do you listen to oldschool psychedelic trance?

radi6404

I am going to TRY and not sound arrogant in this reply......

1. The most people that I read and know that dont like oldschool, have not basically lived the oldschool era...

2. The ones that love full on, seem to be the ones that just joined around 1996.

3. The ones that think that goa and psy is shit, is the wannabe "dis and people" that joined when progressive got big. Thinking that progressive is the new thing etc etc.

I first heard acid house when I was VERY young, and I instantly fell for it. I have loved electronic music since. People love music, its frikkin natural! So they fight for their Genre! I fight for ELECTRONICA though....

for the future of Elecronica. Good electronica will never die... but progressive, goa, psy... WILL (only electronica will survive)!

It will maybe live as a small society..... but the music will evolve, and it will be called something else and we will LOVE IT!

Please dont take this as a negative post... im only saying.... things happen... they evolve... they become better (Or worse) and then we alter them!........

THE DIRECTION IS UP TO YOU!

Love and Light,

Nemo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nemo i think when the third hallucinogen album will come out it will change the scene and the people will start to listen to oldschool again because it will oldschool (i hope) the cheesy israeli fullon wil disappear with time after the second hallucinogen album. I don´t know why mars and annoebis don´t release more oldschool alike music instead of that newschool, Tranceform is closer to oldschool than suntrip but they still aren´t 100% oldschool. I hope they will change their style a bit and force filteria to not make so ultracheesy trance anymore. Khetzal is fine though.

Nemo i think when the third hallucinogen album will come out it will change the scene and the people will start to listen to oldschool again because it will oldschool (i hope) the cheesy israeli fullon wil disappear with time after the second hallucinogen album. I don´t know why mars and annoebis don´t release more oldschool alike music instead of that newschool, Tranceform is closer to oldschool than suntrip but they still aren´t 100% oldschool. I hope they will change their style a bit and force filteria to not make so ultracheesy trance anymore. Khetzal is fine though.

629250[/snapback]

I dont know if it will come out, and i bet it will be full-on.

I hope they will change their style a bit and force filteria to not make so ultracheesy trance anymore.

yes they will force him with a knife in his throat.

Nemo i think when the third hallucinogen album will come out it will change the scene and the people will start to listen to oldschool again because it will oldschool (i hope)

629250[/snapback]

It will definitely have full on basslines. Otherwise I will be disappointed in the lack of full on basslines.

629250[/snapback]

Does it really have to do with the artist, Radi?! Isreaeli Full on or NOT, there are some pretty damn good artists from Israael, that created some of the best tracks ever released.... IM, PsySex, Astral.... etc etc.

Simon was not the first to create this sound, and he in no WAY was the PIONEER of this sound!

What Mars and Anoebis might want to re-live is the scene around 1997 and forward.... and that is fine... Everyone to their taste or not?! If you dont like it, or if you dont agree with it...... (no comment).

Listen my friend, I have listened to electronica since I was born basically. My mindset is based on electronic music, I was RAISED with it. I love it. I love all forms of it! I love IDM, Psy, GOA, Progressive... ETC ETC! I love Electronic Music, as long as it is quality electronic music, and it fits MY taste!

Taste is like your buttucks mate, its devided... some might agree with you, and some people might NOT! BIG DEAL!!!

I dont like most of the djs playing at parties at the moment, I think they are too fucking limited to their own little genre.... But I still support them... I still love what they are doing, because they are FIGHTING for THEIR cause!

Psynews or GoaNews, or TEKKNONEWS, or whatever.... does it really matter? We are all lovers of electronic psychedelic music, and we discuss it. You like Hallucinogen... I love Trentemoller... he loves Astral....

we ALL LOVE MOOZIK IN THE END!!!!

peace... love... UNITY....RESPECT is what its all about in the end... especially UNITY and RESPECT!

Love isnt that bad either by the way.... and peace would be a nice thing ;)

It will definitely have full on basslines. Otherwise I will be disappointed in the lack of full on basslines.

629260[/snapback]

youre such a bore pr0fane, get off your high horse.... be nice ;)

Does it really have to do with the artist, Radi?! Isreaeli Full on or NOT, there are some pretty damn good artists from Israael, that created some of the best tracks ever released.... IM, PsySex, Astral.... etc etc.

Simon was not the first to create this sound, and he in no WAY was the PIONEER of this sound!

What Mars and Anoebis might want to re-live is the scene around 1997 and forward.... and that is fine... Everyone to their taste or not?! If you dont like it, or if you dont agree with it...... (no comment).

Listen my friend, I have listened to electronica since I was born basically. My mindset is based on electronic music, I was RAISED with it. I love it. I love all forms of it! I love IDM, Psy, GOA, Progressive... ETC ETC! I love Electronic Music, as long as it is quality electronic music, and it fits MY taste!

Taste is like your buttucks mate, its devided... some might agree with you, and some people might NOT! BIG DEAL!!!

