Posford rated 68th best DJ in the world

Charlie

HAHAHAH!... :D This is so funny

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey maybe he is a better live dj but listen to the transmissions between the tracks of halluciongen and shpongle albums, they are really without doub the best transmissions between tracks i´ve ever heard, ott´s transmissions are also very good but the transmissions of him are awesome.

627708[/snapback]

You simply don't have a fucking clue...

Hey maybe he is a better live dj but listen to the transmissions between the tracks of halluciongen and shpongle albums, they are really without doub the best transmissions between tracks i´ve ever heard, ott´s transmissions are also very good but the transmissions of him are awesome.

627708[/snapback]

Stop acting like an idiot man. Have you even heard carl cox's mixing? In fact, you havnt even seen Hallucinogen Live (ive seen hallucinogen live, god...7/8 times...maybe more).

You dont even know what you are talig about,

Radi have you ever seen Carl Cox play?

Or Simon Posford?

I have seen both and they are both good, but Posford couldnt hold a candle to Carl Cox when we are speaking about dj skills.

Peace

627753[/snapback]

I have also heard them both play, Simon Live Act and Carl Cox techno and house sets. Simon was better by any means, but only coz he played Live. I disliked Carl Cox infantile shouts he is producing during sets, lifting the crowd with his hands in the air, shouting on the microphone, but still, Carl Cox is the only guy that played for Y2K on 6 different places around the globe, moving around in time so he could actually play 6 different NY...impressive activity. :D

And besides whats so special about DJ'ing anyway, "Look at me! I can play other peoples music!" better take a look at production skills.

And besides whats so special about DJ'ing anyway, "Look at me! I can play other peoples music!" better take a look at production skills.

627764[/snapback]

Ugh ! I guess there is nothing to it when you present it so banal. :D

have also heard them both play, Simon Live Act and Carl Cox techno and house sets. Simon was better by any means, but only coz he played Live. I disliked Carl Cox infantile shouts he is producing during sets, lifting the crowd with his hands in the air, shouting on the microphone, but still, Carl Cox is the only guy that played for Y2K on 6 different places around the globe, moving around in time so he could actually play 6 different NY...impressive activity.

I thougth we were talking about dj's, not livesets?

Well as the above its all about personal preferences, but for me I'll take a dj set over a live one any day.

Dj's got more material to work with since they are not confined to play only their own music.

That for me makes it a lot more interesting. Then again there are not that many artist that I find it interesting to hear playing their own music for an hour or two.

However I find that there are ofcourse exceptions like KoxBox, Total Eclipse, HAllucinogen, Juno reactor etc.

Peace

Funny. Electronic music is based on the skill of Djs.

627775[/snapback]

Say what?

ps. I do understand it takes a lot of skill to be teh skill with DJing.. however in the end they just play music other people made.

e. then again turntables can be considered an instument.. <_< ..not in this scene, but some others.. DJ Shadow :ph34r:

Posted Image

e. WHY THE FUCK is DJ Shadow not on that list btw :blink:

it's a fucking joke, that's why :D

no A-Trak either <_<

Ones on the list I enjoy or did enjoy in the past.

4. Christopher Lawrence.

8. Digweed.

21 James Zabiela

27 Sander Kleinenberg

36 Nick Warren

53 James Holden

6 out of 100.

Freaking PVD #1 again. :(

Electronic music is based upon artists who use electronic instruments.

DJs are only important for playing dance music.

Anyway, it would be pretty cool to be a DJ, but I could never play too much of the same stuff for hours..... I wouldn't pay attention to genres and just try to mix all sorts of different stuff. :D

for me djing isn´t a true skill

627771[/snapback]

ever seen a good electro dj mixing with 4 turnies? if you think djing does not require any skills i am eagerly awaiting a fucking link from you. and i'm talking about turntables here, cdj's are nothing compared to them. spinning is a fucking handicraft, man.

mark rothko used to paint simple paintings, just two areas on the canvas painted in different colours, sometimes with a white spot on them, mostly without. but if i do this it looks horrible. so you need skills for everything, even for throwing two different colours on a canvas. it makes you angry that carl cox gets better votings, which he deserved, btw, and it makes me angry if i see other peoples work degraded with such stupid uneducated comments.

