Best shakta album

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

The 4 albums of Shakta have each a unique and special atmospheric concept inside, a unique movement and tympo. That's why I think those 4 albums represent the different phazes of Shakta's music evolution.

About the best album of Seb Taylor single psychedelic trance project, personnaly, I hesitate between "Silicon Trip" & "The Enlightened Ape", because I very like both stuff. But, if I have to make the choice, I vote for "Silicon Trip", because of the speed of the psychedelic "silicon" vibes and the awesome massive flow of F.X., which impressed me a lot the first time I have heard this album, and still now of course.

I actually really like feed the flame. It took me a while to get into it and it took a proper listen on headphones. I love Akira Lives and Are we learning yet? Great tracks. I only recently got the enlightened ape though and it might be one that needs a bit of time.

Guest antic

That's a tough one. I guess all of those albums are at least very good, I for example listened yesterday to Feed The Flame (both discs in one go) and was midnblowed by the quality of this mucic - so groovy, so detailed and intelligent :) But at the same time I appreciate the old-schoolness of Silicon Trip & Enlightened Ape, and when I'm in the right mood nothing beats sheer funkiness and break-beat influences of Amazon.

I'm glad you didn't add Digitalis "The 3rd State" and Somaton "Future memories" because then you'd made the poll incredible to decide.

Anyway, I voted for Silicon Trip, because I like it always, no matter what and with others I must be in some special mood to appreciate them correctly. :)

Edited by antic

It´s plain impossible for me to make a choice between them. As you already said, they all have a different style and feeling, from twisted and mindblowing to hypnotic and endlessly deep, and I love them all equally for what they are.

I've heard "Silicon Trip" and "Feed the Flame" and out of these 2, the latter wins because of it's groovyness and the fact that it's a double disc, and the second disc is really good with some Digitalis tracks in the end to chill down.

The other 2 albums I've heard one track each, and they seem to be the best 2 ones though :(

I've heard "Silicon Trip" and "Feed the Flame" and out of these 2, the latter wins because of it's groovyness and the fact that it's a double disc, and the second disc is really good with some Digitalis tracks in the end to chill down.

The other 2 albums I've heard one track each, and they seem to be the best 2 ones though :(

498501[/snapback]

can this be people undecided about which albums the best?, we like them all over a almost 10 year span, has to be a first.

i agree love them all for differnt reasons.

leaning towards trip, but only just :ph34r:

Silicon Trip ofcourse, classic!

Silicon Trip is one of the best album of all time (I voted that)

Enlightnened Ape is very good, still melodic but kinda darker. Great stuff but nothing to do with Silicon Trip.

Out Of Sight is awful! Some tracks remind me shitty House music.

Feed The Flame (cd1) is a joke. Pure crap! :(

Enlightnened Ape is very good, still melodic but kinda darker. Great stuff but nothing to do with Silicon Trip.

Feed The Flame (cd1) is a joke. Pure crap!  :(

498849[/snapback]

thats harsh

thats harsh

498903[/snapback]

It's not harsh, it's the truth. The fact is Shakta's albums got progressively worse and within 4 albums managed to go from the sublime to the sticky wank.

Guest antic

Feed The Flame (cd1) is a joke. Pure crap!  :(

498849[/snapback]

It's not harsh, it's the truth. The fact is Shakta's albums got progressively worse and within 4 albums managed to go from the sublime to the sticky wank.

499097[/snapback]

You both forgot to add "IMO" to your statements, because it's not objective truth, just your opinions based simply on the assumption that artist should not change his style and if he once released goa then he should do so forever.

Sorry, but that's just stupid! However I'm sure that if all four albums sounded like Silicon Trip you'd say that he doesn't evolve musically, that they all sound alike and you can't tell a tune from the other. You'd probably even say that he's gone commercial because he's exploiting a once-succesful formula... :P;)

I too voted Silicon Trip, but at the same time I'm far from calling any of later albums "sticky wank" or "joke, pure crap!". If you pay attention, you'll still hear old Shakta sound behind those housey / d'n'b rhythms and there's a lot of psychedelia there too...

All IMO ofcourse.

You both forgot to add "IMO" to your statements, because it's not objective truth, just your opinions based simply on the assumption that artist should not change his style and if he once released goa then he should do so forever.

Sorry, but that's just stupid! However I'm sure that if all four albums sounded like Silicon Trip you'd say that he doesn't evolve musically, that they all sound alike and you can't tell a tune from the other. You'd probably even say that he's gone commercial because he's exploiting a once-succesful formula... :P;)

I too voted Silicon Trip, but at the same time I'm far from calling any of later albums "sticky wank" or "joke, pure crap!". If you pay attention, you'll still hear old Shakta sound behind those housey / d'n'b rhythms and there's a lot of psychedelia there too...

