ambient labels

crazyboris

I'm not looking for psybient, but for pure ambient. Could you give me some labels please?

Thanks a lot in advance ;)

Astro Cortex?

Snapinho?

Otto?

Charlie?

Bahamut?

anyone...?

Just one Ultimae !  :)

www.ultimae.com

616995[/snapback]

Ultimae is a fantastic label to be sure & a lot of it close to real ambient but a lot of it has beats (quite heavy) so if what your after is real beatless stuff, take some time to listen to sample & shit.

Guest Astro Cortex

AtmoWorks

Beyond

Databloem/dataObscura

em:t

Fax +49-69/450464

GreenHouseMusic

Hearts of Space/Fathom

Hypnos

Instinct Ambient

Kranky

Recycle or Die

Hehe, as I expected Astro Cortex makes all other replies unnecessary. The man, the knowledge.. ;)

Small q: would you guys consider stuff like the Higher Intelligence Agency, Biosphere, Monolake etc. also ambient? Personally I do, although it's by no means as 'ambient' as are Pete Namlook and his fellow ambiendelicioners... what do you reckon? If not, under what name or category would you label those?

Hehe, as I expected Astro Cortex makes all other replies unnecessary. The man, the knowledge.. ;)

Small q: would you guys consider stuff like the Higher Intelligence Agency, Biosphere, Monolake etc. also ambient? Personally I do, although it's by no means as 'ambient' as are Pete Namlook and his fellow ambiendelicioners... what do you reckon? If not, under what name or category would you label those?

617579[/snapback]

Biosphere for sure, HIA too ...

Monolake also has minimal techno influences

Guest Astro Cortex

617579[/snapback]

You could call that "ambient techno", "intelligent techno", in some cases also "IDMbient" (HIA at least). Biosphere made some more or less 'pure' ambient records too, whereas most of Namook's work does actually have some sort of beat, bordering on ambient techno or IDMbient (also depends on the collaborator of course), and most of his beatless ambient is still quite different (e.g. more melodic) from that of Steve Roach, Vidna Obmana and the likes.

In the end it's just pointless stereotyping. ;)

Just one Ultimae !  :)

www.ultimae.com

616995[/snapback]

:wub:

Ultimae and Dakini

most essential ones for me :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

Dj Zen's label Sunline Records. You can listen a few demos from different artists here Ambient/chill-out/downtempo, modern & high quality music.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming "Moonshadow beats" compilation. :)