Electronic music is based upon artists who use electronic instruments.

DJs are only important for playing dance music.

Anyway, it would be pretty cool to be a DJ, but I could never play too much of the same stuff for hours..... I wouldn't pay attention to genres and just try to mix all sorts of different stuff. :D

627787[/snapback]

thats what i expect a good dj to do :)

id' play everything i guess, from ethno music to minimal techno and oldschool goa trance!

ever seen a good electro dj mixing with 4 turnies? if you think djing does not require any skills i am eagerly awaiting a fucking link from you. and i'm talking about turntables here, cdj's are nothing compared to them. spinning is a fucking handicraft, man.

mark rothko used to paint simple paintings, just two areas on the canvas painted in different colours, sometimes with a white spot on them, mostly without. but if i do this it looks horrible. so you need skills for everything, even for throwing two different colours on a canvas. it makes you angry that carl cox gets better votings, which he deserved, btw, and it makes me angry if i see other peoples work degraded with such stupid uneducated comments.

627837[/snapback]

-_--_--_-

Wordz man...

I don't consider DJing that much of a skill either and certainly don't understand the worship surrounding many DJ's.

I remember upsetting many people when I posted these opinions in a long and argumentative thread some time ago but I think that was because many of them DJ'ed and wanted to believe what they did was very skillful. At the end of the day, like traveller says, all they really do is play other people's music.

At the end of the day, like traveller says, all they really do is play other people's music.

627849[/snapback]

Yeah most DJs.. but like I said some use turntables as an instrument. Not in this scene thou, in this scene they pretty much just play other people's music..

A staggering 217,102 dance music fans voted in DJmag's 2006 Top 100 DJs poll.

That's 90,000 more than last year and a true indication that dance music is still a massive global phenomenon.

627775[/snapback]

Why are we even discussing this, its a dance chart come on! :unsure: I mean its silly that Simon Posford is even on this bloddy list imo!!! dance smance!!

Producing is like painting, DJing like directing the film.

They are both valuable so all of us can have fun all the time... so why disrespecting anyone's effort to please our senses ? :unsure::rolleyes:

...so why disrespecting anyone's effort to please our senses ?  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

627853[/snapback]

Because if they don't please our senses we should be allowed to express this freely without the usual cries of 'where's your respect?' and 'why the negativity?'.

That's one of the things I hate most about this forum. You can't criticise something without someone saying something along the lines of 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything'. Well fuck that. Everyone should be allowed to speak their mind and express exactly how they feel, whether it be praise of criticism.

I don't consider DJing that much of a skill either and certainly don't understand the worship surrounding many DJ's.

I remember upsetting many people when I posted these opinions in a long and argumentative thread some time ago but I think that was because many of them DJ'ed and wanted to believe what they did was very skillful. At the end of the day, like traveller says, all they really do is play other people's music.

627849[/snapback]

100 percent agreed, i know also a DJ who thinks he is the king but i told him you just play others music and will tell him another time if it is necessary, you don´t need ideas for Djing, but the worst thing is that some people like Djs very much and say that they are arists and that´s just idiotic, with a proper program i can make a very good set, i can´t perform live but i would sure be able to make a good DJ set and it isn´t anything artistic, i know this discussion, i protected you and you protected me, the discussion was when Rain posted his goa trance set.

...i know this discussion, i protected you and you protected me, the discussion was when Rain posted his goa trance set.

627883[/snapback]

Yes, you're right, good memory you have there. :) It was Rain's thread, he was banned shortly afterwards too. :lol: Poor soul, I miss him sometimes.