All IMO ofcourse.

499107[/snapback]

I'm sorry you find my opinions stupid but not to worry.

Truth is I would have preferred four Silicon Trip type albums with no evolution than the crap he decided to release.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Truth is I would have preferred four Silicon Trip type albums with no evolution than the crap he decided to release.

499136[/snapback]

And me too, Charlie! "Silicon Trip" symbolizes the perfection of Shakta unique style. But, IMO, "feed the flame" is the free-fall in the Hell!

Guest antic

499136[/snapback]

And me too, Charlie! "Silicon Trip" symbolizes the perfection of Shakta unique style. But, IMO, "feed the flame" is the free-fall in the Hell!

499142[/snapback]

Ok, I guess I have to live with the fact, that people do have their opinions, especially when they're different than mine :P

I think we have to agree to disagree on that subject. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Ok, I guess I have to live with the fact, that people do have their opinions, especially when they're different than mine :P

I think we have to agree to disagree on that subject. :)

499151[/snapback]

You know, it's only a matter of taste. Some guys prefer shakta's old stuff and other new albums. I respect this and your opinion, Antic. That's why I have created a poll discussion in order to share different views. If all the guys have said they prefer "Silicon Trip", it wouldn't have been a so interesting subject! :)

499136[/snapback]

"One mans crap is another ones gold" ;)

Guest antic

You know,  it's only a matter of taste. Some guys prefer shakta's old stuff and other new albums. I respect this and your opinion, Antic. That's why I have created a poll discussion in order to share different views. If all the guys have said they prefer "Silicon Trip", it wouldn't have been a so interesting subject!  :)

499161[/snapback]

Considering how pro-oldschool this forum is I'm not surprised by the result :)

It would be a great excercise to do similar polls on Isratrance and Psy-forum.co.uk. I suppose that most of the isratrancers wouldn't even know who Shakta is and in psy-forum.co.uk the winner would be one of the last two albums.

It seems to me that main age-groups for those forum are:

isratrance: 0-18

psynews.org: 18-30

psy-forum.co.uk: 25-40

I'm almost 30 btw, so that'd explain the camp I'm defending ;):D

Guest Cosmogenesis

Considering how pro-oldschool this forum is I'm not surprised by the result :)

It would be a great excercise to do similar polls on Isratrance and Psy-forum.co.uk. I suppose that most of the isratrancers wouldn't even know who Shakta is and in psy-forum.co.uk the winner would be one of the last two albums.

It seems to me that main age-groups for those forum are:

isratrance:              0-18

psynews.org:        18-30

psy-forum.co.uk:  25-40

I'm almost 30 btw, so that'd explain the camp I'm defending ;):D

499182[/snapback]

0-18 in Isratrance! Really? I have any idea that this forum was so young! :blink:

Guest antic

0-18 in Isratrance! Really? I have any idea that this forum was so young!  :blink:

499224[/snapback]

Well, maybe I exagerrated slightly, but I can't shake the feeling that isratrance is populated by teenagers who discovered psy-trance max 1-2 years ago and they only know about artists like Skazi and ...uhmm ...aaa ...the ones I have no idea of ;):D

Well, maybe I exagerrated slightly, but I can't shake the feeling that isratrance is populated by teenagers who discovered psy-trance max 1-2 years ago and they only know about artists like Skazi and ...uhmm ...aaa ...the ones I have no idea of ;):D

499250[/snapback]

I'm only in it for like 1-2 years and i know most of the stuff :)

Btw, my opinion changed (again); Silicon Trip is way better than Feed the Flame. More variation than on CD1 of Feed the Flame, and some nice ideas and originality (what the FUCK is up with the echoing kick drum? it's hilarious :D).

Guest antic

I'm only in it for like 1-2 years and i know most of the stuff :)

Btw, my opinion changed (again); Silicon Trip is way better than Feed the Flame. More variation than on CD1 of Feed the Flame, and some nice ideas and originality (what the FUCK is up with the echoing kick drum? it's hilarious :D).

499281[/snapback]

Problem is not about it that they discovered psytrance 1-2 years ago, but that they onlz know stuff released in this period! They don't care to dig deeper, check where it all began and how it sounded "back then". It's not a crime to be new to psytrance :)

Enlightened Ape for me, although that's probably because it was my first Shakta experience. I like Silicon Trip a lot, too, though. Out of Sight had amazing production but the tracks were boring. I haven't heard the latest one.

And the Somaton album is definitely in third place for me after Silicon Trip.