What music motivates you the best for work?

Tatsu

For me it depends on the mood of course but most of the time melodic psy (be it old-school or full-on) works best for me. I get an extra energyboost when I'm tired and even the most stupid tasks are nice. Some examples of music that always helps me:

Space Cat - Mechanical Dream

Acidkills promo mix! :)

Yazoo - Don't go Chromatone Remix (only one track, not an album)

v/A - Exotica

There is also progressive that motivates me, but not in such a pushy way as full-on does, it's more giving me a steady groove to work to (don't know if you can understand what I mean). Also some examples:

Flowjob's latest album

Reefer Decree's latest album

Matenda - Tunnelvision

Profane's Euphoric DJ-mix

There is more stuff of course but that's the music first comming to my mind when I think about what to listen to.

What kind of work are we talking about? I only turn the music off when I have to study. I am one of the few(?) that don't study with music on. I just can't do it hehe.

Otherwise I always have something on. Something fast and pushy when I clean the house :)

What kind of work? Depends on your occupation I guess. For me I mean the time when I work at my office (job). Music also works for cleaning the appartment of course but that's something different.

What kind of work? Depends on your occupation I guess. For me I mean the time when I work at my office (job). Music also works for cleaning the appartment of course but that's something different.

599740[/snapback]

I suppose. And I don't have a job yet so I guess I'll leave this topic :)

In my case any psy/goa will work actually, though I prefer faster stuff than down-tempo, as I noticed I work faster with fast music... Hmm... Maybe I should listen to gabber or speed-core? ;):lol:

I hate stuff with vocals though (radio stuff - pop, rock, r'n'b etc.), because I can't concentrate at all when someone sings...

I suppose. And I don't have a job yet so I guess I'll leave this topic :)

599742[/snapback]

Nah, you could talk about your studying time, which you did. No music for you then... It's somewhat understandable, when I was in school (also talking about business school) I was also listening to music while doing my homework, but sometimes I had to turn it off when studying for a test.

Nah, you could talk about your studying time, which you did. No music for you then... It's somewhat understandable, when I was in school (also talking about business school) I was also listening to music while doing my homework, but sometimes I had to turn it off when studying for a test.

599747[/snapback]

Yea, and it depends on what type of project it is. If I'm writing something one the computer it's fine with music but when I just sit down and read I can't have music.

i allways clean the house with california sunshine - trance

and for studys i mostly listen to dimension 5 - transdimensional,VA- The next millenium , MFG - Project Genesis,Tandu - Multimoods.

those albums open up the brain cells for faster and better learning. ;):)

I used to be able to listen to music while working with school and sleeping. Now it's impossible. I listen to the music and over-analyze it. Stripping it down into it's original layers etc.

Edit : though, I can listen to some ambient at times. But it needs to be more soundscapes than music. Thomas Köner is a good example.

I can listen to anything really when I study or work... Right now I am reading about cloning techniques and lisning to Penta.... it works perfectly for me B) The only thing I dont want is lyrics! They tend to distract me quite a bit!

DUB... in the mornings when the pression rises, you have to get shit done and you are still tired... stress assassin, OTT, jumbo layer, canartic... i hear OTT literally every morning... i get work done with a huge smile on my face

DUB... in the mornings when the pression rises, you have to get shit done and you are still tired... stress assassin, OTT, jumbo layer, canartic... i hear OTT literally every morning... i get work done with a huge smile on my face

599943[/snapback]

Ott is the bringer of smiles! :rolleyes:

Its a sure a snow on everest!