Posford rated 68th best DJ in the world

Charlie

You know, honestly and truely I'd prefer if Posford wouldn't be in that DJ toplist at all. Not because I don't like him but because I like him! Seriously ... it's mostly commercial trance, eurodance and technoheads voting - what do they have to do with psytrance? Nothing! And thus psy DJs should be left out of that list and we should make our own where the DJs really get the place they deserve.

628578[/snapback]

Exactly what I have been saying all along! *Thumbs up* to you! ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider DJing that much of a skill either and certainly don't understand the worship surrounding many DJ's.

Look. If you´ve been to a party you cannot deny there are good and there are bad dj´s. And yes, they play someone else´s music and yes producing is more difficult than dj/ing, but nonetheless it is a very decisive factor when it comes to the quality of the party. And simply because electronic music is made to make people dance. Well, if someone does not have a clue as to what music to play, to feel what the crowd wants, to create something 'new', than he can truly fuck up the atmosphere.

Oh wait, I'm going into an age-old discussion here.

So.

I agree: no worshipping dj's. Doesn't make sense. But for that matter: worshipping no matter who else does not seem to make that much sense either. Why would you and what would it add?

But saying dj-ing is not a skill is simply envious and untrue.

Guest The Journey Man Project

I have been going to parties in the electroninc music scene for a good 10-13 years now and I must say that whilst I on't orship a dj or an artits as such, I much prefer a dj than a live set... for example, I heard Mubali live in Japan, and yes his music rocked, yes oit was good fun, but seeing som dude tweak his laptop was really boring... then i had the absolute please of seeing DJ TeeBee do a drum n bass et on 2 cdj's and 2 vinyl at rthe same tim, and it was brilliant, he mixed the tracks so they flowed perfectly, he told a story better than probably 99.9% of most psy artits doing live today could, and he created a fun vibe that made verybody leave the gig with a big grin... Dj'ing is fun, it takes a helluva lot of skill to do well, but ostly it is fun... ad fun is what this sceneis lacking and why t sucks balls now-a-days... shut the fuck up all of you and just have some damn fun without being pretentious geeky wankers!

I have been going to parties in the electroninc music scene for a good 10-13 years now and I must say that whilst I on't orship a dj or an artits as such, I much prefer a dj than a live set... for example, I heard Mubali live in Japan, and yes his music rocked, yes oit was good fun, but seeing som dude tweak his laptop was really boring... then i had the absolute please of seeing DJ TeeBee do a drum n bass et on 2 cdj's and 2 vinyl at rthe same tim, and it was brilliant, he mixed the tracks so they flowed perfectly, he told a story better than probably 99.9% of most psy artits doing live today could, and he created a fun vibe that made verybody leave the gig with a big grin... Dj'ing is fun, it takes a helluva lot of skill to do well, but ostly it is fun... ad fun is what this sceneis lacking and why t sucks balls now-a-days... shut the fuck up all of you and just have some damn fun without being pretentious geeky wankers!

631137[/snapback]

Agreed 100%