I dont like most of the djs playing at parties at the moment, I think they are too fucking limited to their own little genre.... But I still support them... I still love what they are doing, because they are FIGHTING for THEIR cause!

Psynews or GoaNews, or TEKKNONEWS, or whatever.... does it really matter? We are all lovers of electronic psychedelic music, and we discuss it. You like Hallucinogen... I love Trentemoller... he loves Astral....

we ALL LOVE MOOZIK IN THE END!!!!

peace... love... UNITY....RESPECT is what its all about in the end... especially UNITY and RESPECT!

Love isnt that bad either by the way.... and peace would be a nice thing ;)

629261[/snapback]

hey nemo, asolutely cracy :P

he will report you for not worshipping his god :rolleyes::lol:

The thing is, I see so many people being so negative about this whole scene....

- Oldschool sucks

- Psytrance has shitty basslines

- Psytrance is dead

- blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

its all blah to me!

Start a frikken page called Prognews.com... DO something about you dislike... Be inovative... CREATE something!

Like I said, im not a pure psy lover, nor a goa fan. I am a lover of good music! Be it Hallucinogen or Trentemoller.... what gives me the kicks, gives me the kicks :D

hey nemo, asolutely cracy :P

he will report you for not worshipping his god :rolleyes:  :lol:

629271[/snapback]

Hehe, im not crazy!!! :D :D Yeah maybe he will, but I think im very honest atleast.... or not? Psynews is about PSY, but we can take it to another level or not? :D (no its not a question directed at you reger)

Word Nemo :) Music is evolution of sound, something new always have to happen, as said by Buddha himself: "all compounded, constructed things and states are said to be impermanent"!

:)

Electronica will exist as long as human kind has electricity, if that fails we maight have go back goatskin and clay pots....

ED: just fixed the Buddha citation ;)

Word Nemo :) Music is evolution of sound, something new always have to happen, as said by Buddha himself "everything is impermanentimpermanent"!

:)

Electronica will exist as long as human kind has electricity, if that fails we maight have go back goatskin and clay pots....

629276[/snapback]

haha man, when I was in Spain this summer, I found this group of people in a big park in Madrid.... they were about 25 of them, with diffrent kinds of percussion.... no need to tell that they actually sounded very electronic :D

Amazing stuff... we need more of it... back to the frikken roots... I call people to go back to the roots, to create, not to destroy!

Don´t talk like that man, if that will happen monica will be the only one i would be able to adore, that can´t happen, i will fall in depressia

629257[/snapback]

... man, try expanding you taste & mind . So the only things you adore are Monica & S. Posford?

@ nemo's last post, yeah it would be impressive to hear non-electronic music resembling electronic dance music... hehe :D

... man, try expanding you taste & mind . So the only things you adore are Monica & S. Posford?

@ nemo's last post, yeah it would be impressive to hear non-electronic music resembling electronic dance music... hehe :D

629280[/snapback]

pretty much, yeah

629280[/snapback]

More and more djs/artists are doing it man. At the moment, I am talking to another dj, which is doing a lot of hiphop stuff (scratching etc) and 2 percussionists, and we think about doing something mad tribal :) With music today, live percussions, scratching, and some vocals, we can create something that is VERY psychedelic :D ..... or not? :D

E V O L U T I O N... and also being I N O V A T I V E....

who the fuck cares about being successfull?! Its all about creating... nothing else!

haha man, when I was in Spain this summer, I found this group of people in a big park in Madrid.... they were about 25 of them, with diffrent kinds of percussion.... no need to tell that they actually sounded very electronic :D

Amazing stuff... we need more of it... back to the frikken roots... I call people to go back to the roots, to create, not to destroy!

629277[/snapback]

YES root! There are so much energy in the trance you can get from well played percussion (of any kind)! Thats the essence of the music trance imo, that deep energy, as if found in a part of the mind that dates back to the begining of the humankind, when we all were standing dancing around a burning fire in the middle of the night in trance to rhythms of the drums :rolleyes:

Thats the feeling I can get from any good trance inducing music, I really think it comes from that normally hidden place of our minds ;)

YES root! There are so much energy in the trance you can get from well played percussion (of any kind)! Thats the essence of the music trance imo, that deep energy, as if found in a part of the mind that dates back to the begining of the humankind, when we all were standing dancing around a burning fire in the middle of the night in trance to rhythms of the drums :rolleyes:

Thats the feeling In can get from any good trance inducing music, I really think it comes from that normally hidden place of our minds ;)

629284[/snapback]

Hidden place in our minds.... yes me like that comment :D

Well I first heard psytrance in 2003, so I missed Goa when it happened. When I listen to old-school stuff now though it sounds good but kind of primitive, and doesn't stand up so well to repeat listens as a lot of modern stuff in my opinion. Though if anyone could recommend an old-school album that would change my mind about this I would be very grateful.

629209[/snapback]

Posted Image

Although some people will say "that's not old-school" and stuff.

It's a classic.