Hux Flux is quite decent, except...

Cinos

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy, Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger and Pleiadians - IFO among others were released in 1997. Matsuri basically declared goa dead at its height?

636562[/snapback]

The demands for musical evolution were that much bigger back then, simply due to the expectations for new fresh sounds stimulated by the experience of the pioneering days of the genre.

Matsuri was not that far off, 1997 it died, to many of us.

But, keep in mind, Matsuri kept on pumping out releases for another 2 years, and Let it RIP came out when the label was only 1 year old.

I think its a message to move on, abandon the cliche stereotype melodic driven goa trance and try something new.

Soon after, Matsuri released the Sandman classic "Witchcraft", one of the first commercial releases featuring intendedly dark and scary atmospheres. Also acts like Sonic Fusion, XIS & Quirk were featured later on, breaking the formula. Breakbeats in the form of the VA "Sympathy in Chaos" and Joujouka releases also came out.

I mean, its very clear, try something new and let the old formula driven stuff RIP. So much of the music was just becoming the same ALALALALAA BLA BLA MELODIES FOR EVER AND EVER, much like much full on is now.

Later other releases would follow, a label also made a release, I think it was "Goa Trance RIP"... It was almost amusing for me seeing a label call something "Psytrance is dead", as if that was in itself something original - I mean, when it was done almost 10 years ago already. Then again, Im not talking about the sounds or the music, just the idea of the title, and what it projects.

Tsuyoshi Suzuki, who was a driving force behind Matsuri, was one of the people who would challenge the so-called open minded psychedelic scene to accept something else than the same formula driven music, for that he was once attacked after a dj gig for not having played the right music (Someone threw a pie in his face). That incident clearly illustrated to me, that its not enough whats on the surface in a culture, it needs to be deeper and real...

So yeah, they declared it dead, more or less. I cant think of anyone better to have done so, and, as a matter of fact, it died then and there, 1998 was a shitty year, 1999 also (for stereotypic goa trance, and after that it was all but gone)... Took some time to convert to tech trance, progressive & full on...

Either way, doesnt matter much. I think it just shows that history repeats itself :-)

- Krell

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The demands for musical evolution were that much bigger back then, simply due to the expectations for new fresh sounds stimulated by the experience of the pioneering days of the genre.

Matsuri was not that far off, 1997 it died, to many of us.

But, keep in mind, Matsuri kept on pumping out releases for another 2 years, and Let it RIP came out when the label was only 1 year old.

I think its a message to move on, abandon the cliche stereotype melodic driven goa trance and try something new.

Soon after, Matsuri released the Sandman classic "Witchcraft", one of the first commercial releases featuring intendedly dark and scary atmospheres. Also acts like Sonic Fusion, XIS & Quirk were featured later on, breaking the formula. Breakbeats in the form of the VA "Sympathy in Chaos" and Joujouka releases also came out.

I mean, its very clear, try something new and let the old formula driven stuff RIP. So much of the music was just becoming the same ALALALALAA BLA BLA MELODIES FOR EVER AND EVER, much like much full on is now.

Later other releases would follow, a label also made a release, I think it was "Goa Trance RIP"... It was almost amusing for me seeing a label call something "Psytrance is dead", as if that was in itself something original - I mean, when it was done almost 10 years ago already. Then again, Im not talking about the sounds or the music, just the idea of the title, and what it projects.

Tsuyoshi Suzuki, who was a driving force behind Matsuri, was one of the people who would challenge the so-called open minded psychedelic scene to accept something else than the same formula driven music, for that he was once attacked after a dj gig for not having played the right music (Someone threw a pie in his face). That incident clearly illustrated to me, that its not enough whats on the surface in a culture, it needs to be deeper and real...

So yeah, they declared it dead, more or less. I cant think of anyone better to have done so, and, as a matter of fact, it died then and there, 1998 was a shitty year, 1999 also (for stereotypic goa trance, and after that it was all but gone)... Took some time to convert to tech trance, progressive & full on...

Either way, doesnt matter much. I think it just shows that history repeats itself :-)

- Krell

636586[/snapback]

Word!

Hux Flux is like 95% Dennis Tapper - listen to the tracks he released by himself... Logic Bomb is great too but that distinctive Hux Flux sound has remained with Dennis Tapper...

I didn't like "Division by Zer0" that much though - gone are the insane twisted melodies they incorporated before...

"Radio" is amazing - it came out a little before "Cryptic Crunch" too didn't it?

Both albums are just so phenomenal and unique though - the advent of the "tech" style and that whole breed of un-earthly sound effects...

Hux Flux is like 95% Dennis Tapper - listen to the tracks he released by himself...  Logic Bomb is great too but that distinctive Hux Flux sound has remained with Dennis Tapper...

637994[/snapback]

Rumour says that the Logic Bomb guys were tutored by Dennis.

Never heard of it - is that available anywhere?

unfortunately isn't :(

I myself got only cdr...

but there's some ear-tickling tracks on it in my opinion. :) Some released on va's, some not. This is what cryptic crunch sequel should've been I thinks...

here's a link

http://www.discogs.com/release/475716

^

are you sure it are all hux flux tracks cuz I have never heard of the last 3 that are mentioned  ....

639049[/snapback]

Sure I'm sure. :)

I guy who owns that cd burned it for me. Actually that saft rmx appears on a maxi-cd too if you look closely.

howcome there are tracks listed that are not released anywhere else :

abracadabra

deedrah vs hux flux

639079[/snapback]

:D are you serious with the question?

hux flux was supposed to release that album as his 3rd, but somehow it didn't go thru.

these tracks you're talking about are, if you've heard the term, 'urnsld'.

:D are you serious with the question?

hux flux was supposed to release that album as his 3rd, but somehow it didn't go thru.

these tracks you're talking about are, if you've heard the term, 'urnsld'.

639088[/snapback]

No, they are fake.

Dang man, hook it up - can you make copies?

I've got a CDr that is:

1. Bring Your Own BIOS

2. Logarythmic

3. Idiot

4. Snickesnack

5. Degauss

6. Errorhead

7. Dit Nam I Min Mun

8. Lex Rex Perplex

I'd happily send you a copy of that one if you want for trade...

Or if anyone else has misc tracks they would swap for those that I have send me a pvt msg...