to bring you more REAL facts?

Oh yeah, Offtopic.com, has a very nice disclaimer, and many have been banned for less than the stuff that is going on here:

Read their Disclaimer:

"Offtopic.com LLC" is a Limited Liability Company with a principal place of business at 9791 Westheimer #100, Houston, TX 77042. Offtopic.com LLC operates an online message board on the World Wide Web of the Internet at http://forums.offtopic.com, or from here on "OT". "Members" or from here on "you" means each person who establishes or accesses a connection ("Account") for access to and use of this site's services as either a guest or a registered member. This "Terms of Service" document or from here on "Terms" outlines and explains the guidelines and rules which you agree to comply with. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this User Agreement. OT reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, remove or terminate any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice.

Registration Requirements

You represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. OT is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. You acknowledge that you are 13 years of age or older, and, if under the age of 18, are using OT under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to visit or use OT.

Acceptance of Terms

Service is provided to you subject to the following Terms which may be updated from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time by clicking on the Terms icon at the bottom of any page.

Member Conduct

You agree to not use OT to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You agree to not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree to not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary and intellectual rights of any party; any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware. Images or videos depicting partial or full nudity or engaged in any form of sexual conduct is not allowed. You may not use this site and its resources to spam other sites or harass other individuals or perform any action that violates any law. Other such site rules and member conduct are posted on this thread and you are required to abide by them. You acknowledge that upon becoming a member of OT, you may be automatically subscribed to receive notifications including but not limited to updates on your threads, posts, replies, private messages and other activities. If you would not like to receive these notifications, you can remove yourself from these lists at any time by clicking on 'Settings' on the top toolbar. Posting or transmitting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising and promotional materials is strictly prohibited. Please direct all advertising inquiries to the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of this page.

Disclaimer of Warranty

All messages and content are for entertainment purposes only and reflect the views of the author. You release OT from all future claims of any kind whatsoever including, but not limited to, addiction, loss of productivity, termination or suspension from employment or educational institutions. OT cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of the content or the actions of its members. OT meets, contests and other activities are 'as is' and no warranty of any kind is made or implied; attend or participate at your own risk and follow all local, state and federal laws. Linked sites on OT are not under the control of Offtopic.com LLC and we are not responsible for the content of any linked sites, or any changes or updates to such sites. Such links are maintained by third parties and do not constitute an endorsement, guaranty, or warranty by Offtopic.com LLC, and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and the content of third party sites. By using OT and its services, you hereby waive all rights to any claim against Offtopic.com LLC.

Subscription and Donations

Subscriptions and Donations allow you access to optional features as stated on the subscriptions page. At any time, OT reserves the right to add or deduct optional features as needed, without prior notice of any kind whatsoever. By subscribing or donating to the site you guarantee that you are the authorized owner or user of the Paypal account and/or the credit card or check card you are using, and you agree to pay the charges in full. Refunds are offered within 72 hours of payment if you are dissatisfied with the service. Please contact us at the toll free number at the bottom of this screen, or use the 'Contact Us' Link at the bottom of this page for refunds or any questions. No refunds are offered if you are banned or if you violate this agreement.

Dealing with Advertisers and Affiliates

Items sold or bought in OT are 'as is' and no warranty or insurance of any kind is provided. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers and affiliates found on OT, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser or affiliate. You agree that OT shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers and affiliates on OT.

Monitoring

OT has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this site, including chat rooms, forums and private messages to determine compliance with Terms and any operating rules established by OT and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. The Administrator, Super Moderators, Moderators and other authorized users of OT have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason and to reveal your identity and other known information in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any content posted or uploaded by you.

Termination

Either OT or you may terminate these Terms at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, OT has the right to immediately terminate your Account in the event of any conduct by you which OT, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach of these Terms. OT reserves the right to refuse service and/or terminate your membership at any time without giving any prior notice or any reasons.

15700+ users ;)

653899[/snapback]

Good on you for re-opening the thread, nemo. :)

I don't have anything to post there at the moment but I'm sure I, and many others, will in the future. Israel and her neighbours are regularly at each other's throats so it makes sense having one thread where we can discuss what's happening.